JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remove the amendment? Wasnt this amendment to allow residents to take and bring their rifles in and out of state without it being considered importation? And they want to remove that? F*** that. Psychos. I'll comply with that just like I renew my tabs every year ;)
If that's what the amendment is it makes sense why the commie house majority refused it. They are after civilian disarmament any way they can possibly get it. So if a gun leaves the state and it can't come back in that's what these a-holes would want.

I am not certain, but I thought the only amendment was to allow military families moving to Washington to bring their existing firearms with them. Or perhaps to give 90 days to FFL's to move inventories out of state...
One of the recent Washington Gun Law videos talks about the amendment and the other attempted amendments.

These are all the adopted amendments to the original out of the senate.
If the house is trying to strike all these, and saying traveling to Idaho to shoot with your buddies and then driving home back to Washington with your "assault weapon" is importing, that's a big lol.
After watching Kirk's video maybe it's only the amendment for service member exemption.

ADOPTED AS AMENDED 04/08/2023 5 On page 1, line 7 of the title, after "inheritors;" strike the 6 remainder of the title and insert "reenacting and amending RCW 7 9.41.010; adding new sections to chapter 9.41 RCW; creating a new 8 section; prescribing penalties; and declaring an emergency." EFFECT: Modifies the definition of "import" to exclude situations where an individual possesses an assault weapon when departing and returning to Washington state with the same assault weapon.

ADOPTED 04/08/2023 1 On page 13, line 30, after "nonresidents;" strike "or" 2 On page 13, line 31, after "(d)" insert "The out-of-state sale or 3 transfer of the existing stock of assault weapons owned by a licensed 4 dealer that was acquired prior to January 1, 2023, for the limited 5 period of 90 days after the effective date of this section; or (e)"6 Correct any internal references accordingly.7 EFFECT: Clarifies an existing exception to the bill by allowing firearms dealers to sell or transfer their existing stock of assault weapons that were acquired prior to January 1, 2023, to outside of the state for the limited period of 90 days after the effective date of this section.

ADOPTED 04/08/2023 1 On page 13, line 30, after "nonresidents;" strike "or" 2 On page 14, line 2, after "weapon" insert "; or 3 (e) Any person on active military duty receiving orders to move 4 to Washington state, or military retirees moving to Washington state" EFFECT: Provides exceptions for persons on active military duty receiving orders to move to Washington state, or military retirees moving to Washington state.

ADOPTED 04/08/2023 9 On page 1, line 7 of the title, after "inheritors;" strike the 10 remainder of the title and insert "reenacting and amending RCW 11 9.41.010; adding new sections to chapter 9.41 RCW; creating a new 12 section; prescribing penalties; and declaring an emergency." EFFECT: Modifies the definition of "import" to exclude situations where an individual possesses an assault weapon when departing and returning to Washington state with the same assault weapon.

Last Edited:
Well, if by some miracle this law dies, I hope those California cases turn out in our favor and kill this fascist disarmament plot once and for all.

Hey a fellow can dream, ya know...

The law is unlikely to stay law once passed. As for the timeline on how long it takes to get overturned is anyone's guess. People say that this is more of a publicity-generating stunt for the Dems who supported it - particularly for Ferguson who will run for governor if Inslee doesn't.

More than likely there will be an injunction in the near future, and then beyond that it will be overturned.

My neighbor texted me 1 AM, ready to get their AR builds going…..

Suggested the start shopping for lowers today….
Should be able to find something semi locally. I wouldn't want to have to do that today

The law is unlikely to stay law once passed. As for the timeline on how long it takes to get overturned is anyone's guess. People say that this is more of a publicity-generating stunt for the Dems who supported it - particularly for Ferguson who will run for governor if Inslee doesn't.

More than likely there will be an injunction in the near future, and then beyond that it will be overturned.
You see Inslee willingly quitting as Dicktator-for-Life? Unf we don't have a law like FL that requires you to leave one office before running for the next, so the only thing I see him willingly leaving for is a move to 1600 Penn, in which case God help us all. Short of that, he's not leaving until the Devil comes to collect his due and drags him kicking and screaming...

