JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to buy bulk grains, beans etc locally within an hour or so of Clark County

I pickup corn, etc at the feed store for the animals... but looking for something similar for human consumption... a people feed store

Somewhere I could pickup 50# bags, etc at a reasonable price Anywhere from Cowlitz to Clackamas County

There's an LDS Cannery in SE Portland, easy to use and really good prices for this very thing. You do NOT have to be a member to use them, at least when I was there last summer. Latter Day Saints (Mormons) run it. it all goes into #10 cans with oxygen absorbers and most everything is rated good for 30 years. I used them when I lived here before and in my move back from Denver I gave what I had away rather than move it back here. Opened some cans and it was all still good after 15 years...so some real world info for you. hope it helps!

As far as I remember you pay a delivery fee
Nope.
I get a truck roll up at a nearby private residence drop once a month. Driver uses liftgate to drop to the driveway - electric pallet jack.
I get to meet various like minded neighbors, unload/sort the pallets of grain/meat/beans and tons of dried and even fresh food for that drop. Then I gather up my order — no charge. Smiling is optional.

The grains and dried and canned has been so good I continue to use the service. I especially like the 50# organic wheat, dried figs apricots , nuts and jars of kraut.

Last Edited:
Looking to buy bulk grains, beans etc locally within an hour or so of Clark County

I pickup corn, etc at the feed store for the animals... but looking for something similar for human consumption... a people feed store

Somewhere I could pickup 50# bags, etc at a reasonable price Anywhere from Cowlitz to Clackamas County
Winco, they will order it for you if they don't have it in store.

Bobs Red Mill.

Chef Store \ US foods.
Bobs has gone down hill. For many decades we bought all our spices there, and since they were in bulk we could get just what we needed.
Gone, no more spices.
Bobs own labeled bread flour and all purpose flour and such cost less at Winco than at Bobs too, so no longer make the travel to the source.... really miss the spices, we use a quite a bit and no longer find all spices in one stop shopping having to look around for the more oddball stuff and pay for all that packaging.

One of my daily chores as a kid was feeding the calves on our ranch. They loved rolled oats with molasses. I loved it too. Picking out globs of molasses-encruusted oats was a treat.

If the livestock can eat it, so can you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top