JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some would have you think: We're overwhelmed with anti-gun, dem/commies, therefore we should throw up our hands in surrender...ah, not me.

Nope and thanks for the list - makes it easier to avoid buying from those businesses.

Now, I need a list of pro-gun, anti-commie businesses.

You're not going to have many places to spend your money.

Company.............% of corp. & employees political contributions that went to Democrats

Amazon........................................74%
Ebay.............................................55%
REI.............................................100%
Cabela's........................................56%
Columbia Sportswear......................72%
Frontier Airlines..............................81%
United Airlines................................72%
Alaskan Airlines...............................54%
Heineken beer.................................50%
Barnes & Noble...............................98%
Life Savers candy............................76%
Mars candy.....................................76%
Nestle............................................68%
Hersheys........................................52%
Ghirardelli.....................................100%
See's Candies.................................66%
Chrysler.........................................77%
Eddie Bauer..................................100%
Levi Strauss & Co...........................93%
Target...........................................52%
Apple.............................................95%
Sony..............................................88%
Samsung........................................81%
Microsoft........................................75%
Dell................................................62%
HP..................................................61%
Best Buy.........................................53%
Costco............................................93%
Motel 6............................................65%
Holiday Inn.......................................67%
Progressive Insurance.......................80%
GEICO.............................................61%
LEGO toys.....................................100%
Disney.............................................86%
Netflix.............................................99%
Hulu................................................99%
Showtime........................................82%
HBO...............................................65%
Los Angeles Chargers.....................100%
Oakland Raiders.............................100%
Los Angeles Rams..........................100%
San Francisco 49ers.........................90%
Office Depot....................................82%
Staples...........................................69%
PetSmart........................................65%
Chipotle Mexican Grill........................98%
Starbucks........................................94%
Lyft................................................98%
Uber...............................................91%
US Postal Service.............................86%
Foot Locker.....................................92%
Payless ShoeSource..........................91%
Adidas............................................87%
Timberland......................................82%
PepsiCola........................................63%
Trader Joe's.....................................88%
Whole Foods....................................74%
Turbotax..........................................67%
Sprint..............................................66%
T-Mobile...........................................53%
Colgate.............................................72%

Data from Progressive Shopper

All of those companies gave more money - most way more money - to Democrats than Benchmade did, so if you're going to boycott Benchmade because they and their employees contributed relatively modest amounts to their own congressman and US senators who happen to be Democrats, if you're going to be consistent you should boycott all of the companies listed above as well. Think of how much money you'll save!

How about breaking this down to just what the corporation gives. I would be delusional to think I can work around whete their employees give, and you would be delusional to think that is what I am trying to achieve...

Yes, return your knives to BM or ironically destroy them. Then your phones and computers. Stop using Samsung/Google/Apple products to keep consistent.

Also, I'll buy some these terrible US made anti-everything knives from y'all! So you can profit from this tragedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason I would not follow this action (and I would like to) is I can't afford to just "give" BM my $220 knife, they would need to refund me my money which they probably would not do! Funny thing is, my BM knife is not my favorite edc anymore anyway! I found an even better steel than 154cm as far as staying sharp, the thumb quick open feature, & shape of blade in my current edc, a Kershaw product! Let us know how they treat you OK v0lcom13sn0w?

Spin it however they want. The bottom line is the message OCPD wanted the world to read. Benchmade could have said no.

... and from what I recall seeing on the news, Benchmade said that they are strong supporters of the 2A and woudln't accept the request to destroy guns like this again.

To me, it seems like they acknowledged that they "made a mistake" and want to disassociate from the act and not do it again, as a show of support for gun owners who spoke up. Who knows, it could just be them trying to save face and do damage control, but my impression of the Benchmade guy who spoke on the new, I felt like there was true regret and that they side "with us" and didn't realize the backlash that they'd get from just trying to be helpful to an LE agency that asked for help.

I certainly love sharing my money with any who are pro my rights. For people like BM I would have been happy to remain ignorant of how they felt. That they felt the need to rub my nose in it cost them my money for life.
Me too, certainly on a go forward basis at least! I'm also of the same mind when it comes to businesses openly making a statement outright or even by proxy! I can't see any smart business openly announcing their position on ANY political issue, even promoting a anti-gun candidate. But then again, on the flip side, I would support any business (and do) that takes a positive position on 2A or other Constitutional challenges! There are so many "hotbed" issues separating those who treasure freedom and those who want to take it away from us!

YEP! I will be seeing that it posts to any site I go to. I do not expect this to put them out of the market but there is no way in hell this is going to do anything good for them. Too many other quality knife makers. It's not like they are the only game there is and can give their customers the middle finger and laugh.
Middle finger and laugh? that reminds me of Starbucks on so many conservative issues but being anti-gun is certainly a big one!

The only reason I would not follow this action (and I would like to) is I can't afford to just "give" BM my $220 knife, they would need to refund me my money which they probably would not do! Funny thing is, my BM knife is not my favorite edc anymore anyway! I found an even better steel than 154cm as far as staying sharp, the thumb quick open feature, & shape of blade in my current edc, a Kershaw product! Let us know how they treat you OK v0lcom13sn0w?

I too am certainly not going to toss the BM knives I have in the trash. I just will never buy another. When this first hit I was looking to replace one EDC knife. I had looked hard at a couple of BM since the ones I have are quite old and have held up great. After this hit? No way. Bought another Sog Flash instead. I gift knives and none will be a BM. The ones I have will I am sure outlive me but I will not buy another.

Destroy what you already own?

Of course not.

That'd be a silly thing to do.

Buy BM in the future - no.

I listened to the CEO and another BM rep on a pod-cast.

He rather whined that the state is mostly made up of dem/commie politicians so they have to go along with them to ah, get stuff done for the ah, knife folks - didn't wash.

Cost?? How about they just trade them in at their LGS? Trade them for in store credit or perhaps ask the LGS to take them in exchange for a donation to a charity??

This was a political move by the PD, no doubt about it. They destroyed the guns because they wanted to, not because of a "court order"

Bigbull,

Yeah, I too am disgusted with these mfg's that seemingly want to appeal to pro-gun folk for profit, while supporting anti-gun folk for their rationalized/apologized reasons...

Hypocritical mfg's when found out run like cockroaches when the lights come on...

Lucky for us, there are many pro-gun knife makers to buy from, just not these anti-gun hypocrites.

Too soon?

Benched Maid Morale Patch Presale (Benchmade Gun Disposal)

upload_2019-3-5_12-17-0.png

The PR guy who did the interview on Gun Talk was really unprepared for the show. He knew nothing about BM's donations, or their involvement with the liberal lobbyist group they use either. It was a perfect example of not having your ducks in a row before you do a show like Gun talk.
I thought the host was very nice about sort of helping him, and not beating him up too badly. But he certainly did tell him like it is, and made some great suggestions about what they need to do to correct things. Now just need to see if they actually take his recommendations.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews