JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what the pig is for, so you don't have to ruin the bathtub.
th?id=OIP.U3xVS40oHtVNwJOvAOMy5wAAAA&w=214&h=117&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.jpg

Omg funny. Aren't beans super cheap anyway? I'd just toss stuff like that into my garden bed.
I may end up doing just that. But I'd rather not if there is a practical way of restoring palatability. Food value is supposed to be OK.

Guess I should have sealed them in Mylar, with oxygen absorbers, but at the time I wasn't that familiar with long term storage methods.

How to Seal a Mylar Bag in a 5-gallon bucket

Try putting in water (well above bean level) bring to a boil turn off heat and let them sit overnight. Drain and then try cooking regularly. If that doesn't work make up a bunch of these for the craft fairs.

1240339_604916999551357_268517325_n.jpg

Get a pressure cooker.

I think my wife paid $100 for the digital instant pot she bought and I use it 4-5 times a week.

Makes anything you can make in a slow cooker over 8 hours in under 45 min.

I've heard baking soda helps keep your gas down after eating them.
^This. For $35-$40 on Amazon they are great for beans, as well as pork that will come out tender, etc. Get stainless, not aluminum.

I've seen these before, my grannie warned about them, & my great uncle lectured extensively about them.

Do not mistake them for edible legumes. They have morphed into something else.

They are NOT what you think they are.

They are has-beans.....:cool:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top