JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1. There is already a thread on this...

2. The NRA did not elect this man, the people did. Just like the current President, he was elected by the people...

I don't think there was an election. The info I saw said he was selected by the NRA board of directors.

Ollie, like a good US Marine, "took the bullet" intended for higher-ups otherwise untouchable, this was certainly obvious at the time.. He has always had my deepest respect for this. He did what was necessary and right at the time, libs be damned! :s0042: Altho I never read him as president of the NRA.. we live in interesting times. May hafta re-up my NRA membership.

The only problem with that is the Iranians and Iraqis worth the killin' were sittin' pretty in palaces raping pretty young women/girls that were snatched off the streets, and feeding people to caged big cats just for their own amusement.... not the parasite infested, malnurished, toothless, illiterates who were in the trenches.o_O

When the Iraqi's stopped fighting the Iranians, they started killing each other and the Americans that took down Saddam. And those illiterates are still at it, in Iraq and Syria.

I have over a decade

Respectfully my dd214 says i was in for over a decade. I just don't support those that break my country's laws and I sure as heck don't like to see them rewarded for it.

JR, service is MUCH appreciated!

One question:

Will you turn in or register your guns and magazines if those laws are passed? What do you think should happen to you should those become "the law"?

What happens when the lawmakers become lawless? During that time in history it was a very convoluted situation that arguably emulated my rhetorical question... those were actually VERY rough times, and it cost many everything they had.

They're three of the people that've defeated democratic initiative after democratic initiative to limit our rights. Without them there woils to have been a sunset clause on the AW ban.

You have to pick a side in this fight and it's clear you aren't on the side of gun rights.

Bullbubblegum. I am not on the side of sellouts, back stabbers, and liars, which is what those three people are. THEY gave the greenlight to go after bump stocks, jack the age of gun ownership to 21, and showed the demons in both parties its,OK to trample gun rights. I side with organizations and individuals who represent ME and actually fight for my rights, not hounding me for cash to line their pockets while they make back room deals to sell out my freedoms. They were not expecting the backlash by NRA members, or law makers to actually push through the laws they proposed, then did an about face and came out against the very regulation they were just promoting. You are just another blind NRA apologist. NRA is about "compromise" - you cannot "compromise" with a party that offers nothing in return, thats called capitulation, not compromise.

The NRA does not push for repealing ineffective laws, it does not endorse the dismantling of the NFA, GCA, or Hughes Amendment. NRA does not want to win the gun rights fight, if they win, the cash flow goes away. LaPierre has made millions from turmoil and fearmongering. The NRA is like congress, bloated, ineffective, and full of enough greedy slime to prevent positive change. With millions of members and hundreds of millions of dollars available, they have the resources to launch a major offensive against anti freedom forces, but they won't. Keep deluding yourself that the NRA as an organization cares about your rights. They just want your money.

LTC Ollie may just call out those who prove to be charlatans within the NRA. He's used to handling snakes, and he's STILL standing after all these years. ;)

I really hope so. North served his country to his detrement, he took the fall for a bungled op to save the Reagan presidency. The tactics used were questionable, objectionable, but far more tame in many ways than our current government is engaged in. And Ollie took the fall fighting for others freedom. General Petreas was brought down by a love affair, Mike Flynn came down for less... CIA is still running guns, blow, and probably human sex slaves. We supplied islamists and drug cartels with guns that were turned against us. Ollie North's escapade is a Boy Scout jamboree compared to the evil crap the US is doing these days, and we can't even say we're supporting freedom in most of it.

If North can oust people like LaPierre, Cox, and Hammer and turn it back into a gun rights organization, instead of a more conservative arm of the Brady bunch, I would become a damn life member. But until those people are out, and NRA starts actually fighting for us and becomes a hardline co compromise force, they won't get my political or financial support.

I'm lifetime NRA . They might not be everything to everyone but they do a reasonably good job behind the scenes . They are never going to be hardline no compromise gun rights fighters. They do what they do and are the most effective pro gun group out there especially considering no other group has even a small fraction of their clout. Plus they make liberals who have never heard of GOA or other gun groups unhappy. Its OK to belong to more than one btw.

The "President" of the NRA is largely a ceremonial position. He's not going to oust the real head of the NRA, LaPierre. I dont think North is the best guy for the job at this volatile time or really at any time.

BS propaganda........we have more contingency plans in file cabinets than you have any idea about. Every imaginable scenario........they get changed and updated from time to time. What you obviously don't remember is how relived we were to get rid of Jimmy Carter and the hostage crisis. The same as getting rid of Obama with Trump. Reagan and his team broke the back of the Soviet Union without firing a shot, just like Trump is in the process of doing in the Korean Peninsula today. Reagan also had to rebuild the military the same as Trump today. We never have world peace without strength and the resolve to use it. As a military person we take an oath to defend the Constitution (from enemies foreign and Domestic) and follow the orders of our superiors. It is a tough job with commander and chief's like Carter or Obama that respect neither the military or the constitution.
so you forget he had ties to Manuel Noriega as well? BS indeed

Govt Policy and Politicians? Helping or not helping certain countries?

Legality and Politics.

As a reminder....might I point out that......
Few of us today, have any "moral dilemma" buying a firearm (or whatever) Made in China or Made in Russia. Or buying whatever, from a "communist country" (i.e. Viet Nam). And, not to mention, the politics of oil.

So then......
Dealing in Guns?*

What's next?

Did Oli North make an inappropriate comment, about Fawn Hall's short skirt?

