JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will say in the PD's defense that some dude with no LE or Forensics background yelling at their folks and telling them how to do their job would be annoying to say the least. Crime shows like CSI have probably done a bigger disservice to the relationship between the public and law enforcement than anything else because it sets unrealistic expectations by dramatizing and oversimplifying the most complex and challenging techniques. In the end the TV shows make it look infallible, and when real life doesn't enable law enforcement to live up to those impossible standards, they get called incompetent by the people they are supposed to serve, people who are completely unaware of their own ignorance.
That I "get". Some guy who is of course amped up because he just had a close call with armed scum. So of course the "professionals" doing the crime scene don't want his angry advice. What I still do not get is what exactly does this have to do with them taking his carry permit? :confused:
Are they trying to say he was threatening the cops with his gun? So from now on when some people tell Cops they are not doing their job the first thing we should do is pull their permit to carry? Sure, sounds reasonable to me.

I will say in the PD's defense that some dude with no LE or Forensics background yelling at their folks and telling them how to do their job would be annoying to say the least. Crime shows like CSI have probably done a bigger disservice to the relationship between the public and law enforcement than anything else because it sets unrealistic expectations by dramatizing and oversimplifying the most complex and challenging techniques. In the end the TV shows make it look infallible, and when real life doesn't enable law enforcement to live up to those impossible standards, they get called incompetent by the people they are supposed to serve, people who are completely unaware of their own ignorance.
Not sure I can blame him. I'm sure his adrenaline was up, but the police showed up 3 days later to interview him. Do you think they cared about him? Probably what he was reacting to.

Don't call the cops, call the coroner

That I "get". Some guy who is of course amped up because he just had a close call with armed scum. So of course the "professionals" doing the crime scene don't want his angry advice. What I still do not get is what exactly does this have to do with them taking his carry permit? :confused:
Are they trying to say he was threatening the cops with his gun? So from now on when some people tell Cops they are not doing their job the first thing we should do is pull their permit to carry? Sure, sounds reasonable to me.
Don't do anything to the perps, punish the citizen. He's the only guy they can punish. Of course chances are that this will end up in a law suit because the SO will be sued and the Bruen decision says he can have it.
A little understanding would have gone a long way.

Don't do anything to the perps, punish the citizen. He's the only guy they can punish. Of course chances are that this will end up in a law suit because the SO will be sued and the Bruen decision says he can have it.
A little understanding would have gone a long way.
18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law

18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law
Again what many do not like to understand. Laws mean only what some black robe tells you they mean. People can wave laws and the constitution around till cows come. Many black robes will just tell them "wrong, what I say goes" and the black robe wins every time. Now you may be able to win FAR down the road but, you better have lots of time and a LOT of money behind you. So for now? This guy in LA was damn lucky he did not hit one of those little darlings the left loves to protect. Until a LOT of people decide they have had enough of this? This is the real world we all have to live in.

I was talking about this shooting to someone at work that is into guns and protection, but he hadn't heard of it. He is a new father with 3 toddlers so I get that, but I saw it here first.

In regular news, how many people don't know? I mentioned it to my brother in LA. He hadn't heard either.

I was talking about this shooting to someone at work that is into guns and protection, but he hadn't heard of it. He is a new father with 3 toddlers so I get that, but I saw it here first.

In regular news, how many people don't know? I mentioned it to my brother in LA. He hadn't heard either.
I probably wouldn't have heard about it if I hadn't seen it here? Damn near zero is how much TV news I watch. Just listen to the radio talk shows some.
I'd think MSM would hold back some on reporting it. Wouldn't want the general public to get the idea to start protect themselves. :rolleyes:

It's a new NRA Commercial, it's been on Fox and most conservative news outlets. It's gone nationwide. It looks like he embarrassed the LAPD and the Sheriffs office revoked his permit for it. any way you turn, it looks like retaliation. DR

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews