JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The best warranty in the world doesn't help when you need your firearm to work right now. I'll buy from them when they get their initial quality where it needs to be.

^^ This ^^

I have owned two Taurus revolvers.

One had the best trigger in a revolver I have ever owned - on par with or maybe even slightly better my two S&W Performance Center revolvers (hard to know because I sold that revolver so I can't compare it back to back).

The other, jammed in the first 50 rounds - the cylinder/barrel gap was less than 0.001" - way too tight. I like the revolver, but with tolerances that tight, I can't trust it for anything except target shooting, and as a titanium revolver with a 4" barrel, that isn't what it is designed for.

So in my experience, their quality is 50/50 (granted, a sample of two is not a statistically valid population - but there it is, and I am not going to buy more just to prove a point). From what I have read, others have had similar experiences - some products work fine, others do not.

Add on top of that a customer service department that some say sucks - I would just as soon pay more and get quality product that works without need to ask for repairs/etc.

Finally, I have noticed that they seem to have some innovative products, for a year or two, and then those products disappear from their lineup. I have to wonder why? Is it because they don't sell, or is it because the implementation is problematic and they take them off the market? Doesn't engender confidence IMO.

I dont own any Tauruses. And I have certainly heard bad things about their QC and CS. However, they are designing guns for new niches. At least they make revolvers capable of handling the full potential of .44, that is .44 +P loads, which SW does not. The .44 caliber has moved on since SW designed the SW. SW hasnt. At least not in .44.

Cant say I like Taurus naming guns Raging Bull, Raging Hunter, or Raging anything. If I ever have to use a gun in self defense and go before a jury, I would rather do it with a 629 rather than a raging anything. Raging suggests gun and owner are unpredictable and out of control.

If you are going to get one of their .44 mags, and you want to shoot heavy bullet loads, check the cylinder length. When I was shopping for one, the fact that their cylinders were too short to take heavy bullet loads, nixed them for me.

Taurus, inventor of the patented "shake to fire" system, no trigger needed!
A9432919-9802-4CEA-8F3D-78B85AAAD896.jpeg
74311272-B13B-4C60-93C9-C5B1FBC87A76.jpeg

Last Edited:
As so often happens once you get a bad reputation it can take a LONG time to undo that damage. If they really do set up to build their stuff here in the US, and can get the QC, and CS on par with others? Would be great. They will have to be able to show marked improvement for a good long time before they will get many who soured on them to give them another try.

I'll consider buying my 1st Taurus when they become a 100% American Owned & Operated Company, selling only 100% Made In USA Firearms, using only 100% Made In USA Resources and Materials, by Americans.

I generally have stayed away from Taurus. Years ago a guy literally gave me a Taurus large frame revolver in .357 Mag. It was in pieces and he had lost some parts out of the action. I was able to order parts, but they had to come from Brazil, so a six month wait ensued. Some time after that I bought a PT 911 9mm. I wanted extra mags, and the same wait occurred, slow boat from Rio. Good luck finding something as common as magazines in the store for a Taurus pistol. One other thing I have noticed, they are constantly changing pistol designs, and it's rare that you can find a proper fitting holster for any of their handguns.

The PT911 is as good a decoy anchor as I have seen. It shoots abysmally, and magazines tend to drop out during firing. The revolver is another story. Once I repaired it, it shoots well and have never had a bit of issue with it. I see no reason to buy another Taurus product.

They also ruined the name Rossi. Amadeo Rossi made some fine rifle and pistols. Now they are just more taurus junk with a different name.
Back in the 70's my neighbor bought a Rossi .357 Magnum lever action rifle. l bought a Marlin lever in the same caliber. We got together and test fired both. The Rossi held one more round and had a much lighter, smoother trigger as well. l asked him about it last week. He pointed out it was imported by Interarms and labeled Interarms Rossi.

Taurus is in the middle of trying to revamp their brand. Coming out with new guns with new looks (not just cheap copies of other manufacturers designs) and this effort to improve their customer service. It's early in the process for them, but so far I have been impressed by their efforts. I never considered any of their offerings before, but the TX-22 was an interesting new gun and I ended up picking one up at my local retailer for a good price. It is absolutely the all around best .22LR handgun I have ever shot. It's very reliable, surprisingly accurate, has great features out of the box (including a suppressor ready barrel), and the grip just feels like it belongs in your hand. The only malfunction I have observed was when my daughter was limp wrist-ing it while running cheap bulk ammo, which I can't really blame the handgun in that scenario. Time will tell if Taurus has really turned the corner as an overall brand, but its a good start.

Last Edited:
l would like a Governor (S&W 4&W 410) but can't justify it and l'm not willing to gamble on taurus judge. l took a taurus PT111 40 cal semi auto in trade. Took a long to find a taurus fan boy to buy it. l won't take them in trade or sell one either.

Like I said, I have owned 7 different Taurus'. Either I had good luck with them, or I had a bit of bad luck with 1 of them.

The 1 G2c that I bought for my wife as a range toy still works fine, despite the feed ramp having a chip in the ramp.

My daughter doesn't have many rnds through her G3, less than 1K for sure , but no issues.

Seems like the CS is getting worse. Its 1 thing to take 4-6 months for repair, but months just to get RO? They are inovative when they can add another layer to the problem.

I just got an email from Taurus which was a letter from the president of Taurus.

[/URL]
I purchased a Taurus 709 some time ago... I took it to the range and was shocked to find I could not hit the target. I sent it back in for a check. They sent it back with a target and said I was aiming wrong. I took it back to the range and the same thing. I sent it back again and this time another so called repair dept. sent it back with the same target and given a totally different instructions on how to aim. I took it to a gunsmith friend of mine who told the the triggering sytem was terrible. I traded it off and like many shooters on here I will never buy another taurus. This letter mentioned 4 - 6 month turn around on repairs. Perhaps this new president needs to look at manufacturing quality. I have owned firearms that have never been in for repairs. My qualifications ??? I am a genuine old guy and have owned many firearms in my life.
By no means an expert but experienced.

^^ This ^^

I have owned two Taurus revolvers.

One had the best trigger in a revolver I have ever owned - on par with or maybe even slightly better my two S&W Performance Center revolvers (hard to know because I sold that revolver so I can't compare it back to back).

The other, jammed in the first 50 rounds - the cylinder/barrel gap was less than 0.001" - way too tight. I like the revolver, but with tolerances that tight, I can't trust it for anything except target shooting, and as a titanium revolver with a 4" barrel, that isn't what it is designed for.

So in my experience, their quality is 50/50 (granted, a sample of two is not a statistically valid population - but there it is, and I am not going to buy more just to prove a point). From what I have read, others have had similar experiences - some products work fine, others do not.

Add on top of that a customer service department that some say sucks - I would just as soon pay more and get quality product that works without need to ask for repairs/etc.

Finally, I have noticed that they seem to have some innovative products, for a year or two, and then those products disappear from their lineup. I have to wonder why? Is it because they don't sell, or is it because the implementation is problematic and they take them off the market? Doesn't engender confidence IMO.
Easy fix. If you give me the specifications, I may take it off your hands.:D

I sent in a .22 revolver for warranty work. They did fix it, but I had to pay $50 for shipping.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top