JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even my Bride said "Ouch"! Twice "Ouch!" And I have to agree with her. Carrying in that position, especially a Cheap Handgun like that one, is just asking for Trouble. It's the main reason I can't recommend that position, even with a VERY high quality Firearm such as a Glock! I can ONLY recommend four positions, using an outside belt Holster, first at the 4 or 8 o'clock position or the 10 or 3 o'clock position, depending on wether you are right or left handed. These positions do work as long as a quality firearm is used.:):):)

Some states (and I don't know about his) do not automatically rescind gun rights for a felony if a non-violent felony, so he might still be a legal owner.

There is Federal law that does not care what the states do. If the state he is in does not want him the Feds should take him. Unless of course he is in the country illegally. Then the state and feds will both give him a pass.

So why when I... @Kruel J ...say I don't like them it causes such discontent among the NWFA members? :rolleyes:
It's the "holier than thou" way that you say it. You don't just say you don't like them, you crap all over them at what seems like any opportunity you get. I'm not defending them and I'm not trying to provoke you, just answering your question. :)

Neat, still i do not care. I've tried it even with an unloaded to test it out and it just isn't for me.

Murphy's law stands strong with me as does historical evidence of human error. I get not all will do this im just not willing to gamble that possibility.

Same here, there just ain't enough room down there without attracting any more attention than normal.

Having had an ND when I dropped my pistol, instinctively grabbed for it, and shot myself through my ankle four months ago, I can't be too critical. But I did it with my gorgeous and amazing CZ 75D PCR, not a Hi-Point, so I suppose I can at least claim a modicum of superiority here in terms of firearm used and target selection. Sigh.

Having had an ND when I dropped my pistol, instinctively grabbed for it, and shot myself through my ankle four months ago, I can't be too critical. But I did it with my gorgeous and amazing CZ 75D PCR, not a Hi-Point, so I suppose I can at least claim a modicum of superiority here in terms of firearm used and target selection. Sigh.

Yeah but you shot yourself in the foot, not the pecker, although I do admire the impressive marksmanship from the guy to hit something that small.

Dude wasn't using a holster. I appendix carry daily.

While this case is one of a dumb*** illegal carrier not using a holster, there's a video circulating of a apparently responsible gun owner appendix carrying in a holster who shot himself while appendix carrying, when he bent over to pick up his backpack from the floor. Compression or perhaps something in the trigger well fired the gun.

Video:

Another different case, man dies attempting to reholster AIWB: Man Dies Attempting Appendix Carry Reholster In Milkwaukee - Bearing Arms - appendix carry, Milwaukee, Negligent Discharge, Timothy Phonisay, Wisconsin

AIWB violates at least 1 of the 4 rules and therefore should not be used, IMO, at least not on a live chamber. You are relying on small mechanical plastic parts and springs and a holster to prevent the gun from firing. No thanks. Because if it fails, you can die.

The gun safety rules are there for a reason and you should not break them unless it is IMPOSSIBLE to harm someone (i.e. if you've unloaded the gun, and confirmed, you can dry fire it to disassemble). But it is not IMPOSSIBLE for a loaded gun's safety to fail somehow and fire. It's rare, but not impossible. Therefore, AIWB is simply far too dangerous as a means of carry.

Last Edited:
It's the "holier than thou" way that you say it. You don't just say you don't like them, you crap all over them at what seems like any opportunity you get. I'm not defending them and I'm not trying to provoke you, just answering your question. :)

Fair enough. I'll refrain from further comments.

$160 +$25 shipping + $15 transfer + $10 BGC = $210 so I'll pass on the pistol, $324 out the door for a Woodland Camo 40 Carbine though, Still just ten rounds. Okay I do not need one so I'll let Kruel J have my slot!

.......Also what is the point of gun laws if you don't enforce them against the criminals they were designed for...?
Andy

Late to the party as usual. As others have mentioned, I no longer believe "gun control" laws are intended to control crime. They are intended to control us. They "work" as intended, giving government a monopoly of force. Like in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore etc, usually accompanied by an increase in violence (requiring still more government, a feature, not a bug). That's why they keep doing it. It WORKS for their true purpose.

Even the term "felon" is losing its meaning for me. I can foresee a man becoming a "felon" for the heinous act of sitting quietly at home while failing to turn in some newly banned firearm to please his masters.

Late to the party as usual. As others have mentioned, I no longer believe "gun control" laws are intended to control crime. They are intended to control us. They "work" as intended, giving government a monopoly of force. Like in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore etc, usually accompanied by an increase in violence (requiring still more government, a feature, not a bug). That's why they keep doing it. It WORKS for their true purpose.

Even the term "felon" is losing its meaning for me. I can foresee a man becoming a "felon" for the heinous act of sitting quietly at home while failing to turn in some newly banned firearm to please his masters.
Please see my post number 20 for some more of my thoughts of Gun Laws ...We are , I'm thinking , mostly on the same page....So to speak.
Andy

The problem was not the POS weapon, and yes Hi-Points are POS, nor the carry location, but the lack of a holster. POS starts fall, POS not supposed to have POS grabs for it, no doubt presses the trigger and POS does what it's designed to do and discharges, that is what doomed little Richard and the twins. Had a holster been present, 1) the gun would not have fallen 2) the trigger would have been inaccessible.

The problem was not the POS weapon, and yes Hi-Points are POS, nor the carry location, but the lack of a holster. POS starts fall, POS not supposed to have POS grabs for it, no doubt presses the trigger and POS does what it's designed to do and discharges, that is what doomed little Richard and the twins. Had a holster been present, 1) the gun would not have fallen 2) the trigger would have been inaccessible.
LOL.....You should write greeting cards.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top