JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stripped of all the BS it still sounds like the guy embezzled $3000 to buy his friend a gun.

Those were my thoughts, too. He has some more explaining to do.

One article on this said the church funds used were 'discretionary', as if by way of dissembling any question of misuse of funds away, but I'll bet you the fiscal bylaws of the church have some proscriptions on using their monies for certain things, and guns and expensive gifts to others are probably a couple of activities on the list.

Those were my thoughts, too. He has some more explaining to do.

One article on this said the church funds used were 'discretionary', as if by way of dissembling any question of misuse of funds away, but I'll bet you the fiscal bylaws of the church have some proscriptions on using their monies for certain things, and guns and expensive gifts to others are probably a couple of activities on the list.

Yep, and his "political proclivities" aside, this move could/should garner him more legal trouble. Watch where this bubblegum gets him with at least a few of his "flock". I'd be willing to gamble that not everyone is pleased with his use of "discretionary funds".

Last Edited:
"On Wednesday he's planning to meet with artists to go over what they want to do with the gun"

Wouldnt this be destruction of evidence? a Felony...

Now is the time for s Second Amendment Attorney (NRA, GOA) to go in a sue the State's Attorney General's Office for the lack of enforcement. Either that, or dismantle this unenforceable statute. (Preferably the latter).

Why not? The bill was passed and signed into law. Either every citizen of the state is subject to the law, or there is one set of laws for us and another set of laws for them.

If they refuse to enforce the law, then demand it's repeal, but don't sit back and wait to see who may or not be prosecuted for the next such event. You know they can let this guy pass and then nail the next redneck from Pendleton, and it looks like that's what they're going to do. Put the ball in their court, either enforce it or repeal it.

Why not? The bill was passed and signed into law. Either every citizen of the state is subject to the law, or there is one set of laws for us and another set of laws for them.

If they refuse to enforce the law, then demand it's repeal, but don't sit back and wait to see who may or not be prosecuted for the next such event. You know they can let this guy pass and then nail the next redneck from Pendleton, and it looks like that's what they're going to do. Put the ball in their court, either enforce it or repeal it.

There you have it!

"Anything that furthers the conversation about our gun laws in the state of Oregon, I'm happy that that would happen."

Presumably, the pastor means, short of spending a year in prison. o_O

He isn't above the law and should be prosecuted. None of us here would be given a pass and neither should he.

Sadly, this is not how the world works. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Say, is this the first SB941 prosecution? What a hoot! :)

I wouldnt say it was about registration. Thats a nice side benefit for the drafters of the legislation though. I would say it was about traceability. The secondary market has always been a thorn in the side of law enforcement. Cant trace a gun once it gets into the secondary market.

After ten pages I'm thinking ...
Homer20drooling.jpg

If anything actually happens, one way or the other, could someone start a new thread about it?

Presumably, the pastor means, short of spending a year in prison. o_O

Sadly, this is not how the world works. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

Say, is this the first SB941 prosecution? What a hoot! :)

All you have to do is say hilidabeast to prove your point.

i dont buy it. The people in charge of Oregon could give a rats behind about a Christian minister going to jail on firearms charges. it wont advance our cause one bit. If anything theyll say "look. wer'e serious about this and will send anyone and everyone we catch breaking the law to jail."

Should we all applaud the use of SB941 in this case because it could be applied to someone with whom we disagree?

SB941 is bullbubblegum shoved down our throats by Phloyd the moron under an emergency clause. We all know how it went down and we shouldn't be happy when we see it used against someone because we don't like their stance.

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly." - Abraham Lincoln

i dont buy it. The people in charge of Oregon could give a rats behind about a Christian minister going to jail on firearms charges. it wont advance our cause one bit. If anything theyll say "look. wer'e serious about this and will send anyone and everyone we catch breaking the law to jail."
Considering how he is labeling gun owners in his repeated public appearances and interviews, relishing in his personal fame, I'm totally fine with him sitting in prison. If his own religious faith is actually correct he will have some explaining to do when Saint Peter asks him why he decided to make himself more important than spreading the gospel. This story is not about gun rights, it's about one con-man trying to make himself famous.

it wont advance our cause one bit. If anything theyll say "look. wer'e serious about this and will send anyone and everyone we catch breaking the law to jail."

I'm with the prosecution. It definitely will advance our cause.

The antis are not identical. Some will think the way you imagine they will. Others will look at this as a failure of law - it was not their intent to throw people on their side in jail. The vast majority will sway with the wind as always, but any who are aware of this certainly won't admire the idea of throwing that guy in jail. Anyway the law passed not because of pressure from the muddled middle, but from gun prohibitionist pressure.

Finally, what we think about it has nothing to do with what happens in this case. We are just spectators in this drama.

Laws are changed either by being generally ignored, or by being regurgitated by a furious public, or both.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top