So Pedo Bob's only path to advancement would be to out some of Inslee the Intolerable's skeletons in the closet... which most of them to D's are things to be celebrated rather than shamed and shunned like rational folks would.

He waited until now to start working on putting together ARs ? Why?
Said they weren't interested and their son has a bunch and would help them (older married couple)….. I'm curious about what happened there.

I just think it's funny but not, that they just decided. I'm more happy for them though. Little anxious too.

I picked up a pistol from a large retailer FFL yesterday….. the young man helping me was in disbelief as well, of the urgency these days. I looked at the shelves and told him that a healthy number of firearms would have to be taken down (for sale) soon enough. He shook his head and said "there's a lot of backlash and the law probably won't pass"…. I didn't argue.

A sad thing that you have to follow the actions against 2A closer than any other news locally reported. The moves against Constitutional rights should be for front in the news.

I just saw after posting….. the delay reported by WSGL….1240. Maybe they have a little more time.

Now if "they" run out of time and no stock available….. do I part with a couple extra lowers? If so….. do I make a grip of $$$ off of the last minute sale? Or do I do the "right" thing and hook'em up? That'll take some praying….

I have a buddy that bought his first gun over the craziness during COVID/BLM riots. Yesterday (with my guidance) he managed to pick up the last couple stripped lowers from a LGS and get a couple parts kits ordered. Talk about just barely squeezing in.

Not everyone has been doing this for years.

Said they weren't interested and their son has a bunch and would help them (older married couple)….. I'm curious about what happened there.

I just think it's funny but not, that they just decided. I'm more happy for them though. Little anxious too.

I picked up a pistol from a large retailer FFL yesterday….. the young man helping me was in disbelief as well, of the urgency these days. I looked at the shelves and told him that a healthy number of firearms would have to be taken down (for sale) soon enough. He shook his head and said "there's a lot of backlash and the law probably won't pass"…. I didn't argue.

A sad thing that you have to follow the actions against 2A closer than any other news locally reported. The moves against Constitutional rights should be for front in the news.

I just saw after posting….. the delay reported by WSGL….1240. Maybe they have a little more time.

Now if "they" run out of time and no stock available….. do I part with a couple extra lowers? If so….. do I make a grip of $$$ off of the last minute sale? Or do I do the "right" thing and hook'em up? That'll take some praying….
I understand the good sentiment you have and it's admirable. A couple things come to mind though. "Poor planning on your part does not make an emergency on my part". Also my experience is that if you have to beg someone to help themselves and then do some of it for them then you are likely undertaking a long term obligation to continue doing things for them. In this case finding more parts, helping them build it, whatever. Also in my experience when you try to help someone that is not capable of understanding why they need to help themselves you are often the one they blame in the future. Fe if something goes wrong, if it causes a family squabble, etc. Something happens and it is somehow your fault. Sometimes being available to answer questions, offer advise, etc. can be the right "golden middle" between ignoring/offering no help and too actively helping. Just some things to think about and feel free to ignore.

Stupid is painful. If you'd been tellng 'em for years ad they were Ostriching by all means exact the penalty, but maybe someone who's been previously unable merits a helping hand.

"Help will be given to those who DESERVE it." Though I'd go for the hookup by exploiting Aero's 25%-off code WA25...

I think the permit system will likely survive (although perhaps not in it's current form -it may be struck down and come back ina different format) but the bans will be struck down Imo. The reason I say that is bans for common use weapons are unconstitutional as affirmed in Heller and Bruen.

Permits though falls closer to what states have been allowed to do by scotus. I don't recall the actual language but I think it relates to the states ability to regulate sales or something like that. However if the system can be shown to be so restrictive as to violate the right (to a class of people Fe) then I can see that going down also. That's why I say it may survive in a revised form (ie more limited application). But it's all guesswork and I'm no lawyer. And even the lawyers can't tell you what's going to happen. The common use test is the most cut and dry part though imo. That should also be in the lead of making it to scotus cuz Benitez should be making his ruling on CA mag and "assault weapon" bans very soon.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads