JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
and the killing of one wolf, not to mention five, appears to follow a growing pattern of grave concern.

And the 3rd sentence of the article says ' The cause of death is unknown, '

I mean wouldn't you need to know the cause of death first to determine if they were intentionally killed?

Last Edited:

I mean ya kinda have to know the cause of death to determine if they were intentionally killed.

That's what I always say to myself. Bullet holes would pretty much be definitive? But poisoning not so much. I wonder how ranchers like seeing their newborn calves taken, more every year, as the wolf numbers increase?

We outdoorsmen should be glad that sabre tooth tigers didn't once roam Oregon. I'm sure these "Bring the wolves back to historic number" people would think it's okay for humans to be taken from time to time. For the good of the Earth, of course.

I mean wouldn't you need to know the cause of death first to determine if they were intentionally killed?
Yep, that is "defenders of wildlife" organization saying they were killed, not ODFW. Defenders of wildlife r probably trying to hype their organization or their cause.

Last Edited:
Ok so another mystery...
On Feb. 9, a collar on a wolf indicated a mortality signal in the Mt. Harris area in Union County, Oregon State Police Capt. Timothy R. Fox said in an email on Friday afternoon when asked about it by The Associated Press.
Arriving officers found a total of five wolves dead,
SO, I am assuming the 'Friday Afternoon' they were found was last Friday, Mar 19.
So, if this is the case then they laid dead out there 50 days. There wouldn't be much left of them after that amount of time.

If the collar indicated a 'mortality signal' on Feb 9th why didn't they act on this sooner?

Something ain't right about this story.

Horrible news. What will keep all the elk, deer, sheep, cattle herds in check? I always wondered if I would have a hard time telling the difference between a wolf and a big coyote.

The article didn't state they were found last Friday. It said when OSP was contacted in an email last Friday by AP.

Note, I'm not in favor of OPB or wolves.
Just saying...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top