JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He tweets about using AR-15s, about how he couldn't kill his "whole family" without a gun, but he kills one other person (his wife) whom he could have killed with a pillow or his hands or by throwing a toaster in the bathtub, then killed himself with pills or driving a car off a cliff - instead, he fails to kill himself with a gun?

He tweets about using AR-15s, about how he couldn't kill his "whole family" without a gun, but he kills one other person (his wife) whom he could have killed with a pillow or his hands or by throwing a toaster in the bathtub, then killed himself with pills or driving a car off a cliff - instead, he fails to kill himself with a gun?

Yeah -- not so easy to do even with a gun, when biological instinct fights suicide tooth and nail to survive.

Tools do make life easier, just because someone uses them for death doesn't mean that point is any less valid.

If the tool is useful in saving ten lives but a murderer uses them for one does that mean we should all change our minds?

And if someone uses a clawhammer to kill people does that mean we should all use other tools to put nails into walls?

His statement is as stupid and crazy as his actions and should be ignored. Unfortunately a lot of stupid people will probably listen to his idiocy.

This will be used as a example for the WA assult weapon and mag ban in progress.

The guy will probably live , get pardoned and ride shotgun on Gabby Giffords anti American tour.

After all it was the rifles fault :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Obviously, the take away from this is that people who post lefty views on the net should be subject to the ERPOs the love so much.
This clown's views should have had the Ordnungspolizei smashing down the door and trashing the house at least, since that's what they have in mind for us.
Those who post extreme Progressive views should be on a no-buy list for guns.
And no sugary pop either.

Obviously, the take away from this is that people who post lefty views on the net should be subject to the ERPOs the love so much.
This clown's views should have had the Ordnungspolizei smashing down the door and trashing the house at least, since that's what they have in mind for us.
Those who post extreme Progressive views should be on a no-buy list for guns.
And no sugary pop either.

It is a mental disorder

I don't really have an opinion on one more psycho in the queue coming in and doing bad bubblegum. I DO think there's something terribly wrong and harmful with this twitter bubblegum. I dunno, am I the only one that thinks it's creepy that so many people think a bunch of twitter readers give a crap about their opinions and musings? Or people that glue themselves to twitter to read complete strangers opinions every day doesn't make THEM kind of weird and creepy? o_O o_O For hell sake, you can't strike up a conversation with people on the street because they are so involved within their own minds, they don't hear you, or ignore you. Is it these same people that look and post a bunch on twitter? Sick, sick, sick. :(

I don't really have an opinion on one more psycho in the queue coming in and doing bad bubblegum. I DO think there's something terribly wrong and harmful with this twitter bubblegum. I dunno, am I the only one that thinks it's creepy that so many people think a bunch of twitter readers give a crap about their opinions and musings? Or people that glue themselves to twitter to read complete strangers opinions every day doesn't make THEM kind of weird and creepy? o_O o_O For hell sake, you can't strike up a conversation with people on the street because they are so involved within their own minds, they don't hear you, or ignore you. Is it these same people that look and post a bunch on twitter? Sick, sick, sick. :(

Social media in general promotes narcissistic self centered behavior and thought processes on scale never achieved before.

It's pathetic to see people try and post their whole life for others to see, but that is where we are at.

Social media in general promotes narcissistic self centered behavior and thought processes on scale never achieved before.

It's pathetic to see people try and post their whole life for others to see, but that is where we are at.

I though of that. I'm on social media. I'm hooked on it. I come here everyday. Well, most days. THIS kind of social media is a completely different thing, IMO. A discussion forum is more like a group of people in various rooms having a variety of conversations. Moving from room to room, getting to know about those within the rooms. The crap spewed on twitter is more akin to talking to yourself. We have rules in our forums that prevent nut jobs from coming in and stalking members. I don't think what we have here could be considered in the same vein of that twitter crap I just read in any way, shape or form.

Should people on twitter that behave like that psycho did be watched? Put on a list? It's disturbing.

For hell sake, you can't strike up a conversation with people on the street because they are so involved within their own minds, they don't hear you, or ignore you. Is it these same people that look and post a bunch on twitter? Sick, sick, sick. :(

It is the people who are sick, not the tool that lets them express their sick views - whether that is social media, a book or a megaphone.

Has the liberal, progressive media jumped on the shooters' NRA contact of this yet?

I can see them using this to their advantage.....

No -- I expect this to receive little coverage because people aren't going to think: "NRA's fault." It looks way too contrived and people who aren't die-hard-antis will look at this guy like he's Ted Kazinsky or something. This is worse for the antis than the pro-2A people.

As a side note, it's now more than 24 hours since the twitter posts were noticed and his account is still up and accessible. As I noted above I think his tweets harm antis more than us, but apparently, Twitter feels the opposite.

I though of that. I'm on social media. I'm hooked on it. I come here everyday. Well, most days. THIS kind of social media is a completely different thing, IMO. A discussion forum is more like a group of people in various rooms having a variety of conversations. Moving from room to room, getting to know about those within the rooms. The crap spewed on twitter is more akin to talking to yourself. We have rules in our forums that prevent nut jobs from coming in and stalking members. I don't think what we have here could be considered in the same vein of that twitter crap I just read in any way, shape or form.

Should people on twitter that behave like that psycho did be watched? Put on a list? It's disturbing.

That's the difference between a forum and a platform designed for just spewing words. A forum is designed around discussion, things like twitter, facebook, instagram, etc, they are all designed around giving a voice and platform to people who otherwise wouldn't have one and no one would care about.

That's the difference between a forum and a platform designed for just spewing words. A forum is designed around discussion, things like twitter, facebook, instagram, etc, they are all designed around giving a voice and platform to people who otherwise wouldn't have one and no one would care about.

I would say twitter etc. are designed around advertising/consumer profiling and use psychologically addictive methods to keep people engaged, clicking, and seeing ads. Forums like this were primarily designed around discussion, sort of an outgrowth of usenet or BBS services -- forum advertising was an afterthought. In these newer social media sites, discussion is an afterthought tacked onto a system for ad serving.

Hey was probably one of the Crazy Lunatics that voted for the stupid Washington wait period law. Apparently it didn't work, Thanks Washington. Maybe even more gun laws could have prevented this?

I would say twitter etc. are designed around advertising/consumer profiling and use psychologically addictive methods to keep people engaged, clicking, and seeing ads. Forums like this were primarily designed around discussion, sort of an outgrowth of usenet or BBS services -- forum advertising was an afterthought. In these newer social media sites, discussion is an afterthought tacked onto a system for ad serving.

<iframe src="Eddie Murphy Laughing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="267" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

1577640476149.png

It is the people who are sick, not the tool that lets them express their sick views - whether that is social media, a book or a megaphone.

Sigh. Deep inside I know you're right. Almost every day I find something else to make me feel lucky to be the age I am.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top