JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Happy to hear they are focusing on customer service.

Sorry to disappoint you friend, but other than some letter thats just as worthless as their "lifetime warranty", there is NO indication of any improvement in CS.
Talk is cheap and there has been zero contact from them to me in 6 months.

A year or two ago I bought a Rough Rider .22 revolver (owned by Taurus). After four months and a couple hundred rounds, the barrel came loose. I could have fixed it myself, but it was a brand new gun. Sure, they'll fix it, but I have to spend $50 to ship it to them for the warranty work. I don't know of another manufacturer that wouldn't just send you a paid label, for an obvious defect on a brand new gun. They put on a new barrel, but the fit of the cylinder, and negative cylinder gap (yes, actually negative) was scary. It's embarrassing that anyone would ever let something like that leave their shop, after warranty work!

I've owned a number of different revolvers from S&W, Colt, and Ruger, and most were pre MIM and other cost reduction measures. Some were from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, and I found those to be fantastic in terms of build quality and lock-up of the cylinder when the hammer was cocked. I've looked at a number of modern and even "custom shop" revolvers and found the lock-up to be mediocre in many. I also have a 15 yr old or so Taurus 85 that I bought for travel in my van, and oddly enough the lock-up on it is extremely good. Not sure if I just happened to get a good one, or if that's standard for Taurus, but it is a surprisingly decent little gun for the money. That's my only experience with Taurus, and I'll be honest in saying I don't own any others just because I tend to be a snob about what I own.
The wife has a Taurus 85 that she got before we met. A long time ago. It's a surprisingly good little pistol, and they still make them. That is the exception to the Taurus product line. It's like their "Bread & Butter" gun.

I've owned two firearms from Taurus that turned out to be junk. When I called them they told me I could ship it to them for $50 and it may take 3 months to fix. I vowed never to own another Taurus after that but then I ended up buy a m92 .357 after looking for months for a marlin and it's been a gem of a rifle.So much so I want the 16" m92 44mag version in stainless now.
what a fantastic rifle and I would buy it again at 2-300 less than a marlin.

I do hear certain Firearms Taurus makes are good like the m92, pt92, xm22 and a few others I can't think of.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top