JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's what the pig is for, so you don't have to ruin the bathtub.
th?id=OIP.U3xVS40oHtVNwJOvAOMy5wAAAA&w=214&h=117&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.jpg

Omg funny. Aren't beans super cheap anyway? I'd just toss stuff like that into my garden bed.
I may end up doing just that. But I'd rather not if there is a practical way of restoring palatability. Food value is supposed to be OK.

Guess I should have sealed them in Mylar, with oxygen absorbers, but at the time I wasn't that familiar with long term storage methods.

How to Seal a Mylar Bag in a 5-gallon bucket

Try putting in water (well above bean level) bring to a boil turn off heat and let them sit overnight. Drain and then try cooking regularly. If that doesn't work make up a bunch of these for the craft fairs.

1240339_604916999551357_268517325_n.jpg

Get a pressure cooker.

I think my wife paid $100 for the digital instant pot she bought and I use it 4-5 times a week.

Makes anything you can make in a slow cooker over 8 hours in under 45 min.

I've heard baking soda helps keep your gas down after eating them.
^This. For $35-$40 on Amazon they are great for beans, as well as pork that will come out tender, etc. Get stainless, not aluminum.

I've seen these before, my grannie warned about them, & my great uncle lectured extensively about them.

Do not mistake them for edible legumes. They have morphed into something else.

They are NOT what you think they are.

They are has-beans.....:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews