JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In 2010, more than 76,000 people failed a federal gun background check. Of those, 4,732 cases were passed to the ATF for further investigation. The majority of those cases involved felons, domestic abusers, and people with active protective orders against them.

A total of 62 were ultimately referred to U.S. attorneys for prosecution.

I would hazard to guess that many of those 76,000 were erroneously denied on the first attempt. But even after sorting those out the prosecution rate is only 1.31%. What is the point of having a law if it's not enforced.

Maybe we're missing the point here. Since felons don't follow long established firearm laws, why don't the courts make it mandatory for felons to carry Hi-Points and only in their waistbands.

HP knows that their products are attractive to those that crave a "throw away" gun. Kinda like "burner" cell phones. Cheap "tools" marketed to people that have a better than average chance of doing something bad with them. Even cheaper on the black market sold out of the back of a van in a dirty alley. Printing $100 bills on them as if in some sort of way a HP should be associated with wads of cash acquired who knows how. Yeah, that's how law abiding gun owners want to be represented. :rolleyes:

This is not only self-serving, but blatantly irresponsible. They know EXACTLY what kind of "audience" they have and they willingly exploit it.

Last Edited:
Hey!!! I only bought a Hi-Point because my emergency brake wasn't working on my truck and I park on a hill and needed to put something behind the tire to prevent it from rolling back..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

HP knows that their products are attractive to those that crave a "throw away" gun. Kinda like "burner" cell phones. Cheap "tools" marketed to people that have a better than average chance of doing something bad with them. Even cheaper on the black market sold out of the back of a van in a dirty alley. Printing $100 bills on them as if in some sort of way a HP should be associated with wads of cash acquired who knows how. Yeah, that's how law abiding gun owners want to be represented. :rolleyes:

This is not only self-serving, but blatantly irresponsible. They know EXACTLY what kind of "audience" they have and they willingly exploit it.
Capitalism. It's the cornerstone of our economy... Along with consumerism...

Capitalism. It's the cornerstone of our economy... Along with consumerism...

Oh I know. But when it comes to a firearm manufacturer I tend to hold them to a higher standard. My bad I'm sure. But I will NEVER own a Hi-Point product on principal alone.

Oh I know. But when it comes to a firearm manufacturer I tend to hold them to a higher standard. My bad I'm sure. But I will NEVER own a Hi-Point product on principal alone.
But if I picked one up and needed you to hold on to it for me, Yano "possess It" could you help a brother out?

"Since Jones (seen above) does not possess a state handgun license, investigators will forward the case to the Grant County Prosecuting Attorney for a determination on whether Jones will face any criminal charges.

Jones, a Marion native, has two felony convictions for narcotics dealing."

A determination on charges shouldn't be required......HE HAS TWO FELONIES IDIOTS! He shouldn't have been in possession of a firearm, DAMN straight he should be charged. I don't care if he shot his pecker or not. This is why gun laws don't work we have to decide if the courts/ lawyers want to follow the current laws on the books. He'll probably get off (well not for a while....) with no jail time because they'll think he suffered enough.
Some states (and I don't know about his) do not automatically rescind gun rights for a felony if a non-violent felony, so he might still be a legal owner.

I do not care for the looks of the Hi Point, but really they work, this guy proved that. You can get a ND out of any gun if mishandled. It will work and I bet most that own them are not criminals and also not gun enthusiasts.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top