JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just looking at deer. The deer population decreased by 40% in just a 3 year period about that same time. Mainly due to weather conditions/drought, but it takes years for the herds to recover and... suddenly we're introducing apex predators?

Gotta make you stop and think sometimes. ;)

Just looking at deer. The deer population decreased by 40% in just a 3 year period about that same time. Mainly due to weather conditions/drought, but it takes years for the herds to recover and... suddenly we're introducing apex predators?

Gotta make you stop and think sometimes. ;)
And now there are idiots wanting to bring grizzlies back to oregon.....

And now there are idiots wanting to bring grizzlies back to oregon.....
Yep -- the people wanting to bring Grizzlies back are primarily the anti-hunting groups like the HSUS and Peta but our urban population ignorantly buy into their rhetoric which is animal rights based propaganda -- and are the largest financial support for those groups -- as are the politicians for which our urban majority vote!

No Fear the Wolf....LOL . I have a Greater fear with female Mosquitoes attacks, as the female mosquito is the top predator that kills more humans on planet earth.
True statement! However, wolves do kill people. There have been a number of documented attcacks on humans in recent years and 2 deaths! One in Alaska -- a school teacher out for her morning run on March 8, 2010 (Candice Berner) -- and one on November 8, 2005 in Saskatchewan (Kenton Carnegie).

ODFW is horribly run by what seems to me like a bunch of environmentalist, tree hugging, hippies. 9 years ago I hunted the Snake River unit and it has been hit hard by the wolves, just decimating the deer & elk population. I'm sure it's worse now. Between their allowed hunting, or non-hunting, practices, I'm sure the big game population has dropped even more. Allow dogs for cougar hunting again and open it up for wolf, even with a quota.

It's all part of an agenda.
-Stop logging federal forests...1990's Clinton "forest plan"...reduced ungulate habitat.
-eliminate bear hunting over bait and cougar hunting with dogs...reduced ungulate calf survival.
-introduce wolves and grizzlies...more competition for reduced ungulate populations.
Desired outcome...eliminate hunting. With no hunting there is one less reason for citizens to own guns.

It's all part of an agenda.
-Stop logging federal forests...1990's Clinton "forest plan"...reduced ungulate habitat.
-eliminate bear hunting over bait and cougar hunting with dogs...reduced ungulate calf survival.
-introduce wolves and grizzlies...more competition for reduced ungulate populations.
Desired outcome...eliminate hunting. With no hunting there is one less reason for citizens to own guns.
Hopefully this doesn't go against the standards of this web site but I feel it needs to be said! Yes, you nailed it! The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is an animal rights group and it has a yearly budget of almost 200 million dollars and use that to attack hunting as well as all animal ownership and animal use! If you look at the HSUS "Humane Scorecard" page you'll see that the Oregon Democrats get an approval rating of 80% year in and year out! In Oregon ALL Democrats vote for ALL animal rights legislation the HSUS introduces. It was the HSUS that poured millions into outlawing hunting cougars with dogs in Oregon and they're also behind introducing wolves in the American west and behind the effort to introduce grizzlies!
Also -- "weenie greenies, treehuggers, environmentalists and preservationists" are primarily supported by Democrats!

It isn't just wildlife that has suffered. Besides us hunters having less opportunity to fill our freezers, the families that worked the timber industry have been destroyed.
Out of work loggers and mill workers didn't move to Beaverton to work at Intel. They went on the dole...and worse.
I remember driving down I-5 thru Oregon before the forests were closed to logging. Every small town had a mill and wigwam burner (oh...the horror). Generations of families worked in the woods and mills. US lumber was cheap and plentiful.
Now we have dope growers and catastrophic wild fires. But hey...we're woke.

They're listed as endangered in all but the most eastern reaches of the state, so hunting them isn't a concern I have.
Under the 'Oregon Wolf Plan' there is no classification of endangered/un-endangered and therefore there is NO legal hunting of them, and from the ODFW:

There is no general season sport hunting of wolves allowed in any phase of the Wolf Plan. In Phase III where wolves are delisted, controlled take of wolves by special permit in certain areas could be allowed with Commission approval in situations of chronic livestock depredation or wolf-related declines of prey populations.

I'm fine with them reintroducing wolves if they start becoming a problem then we can hunt them just like coyotes. they live by the hard rules of nature and natural selection I feel like they have a right to the animals just like we do and I'm sure we screw their hunts up too. Look at what they did when they re-introduced them to Yellowstone the animals were no longer able to eat all the fresh trees shrubs and grasses all the way down to the ground the wolves kept the animals moving their erosion problem stopped. Nature does a much better job of managing things than we do, our management usually screws it up thoroughly.

Maybe we can reintroduce dinosaurs next...
Your thought reminds me of the wolf I saw in the Imnaha Unit a couple of years ago. It was about 80 degrees during the first week of bow season and that wolf looked completely out of place. I thought to myself - "A Bengal tiger would look about as at home."

I'm fine with them reintroducing wolves if they start becoming a problem then we can hunt them just like coyotes. they live by the hard rules of nature and natural selection I feel like they have a right to the animals just like we do and I'm sure we screw their hunts up too. Look at what they did when they re-introduced them to Yellowstone the animals were no longer able to eat all the fresh trees shrubs and grasses all the way down to the ground the wolves kept the animals moving their erosion problem stopped. Nature does a much better job of managing things than we do, our management usually screws it up thoroughly.
By reintroducing wolves isn't that us managing things? If nature was in was controlled wouldn't they just come back by themselves? Your last sentence makes no sense

There were good reasons for killing off the wolves in the past. I'm not convinced that we are wiser than our forefathers.

Being on the receiving end of a predator's attack is no joke.

You hear that at the end? "Call somebody!" while they sit filming the whole thing. Putz's!

To the Nancy's... nature isn't always "pretty", but it is the natural order. Reality too much for you??:s0066:

It wouldn't have been a bad idea to pop the bear, though. Once that ground is blooded, he'll be back, and next time there might be more than deer on the menu.

The deer "might" have been salvagable if they had gotten the bear off quick enough, but if not, who is going to complain about free delivery venison steaks?:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top