JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i knew Ollie in the old Central America Reagan days and always found him to be a straightforward honest working class guy. He worked very hard and was easy to talk to. He came to prominence via a paper he wrote while in War Collage and is a bright guy. I know the post is mostly ceremonial and the hard work is done by the staff that had been deeply involved for decades but it will be good to see him at the top of the organization.

Last Edited:
I knew Capt North when he was the OIC @ NTA (Northern Traing Area, Okinawa now called Camp Gonzales Jungle School... Circa 1972 iirc...:D:eek:

He was doing what he was ordered to do and ended up taking the fall because Politicians throw Uniformed Military to the wolves to protect themselves...

A convicted felon leading the NRA. I know he was later released of those charges in 1990. That doesn't change the fact he was running guns to south America without congressional approval. I question this move by the NRA.

He was doing what he was ordered to do and ended up taking the fall because Politicians throw Uniformed Military to the wolves to protect themselves...
He did pretty well.........made congress look like the dummies they are and gained huge public support. They made a mistake messing with that Marine.

A convicted felon leading the NRA. I know he was later released of those charges in 1990. That doesn't change the fact he was running guns to south America without congressional approval. I question this move by the NRA.
G Gorden Liddy once said of his prison time........there were some people that had to be there, then there were volunteers.......he thought the Volunteers (guards and the like) were worse. I am sure he was in a comfortable white collar prison with plenty of protection........but what kind of a person would voluntarily work in a prison.

Well as long as he is not for "sensible gun restrictions," and blames movies/video games for the few crazies out there then he is okay in my book. Time will tell.

My Mother In Law... She has remarked several times she wished she had never quit. Enough said... :eek:
Not quite sure how to interpret that.......I have heard guys speak of there mother in law's as "the Warden"........... you are right, probably enough said.

You can't make this up. We're busy trying to make firearms more mainstream and enjoyable by the masses, and the NRA makes a 74 year old convicted felon their president.

Lt. Col. Oliver North to become NRA president, organization says

Ollie illegally sold weapons to the Iranians.
Ollie diverted the proceeds of said sales to drug smugglers in Central America.
Ollie was indicted for 16 felonies and convicted of 3.

You could stack up all of Ollie's lifetime achievements and he should still have been disqualified for the three facts above. The NRA voters are brain dead if this was their best choice. Once again, celebrity wins over substance.

Last Edited:
1. There is already a thread on this...

2. The NRA did not elect this man, the people did. Just like the current President, he was elected by the people...

I'd rather see Ollie North than a lot of other options. Shame the power rests with lying, two faced scum like Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox. Also a shame Marion Hammer somehow still holds any power. They are the unholy trinity that controls the NRA swamp.

I believe that everyone has the right to keep and bare arms, not just Americans. Good for Ollie supplying those Contra's with their God given right.

Can't you tell? The NRA is trying to broaden their appeal. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads