JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FYI- Update found on Facebook regarding in process background checks entered prior to 1240 signature. Credit goes to @Sporting Systems for sharing this… Thank you for this incredibly useful information!

Video: https://tvw.org/video/senate-floor-debate-april-8-2023041097/?eventID=2023041097

405B07DF-DB0F-4DBC-B8F0-23F4AB7CE2AB.jpeg

Last Edited:
Not if you bought it at Sportsmans Warehouse.
Im hearing mixed things… I'd expect big businesses like Cabelas/Bass pro and sportmans to simp to the government like they always do. But your garage FFL's- I guess it comes down to their discretion. Some are transferring, some are not. Bill's video seemed to bring an opposite view of what was written in that WASP letter and said in the video

To update here, my FFL got my proceed today but is waiting for an injunction before transferring the firearm (I have one in process). So- it really depends on the FFL at this point and if they are willing to put themselves on the line and give the gov/ag the finger. The law clearly bans transfers of firearms- but it looks like most law enforcement agencies are still processing and have been ordered to do so, but the state's very ignorant and poorly written law will prevent the FFL from transferring the rifle to you legally (per state law).

To update here, my FFL got my proceed today but is waiting for an injunction before transferring the firearm (I have one in process). So- it really depends on the FFL at this point and if they are willing to put themselves on the line and give the gov/ag the finger. The law clearly bans transfers of firearms- but it looks like most law enforcement agencies are still processing and have been ordered to do so, but the state's very ignorant and poorly written law will prevent the FFL from transferring the rifle to you legally (per state law).
The law does not "clearly ban the TRANSFERS of firearms".
Most FFL's have prudently interpreted the law's ban on DISTRIBUTION to include transfers.

But here the language is as vague and mysterious as other sections that preclude selling of so-called assault weapon "parts". Only a court can settle this, but we can hope all these ambiguous babies get tossed out with the bubblegum contaminated bath water that is this law.

But here the language is as vague and mysterious as other sections that preclude selling of so-called assault weapon "parts".
The constructive possession aspect of the law could make owning certain combinations of parts a problem, but there is no ban on parts themselves.

That is a hopeful conclusion not shared by all.
HB 1240 Page 5, line 1, lists assault weapon items banned from WA. On that list is "...PARTS, combinations of parts..."
How will Bobby Ferguson interpret that?

I wouldn't count on Midway.

Last year after the mag ban went into effect I tried to order a plastic spacer for my SW M&P extended mag from Midway.
They refused. Got it at Sportsmans.

What someone I know - not me of course - just ordered from Midway suggests something else.

You did not really expect them to make an illegal sale of a magazine, right?

I just got a call from my ffl today. the semi auto 22lr I impulse purchased and got the proceed came with a caviat that he couldn't transfer it because the nics check did not supercede hb1240. So unfortunately that's how the law is written. Kinda ties the hands of the ffl.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews