JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From another story:

'After successfully defending my home and my family and my five-month-old child, California has now decided to suspend my Second Amendment [rights],' Ricci said.

Ricci, an entrepreneur in LA who helms a photo studio, told Fox News the sheriff's office called him on Thursday telling him it was due to him 'yelling' at officers when they came to investigate.

He had previously blasted the LAPD for 'sloppy police work', including their alleged negligence in picking up casings scattered near his home as evidence.

While I certainly do not agree with the suspension of his CCW, especially considering Ricci was on his own property when this took place, yelling at the LEOs, or criticizing their work ain't a real smart thing to do - especially while they are investigating the situation at hand.

And the NRA video? Is he trying to rationally present his situation or become a new 'spokesperson' for the NRA? Seems pretty well 'scripted' and produced.

While I am most certainly on his side, and glad he defended himself and family, I am also seeing an uppity, self righteous X Bronx New Yorker (he said in the video) who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut and most likely chit in his own messkit.

Regardless the LEOs were there performing their duties and that was not the time to be yelling at them for any reason.

Last Edited:
It's California so.......

1700242677885.png

Aloha, Mark

I don't fault the home owner for any of his steps. I wouldn't have chosen that area of California but maybe he doesn't know the history.

Beyond that, there is a lot of victim blaming. He's reaching out to those he thinks can help him since LA is screwing him, failing to protect his family (while collecting taxes) and letting dangerous gun toting criminals run wild.

Last Edited:
I don't fault the home owner for any of his steps. I would have chosen that area of California but maybe he doesn't know the history.

Beyond that, there is a lot of victim blaming. He's reaching out to those he thinks can help him since LA is screwing him, failing to protect his family (while collecting taxes) and letting dangerous gun toting criminals run wild.
I certainly do not fault him. I am just not one bit surprised this is happening. If he had actually shot one of those scum in the back? I fully expect he would have been charged with a crime by now. Sadly this is the real world the people who live there have made for themselves. I of course know nothing about this guy. Don't know if he has been proactive and tried to turn that ship around, or is he one of the millions of gun owners there who do nothing? Millions of legal gun owners in that state if they voted as a block could scare hell out of the law makers but, sadly they will not. So this is what ends up happening. :(

From another story:

'After successfully defending my home and my family and my five-month-old child, California has now decided to suspend my Second Amendment [rights],' Ricci said.

Ricci, an entrepreneur in LA who helms a photo studio, told Fox News the sheriff's office called him on Thursday telling him it was due to him 'yelling' at officers when they came to investigate.

He had previously blasted the LAPD for 'sloppy police work', including their alleged negligence in picking up casings scattered near his home as evidence.

While I certainly do not agree with the suspension of his CCW, especially considering Ricci was on his own property when this took place, yelling at the LEOs, or criticizing their work ain't a real smart thing to do - especially while they are investigating the situation at hand.

And the NRA video? Is he trying to rationally present his situation or become a new 'spokesperson' for the NRA? Seems pretty well 'scripted' and produced.

While I am most certainly on his side, and glad he defended himself and family, I am also seeing an uppity, self righteous X Bronx New Yorker (he said in the video) who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut and most likely chit in his own messkit.

Regardless the LEOs were there performing their duties and that was not the time to be yelling at them for any reason.
To be fair, he was likely dealing with some post-traumatic stress from the incident.

So no FIRST AMENDMENT rights in Kommifornia either?

This state is a joke and LAPD is a freaking farce.

The dude's family just about got lit up because the political leaders and cops in LA ain't doing crap about anything. They've just about completely turned over the rule of law to the criminals.

The dude has every right to expect these idiots to do their job and to call them out when they don't. And the notion that your GOD GIVEN Second Amendment rights are predicated on you being nice and not hurting the poor cops' feelings, is a complete and utter joke. And CLEARLY unconstitutional and a violation of his rights.

EFF these people. Eff them for being tyrants, Eff them for not doing their jobs, Eff them for being unprofessional, Eff them for not adhering to their oath, Eff them for subjugating this man's rights.

The dude needs to sue their lame incompetent asses off.

Yeah since when was yelling at cops a crime?
Oh, it's not but when does yelling at ANYBODY, anytime, especially during a stressful situation get you anything other than a less than helpful attitude by WHOEVER you are yelling at who is potentially trying to help you - but if you are dissatisfied then yelling should be an entirely acceptable recourse correct ? And those you are yelling at should just 'roll over' for you and say YES SIR ! , Anything you say sir?

Yelling at anyone, for any reason is a indication of insecurity, fear and an extreme lack of self control, and is NOT something anyone has to endure, put up with or accept from anyone who cannot control their faculties.

AND don't forget - yelling at someone COULD potentially be construed as an aggressive action and you might just get your azz effed up - or killed by someone (right or wrong) who doesn't appreciate being yelled at.

Oh, but hey, I understand some of you 'tough guys' think you can intimidate people and get what you want due to your fearful, threatening displays of anger and yelling but not all of us 'roll over' to that ignorance.

Last Edited:
Oh, it's not but when does yelling at ANYBODY, anytime, especially during a stressful situation get you anything other than a less than helpful attitude by WHOEVER you are yelling at who is potentially trying to help you - but if you are dissatisfied then yelling should be an entirely acceptable recourse correct ? And those you are yelling at should just 'roll over' for you and say YES SIR ! , Anything you say sir?

Yelling at anyone, for any reason is a indication of insecurity, fear and an extreme lack of self control, and is NOT something anyone has to endure, put up with or accept from anyone who cannot control their faculties.

AND don't forget - yelling at someone COULD potentially be construed as an aggressive action and you might just get your azz effed up - or killed by someone (right or wrong) who doesn't appreciate being yelled at.

Oh, but hey, I understand some of you 'tough guys' think you can intimidate people and get what you want due to your fearful, threatening displays of anger and yelling but not all of us 'roll over' to that ignorance.
TLDR

Follow up info is that his CCW suspension turned into a revocation.

As far as yelling at officers. Coming down post traumatic experience and, according to his side of the story, officers where trampling on evidence (shell casing), failing to mark, photograph and collect many of the same... as well as not making much of an examination of the bullet holes... and also declined to dust for any fingerprints. Especially where one perp jumped the fence and it appeared that at least one of them was not wearing gloves.

In short... blatantly obvious to the homeowner that their "investigation" was nothing but cursory at best. He also expressed that having been burgled not long before... where investigators "investigated" to about the same degree... his concern was that the 2 incidents may be related and worried that they may return yet again to do harm simply out of revenge for him having fired shots at them.

In that light I can completely understand his immense frustration.

Regardless, raising his voice is in no way a crime nor grounds to revoke his CC license. Colien Noir was postulating that it's likely not the "yelling" that caused them to revoke his license but was in petty retaliation for him turning to social media and disparaging their handling of the case.

Sure sounds like it to me!

Maybe yelling isn't the best tactic to get LE cooperation, but if they've already decided that any in depth investigation isn't worth their time... trying to "kumbaya" your way into them changing their minds ain't going to do diddle squat.

What's more understandable? LE blowing off any serious attempt to investigate a violent crime, "and if you don't like it", then pulling a "my D's bigger than yours" move revoking his 2A rights.... OR... a person getting a bit riled up by LE blowing off trying to bring to justice those that just moments ago sought to murder him and possibly commit harm against his wife and baby?

"That's no excuse to raise your voice"? I mean... come on!! šŸ¤£ Anyone that truly has any love for their wife and child is going to react poorly to anyone not taking threats against their lives seriously. It has nothing to do with putting on a "tough guy" act just for show. What a farce!

Last Edited:
Sadly again no surprise to me. I have little doubt they are pissed he is outing them for the crap job they tried to do. Again he is lucky he did not hit one of the little darlings as they were running away. Maybe more gun owners in the state will notice this? Can only hope.
Quite true. Sadly.

Although... if a perp is firing at you while putting distance between you I wouldn't consider that "running away" or "fleeing". I know Kalifederation won't see it that way, but as long as imminent threat exists, it's game on IMHO.

In his whole story the one thing I don't get is circling the house looking for stragglers and heading up the back 2nd story deck.

My instinct would have been to enter the home, secure my family in a "safe zone" and taken up overwatch from a different location with a good fire lane. You can't do much good to your family if you're bleeding out trying to play commando.

Last Edited:

200.gif

Quite true. Sadly.

Although... if a perp is firing at you while putting distance between you I wouldn't consider that "running away" or "fleeing". I know Kalifederation won't see it that way, but as long as imminent threat exists, it's game on IMHO.

In his whole story the one thing I don't get is circling the house looking for stragglers and heading up the back 2nd story deck.

My instinct would have been to enter the home, secure my family in a "safe zone" and taken up overwatch from a different location with a good fire lane. You can't do much good to your family if you're bleeding out trying to play commando.
Hell I have zero problem with what he did but I am not the one he needs to worry about there. If he had hit one of them and the DA charged him? Given how people there vote I would not want to trust the jury pool there. :mad:

I will say in the PD's defense that some dude with no LE or Forensics background yelling at their folks and telling them how to do their job would be annoying to say the least. Crime shows like CSI have probably done a bigger disservice to the relationship between the public and law enforcement than anything else because it sets unrealistic expectations by dramatizing and oversimplifying the most complex and challenging techniques. In the end the TV shows make it look infallible, and when real life doesn't enable law enforcement to live up to those impossible standards, they get called incompetent by the people they are supposed to serve, people who are completely unaware of their own ignorance.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews