JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
to find out what kind of soil you have you can play with this:

I am now wondering what the difference is between a Victory Garden and a normal vegetable garden?
As a practical matter, not much difference. Victory Garden emphasis was on fast growing, which might've discouraged some from people from growing certain things that took longer.

Propaganda and the dopamine of being a follower/doing your part, even when it is very ineffective.
This. There is a high failure rate among amateur food crop gardeners. But the official cachet inspired more people to participate. Whether there was a material net gain, considering the transportation and distribution of additional seed, supplies, administration. who knows.

I have a friend's wife who grows a lot of veggies and has a well. She provides me food. I provide the promise that I will protect her property the best I can if SHTF comes around. Pretty fair deal and beats where I am at, right in the city surrounded by idiots.

Too nice an area though and will be a target unfortunately. They've done what they can on a superficial basis. Back up gas generator etc. But a big place with too many approach places. Not easily defensible. Meager food and water storage for such a large place. If I have the room I'd have 5x what I have now.

Gov doesn't want people to have access to food and water. Gov will not be there for people and they are not our friend. The 2A would have been long gone by now but divide and conquer is their calling card. Planet of the Apes is not only expected, it is desired.

Last Edited:
By the end of this month, my pantry will be full. Did 20 quarts of tomatoes and about the same for potatoes this weekend plus thirty jars of pizza sauce. Carrots and green beans are all canned. Next weekend will be putting up pears. The Apple trees didn't do much this year but the pear trees are loaded. It's not that hard to grow a garden, just have to find what grows good in your area and plant it. Of course next year when y'all are hungry, they'll be calling it a biden garden.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top