JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Time to pose another interesting question… Ive been "stocking up" to hold me over until I move out of state. But be it that many of these guns are semi automatic- obtaining them can be a process. I recently purchased an AK rifle. It is being shipped from TX and is due here next Thursday. I will fill out my paperwork as soon as it arrives. Hypothetically, my background check is in progress- What happens in theory if HB 1240 is passed through the house, senate, and signed into law by the governor and I havent gotten my gun yet? Is my gun forfeit? Am I out for my money? I would guess so- but would seem pretty messed up if that is the case

Assuming a TRO doesn't get signed by a judge? Possible your rifle ends up in limbo. It depends on a lot of factors, principally how the law is written, when it is signed, and then implemented.

Really depends on who has your transfer and what risk they want to take. The bill says it takes effect immediately without delay and forbids all transfers.

FFLs are already making contingencies, and stating you won't be getting your gun:
What they do with it as an alternative... hold it for you to see if a judge blocks it, send it back to where you bought it for a refund... you should be asking these Qs to whomever your FFL is.

Right now it is a tough spot. I wouldn't start a 4473 until the dust clears. From past previous experience in CA, it was stated very clearly when the rules would take effect after the signing, and so ffl has time to have the mechanism to halt transfer at a finite date. I really believe if our esteemed King signed the decree to ban awb immediately, there is a very strong case lawsuit on behalf of gun owners like the op can sue the state for interfering with interstate commerce. The politicians think it looks cool to ban to immediate effect, but they never think things through. At least CA has decades of slowly boiling the water, the populace just accepts the ever increasing regulations. I really think WA has taken a bite too big and they will get pummeled in court, hopefully by Judge Benitez.

Really depends on who has your transfer and what risk they want to take. The bill says it takes effect immediately without delay and forbids all transfers.

FFLs are already making contingencies, and stating you won't be getting your gun:
What they do with it as an alternative... hold it for you to see if a judge blocks it, send it back to where you bought it for a refund... you should be asking these Qs to whomever your FFL is.
Thanks for posting this. Precise Shooter is a good shop. Understand where they are coming from. Its a shame.

Right now it is a tough spot. I wouldn't start a 4473 until the dust clears. From past previous experience in CA, it was stated very clearly when the rules would take effect after the signing, and so ffl has time to have the mechanism to halt transfer at a finite date. I really believe if our esteemed King signed the decree to ban awb immediately, there is a very strong case lawsuit on behalf of gun owners like the op can sue the state for interfering with interstate commerce. The politicians think it looks cool to ban to immediate effect, but they never think things through. At least CA has decades of slowly boiling the water, the populace just accepts the ever increasing regulations. I really think WA has taken a bite too big and they will get pummeled in court, hopefully by Judge Benitez.
He is not assigned to any of the federal districts in Washington and is not on the 9th Circuit appellate court, so it won't be him.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top