JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've killed close to 1000 of them, if you get in my neck of the woods I can point you in the right area. I've had a few friends that have passed from cancer and didn't get all their buckets lists filled. Sad deal
Wow! I appreciate it. We will be between Elkton and reedsport off of Hwy 38. What neck of the woods are you in? It's very sad. Just trying to make the best of it

The foothills of the cascades, up towards Detroit. I was a goverment trapper for 20 years. I know all of marion, linn and Clackamas county pretty well
Oh okay. I've been up there but never hunted that area. I would be honored to have the opportunity to do what you did for that long that's really cool. Thank you for the insight I appreciate it Tlock!

The foothills of the cascades, up towards Detroit. I was a goverment trapper for 20 years. I know all of marion, linn and Clackamas county pretty well
I knew of a government trapper that grew up in your neck of the woods in Mehama. He worked Lincoln county area. He was a friend of a friend.

My friend told me a story of where he was set up on bait for a bear by his trapper friend. He said he smelled this bad smell while sitting there but didn't see anything. When he told this to his trapper friend afterwards, his response was the bear was right there.

I knew of a government trapper that grew up in your neck of the woods in Mehama. He worked Lincoln county area. He was a friend of a friend.

My friend told me a story of where he was set up on bait for a bear by his trapper friend. He said he smelled this bad smell while sitting there but didn't see anything. When he told this to his trapper friend afterwards, his response was the bear was right there.
Or it was the stinky bait! That would be rod, he's been a trapper for 35 years. Top notch guy, he tought me alot of what I know. I just recently left the agency

1713466776516.png

1713466841917.png

1713466576577.png

Aloha, Mark

How does wind speed effects 270 winchester with 130 grain bullets vs. 308 in 165 or 300 win mag in 180 grains at distances of 200-300 yards. The 270 is going to drift significantly more than the others even the 270 Hornady is moving at about 3000 fps?

How does wind speed effects 270 winchester with 130 grain bullets vs. 308 in 165 or 300 win mag in 180 grains at distances of 200-300 yards. The 270 is going to drift significantly more than the others even the 270 Hornady is moving at about 3000 fps?
It depends on the bullets you're shooting. Inside of 300 yards I'd say shoot what you have most confidence in. Any of those 3 are more than enough gun for bears and wind drift will be within an inch or two of each other

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top