JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Only one caliber:

• 9MM

Votes: 88 45.4%
  • 357SIG

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • .40S&W

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • .45ACP

Votes: 56 28.9%
  • .45 SUPER

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • .400 CORBON

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10MM

Votes: 24 12.4%
  • 9x25 DILLON

• .50AE

• .440 CORBON

• Total voters
They seem a bit ungainly and would think that would a real experience to walk around with one tucked in your pants....but they are kind of a cool piece of machinery.

As for me, well, I've always wanted a Smith model 15 / 67, so.......

If you can reload, 10mm, if you can't, 9mm.

10mm is the most versatile seminauto caliber for handguns. Load it light for subs and low recoil or load it hot and hunt deer. Also capacity is not diminished as much as others.

9mm is the best for non reloaders as it is pervasive, cheap, and varied from manufacturers.

You know revolvers are handguns too! Pistols aren't revolvers!

My choice would probably be a .357 revolver in 6." I liked their versatility 30 years ago and still do today, although I have more, and carry pistols. I'll always have a few revolvers around!

If I were to be forced to the OPs parameters, probably the 9mm due to, again, versatility.
Id like to say, .40S&W or .357SIG, cause I like velocity! :D

Last Edited:
personally I prefer 41 mag for field carry;

The 357 mag barks too much for me, while the 10mm isn't all that big a step upward in the terminal ballistics realm; granted having 8-16/whatever is a pleasing upgrade with endless extended magazines being a good thing.....

I'm partial to .455 in a revolver. I just dislike having to eject shells manually.
Most of my favorites are not something I would carry around Willy nilly...
It's like asking if you want something practical or enjoyable.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top