YOU....decide. Where you want the line to be.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....as a Life Member......I don't recall voting for him to to be the Pres. of the NRA.

*Remind me again....What did OBAMA's ATF/DOJ do with the Mexican Drug Cartels? Somethings, get to be thoroughly investigated. While others, are swept under the carpet. Your political party, matters.:eek:

Last Edited:
IMO we, as a people, are an angry, ungrateful, and vengeful bunch.

another reason not to support the NRA then
or do you forget this?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Oliver North Questioned - Rex 84 Exposed During Iran Contra - YouTube" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Huh?

The only problem with that is the Iranians and Iraqis worth the killin' were sittin' pretty in palaces raping pretty young women/girls that were snatched off the streets, and feeding people to caged big cats just for their own amusement.... not the parasite infested, malnurished, toothless, illiterates who were in the trenches.o_O

Kill them all and let them be sifted as wheat.

yes lets buy guns from the Iranians all while supporting sadam husan who was fighting the Iranians,,, to sell the guns to the contras. lets create and help sustain a war ...

OK then. We bought guns from the IRA, to sell to Barrack Hussein, who was fighting the Michoacans, and we started a war with the Crusaders in 600AD to help sustain ourselves. I get that right did I?

guess you did not comprehend what the video was about or you just did not watch it.

OK then. We bought guns from the IRA, to sell to Barrack Hussein, who was fighting the Michoacans, and we started a war with the Crusaders in 600AD to help sustain ourselves. I get that right did I?
just look at all the third world dictators the government helped get into power or stay in power. again Oliver north ties to Manuel Noriega and the payoffs that Oliver asked for.

guess you did not comprehend what the video was about or you just did not watch it.

just look at all the third world dictators the government helped get into power or stay in power. again Oliver north ties to Manuel Noriega and the payoffs that Oliver asked for.
Noriega was a long time close ally of ours that kept the Cuban communists at bay for years when they were moving into neighboring countries. I spent a lot of time in and operating out of Panama during his regime. When he was shown to be a bad guy he was delt with in a clean direct manner.......by an American president that took decisive action. How can that be a fault of Oliver North? Noriega had parallels to Hitler (Hitler hated the Communists) for the German people. He started as an anti communist military leader that became increasingly insane with power convinced that he was omnipotent and was delt with by a higher power.

Last Edited:
Regardless of what folks think of Lt Col North, I think he's a good choice for this position - we need solid, pro-2A folks that won't shy away from a fight for our rights. My personal opinion on him is that he was the chosen fall guy who took the rap for what other much more powerful people were doing - and he did so under a sense of duty and honor, knowing he would pay a heavy price - and I think he did so for a love of his country. I think he is a true American patriot. Is he completely spotless? No. But then, who of us really are?

The change I'd most like to see at the NRA is to get rid of LaPierre - it's time to lose him and get a strong 2A guy in his place. I would trust North far more than LaPierre. Hopefully in his new 'ceremonial' position, North will still be in a place to do some good for us.

I really hope so. North served his country to his detrement, he took the fall for a bungled op to save the Reagan presidency. The tactics used were questionable, objectionable, but far more tame in many ways than our current government is engaged in. And Ollie took the fall fighting for others freedom. General Petreas was brought down by a love affair, Mike Flynn came down for less... CIA is still running guns, blow, and probably human sex slaves. We supplied islamists and drug cartels with guns that were turned against us. Ollie North's escapade is a Boy Scout jamboree compared to the evil crap the US is doing these days, and we can't even say we're supporting freedom in most of it.

If North can oust people like LaPierre, Cox, and Hammer and turn it back into a gun rights organization, instead of a more conservative arm of the Brady bunch, I would become a damn life member. But until those people are out, and NRA starts actually fighting for us and becomes a hardline co compromise force, they won't get my political or financial support.
Heh heh heh you said: ..."running guns, blow, and probably human sex slaves"... Alrighty then, where do I sign up?:D

IMO we, as a people, are an angry, ungrateful, and vengeful bunch.

Huh?

Kill them all and let them be sifted as wheat.

Actually there is some reason to believe that our Izzi pals were involved too... some of the firearms that went into the area had Israeli fingerprints all over them. Not that that is a bad thing...

What video? What I could not comprehend was all the gibberish on the screen. Didn't click... might be a virus.

Ties to Noriega? He met with a representative once because Manny said he could end the Sandanistas. Since Ollie worked for our government, and our government at the time wanted to stop the spread of communism in Central America, why would he not have an interest in seeing what the old boy had to say?

The world is a messy place.

I am getting a slight impression that you do not like Col. North. But tell me again how North bought weapons from Iran to sell to the Contras... that was a good one. You seem to either have little understanding of who did what, or you are not expressing yourself in a clear manner. Just in case it's the former, I hope this helps: Understanding the Iran-Contra Affairs (BTW, the proper way to do a link)

Last Edited:
Noriega was a long time close ally of ours that kept the Cuban communists at bay for years when they were moving into neighboring countries. I spent a lot of time in and operating out of Panama during his regime. When he was shown to be a bad guy he was delt with in a clean direct manner.......by an American president that took decisive action. How can that be a fault of Oliver North? Noriega had parallels to Hitler (Hitler hated the Communists) for the German people. He started as an anti communist military leader that became increasingly insane with power convinced that he was omnipotent and was delt with by a higher power.

Argo, the lights are on but nobody's home. Reminds me of derangement syndrome. To the point where his points are not clear at all.

But I'm bummed that nobody seems to have understood my satire about who we bought and sold guns to. Oh well, another day I guess.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top