JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Could happen anytime between now and April 2023 and takes effect immediately. there will be little warning and no grace period.. They will slam it through the first chance they get. Do not wait if you want to buy semi autos.

Myself and others advised OR residents to buy in July 2022, but most waited until Nov/Dec 2022. Had the injunction in Harney County not been added they would have all been SOL. OR had >125,000 transfer background checks in late Nov early Dec.

Also don't forget about the proposed pre-purchase permit system. Any gun you purchase after that system is in place will be part of their official register. That means the mandatory yearly background check that is already law will be applied to you based on ownership of that gun. Also any future laws such as mandatory inspection of the storage facillities in your house (for example, they have this in other countries), ammo restirctions, etc. will all be aimed at you because you are on the enforcement register. Don't wait for this crap. Get ahead of it.

Last Edited:
My main question is, will firearm components be lumped into the AWB too? Ie; uppers? I know traditionally that only the serialized part would be restricted, but you never know how restrictive WA wants to get. Ive been holding off on finishing some builds, and prioritizing lowers, but I'm wondering if I need to just finish some of my tools.

The bill will define many parts as "assault weapons" themselves. It could be thrown out as unconstitutionally vague. But I expect many sellers won't ship any AR or AK parts to Washington if this passes.

Even now Midway won't ship a standard base pad or follower for a S&W 4506 magazine to Washington. It's legal, they just refuse and won't respond to emails about it.

If I have to make a yearly Pilgrimage to another state once a year for parts that would be lame but not impossible I only got 4 more years till my kids graduate and I'm out of this state

I am concerned what this will do to all the ffl's in this state

The bill will define many parts as "assault weapons" themselves. It could be thrown out as unconstitutionally vague. But I expect many sellers won't ship any AR or AK parts to Washington if this passes.

Even now Midway won't ship a standard base pad or follower for a S&W 4506 magazine to Washington. It's legal, they just refuse and won't respond to emails about it.
The way the bill is worded is extremely vague. I would argue the only thing actually being banned are "assault weapons" or a complete pile of parts owned by one person that can be assembled into a "assault weapon".

"A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which an assault weapon can be assembled or from which a firearm can be converted into an assault weapon if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;

Here's the thing. An "assault weapon" cannot be assembled from a threaded barrel you ordered from Primary Arms. You can't assemble an "assault weapon" from that new cool handguard from V Seven. You can't "convert" a bolt action 700 into an "assault weapon" if you buy a pistol grip, upper receiver, and bcg. Under this verbiage, I should also be able to still purchase a serialized lower because I cannot assemble an "assault weapon" if i just have a lower receiver. You need the total sum of compatible parts (or at least a bare minimum) to assemble a functioning firearm, or what they're calling an "assault weapon" with their quite extensive list of criteria.

This next section doesn't ban parts explicitly, it bans centerfire rifles that have one or more of the list of features. Most parts people are concerned about (bolts, triggers etc.) aren't even listed. Threaded barrels and suppressors, flash hiders are listed, but again.. as a feature of an "assault weapon", not the part itself.

5 (iv) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has the capacity to 6 accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following: (long list of every part imaginable)

The only reason they get away with this is because people continue to comply, no one from citizens to FFL to the industry should be complying if they are doing everything Federally Legal..... because state laws do not trump the US Constitution. I hope it makes its way to SCOTUS but it shouldn't need that. They're getting exactly what they want a legal battle to drain tax dollars money

Certain parts will be banned. No forward grips, no pistol grips, and no threaded barrels, and nothing that attaches to a threaded barrel. So you will not even be able to buy hunting rifles with muzzle brakes.

This just means that gun owners need to look out for each other, gun smiths should look out for gun owners and if they want everyone to go in hiding and do it behind closed doors then that's what they're asking for. Yeah banning alcohol worked so well ??? Murder is also illegal btw.... cocain is illegal, jay walking is illegal, shoplifiting is .... nevermind they legalized that one

I find it hilariously hypocritical that earlier this week they passed a bill removing firearm enhancement charges for those committing crimes such as robbery, burglary, assault, etc while just 24 hours later passing HB 1240 for 'public safety'

What Midway is doing might actually be a good thing, by helping set the stage showing how this is a clear violation of the 2nd Amendment.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top