JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This story just keeps getting better. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...32a5fa-bd2e-11e9-9b73-fd3c65ef8f9c_story.html

Kollie and Betts were friends who had repeatedly done "hard drugs" together, P. Andrew Gragan, an FBI special agent, wrote in an affidavit included in the complaint.
Kollie told FBI agents that he bought the body armor, equipment for the gun and a 100-round double-drum magazine that Betts later used during the massacre, Gragan wrote. He bought those items and stored them in his house "to assist Betts in hiding them from Betts' parents," Gragan wrote.
Kollie also told the FBI that about 10 weeks before the shooting, he was in his apartment, watching and helping Betts assemble the weapon later used in the shooting. Weeks later, Betts retrieved the gun, magazine and body armor, Gragan wrote.
Betts's family members have said they were "shocked and devastated" by the shooting and pledged to cooperate with law enforcement.

The complaint also quotes Kollie as acknowledging both drug use and lying about it on a federal form to be able to purchase a gun.
Federal agents interviewed Kollie on the day of the shooting, when he told them that he bought the body armor and a firearm accessory for Betts earlier in the year, Gragan wrote. The agents smelled marijuana, saw devices for smoking marijuana and learned that Kollie possessed two guns, Gragan wrote.
Four days later, the FBI interviewed him again, asking about Betts and their drug use together, which occurred "four to five times a week during 2014 to 2015," Gragan wrote. Kollie also told agents that he has smoked marijuana every day for a decade, Gragan said.
That same day, Gragan added, FBI agents conducting a search warrant asked Kollie if he had anything on him; he had a bag of marijuana and a revolver. Kollie also told agents that he grew and used psychedelic mushrooms, Gragan wrote.

The Prosecutor finds out You helped what is now being called a mass murderer and he/she is going to order the Police to have a VERY Close look at what you ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner from the day you were born!!! I'm just wondering why he hasn't been charged as an Accessory???

and if you are Bob Mueller

1.) ahhh can your repeat the question
2.) ahhh what page was that on? (sir that was not part of the report, it was my question)
3.) ahhh thats not my purview

Lying on the 4473...yep should be charged....

What happens after he gave the gun to the shooter...maybe...

I say maybe 'cause it all depends on if one can prove that Kollie knew that the shooter would go out and harm others....

If I sell a car and the new owner runs someone over...am I to be held responsible...?
If I sell / give a gun to someone and they shoot someone...again am I to be held responsible...?
I did no harm to others in the above...so I say no....

Unless I can see that the person is a danger to others , or hear him , make statements that are threatening etc... and still sell or give those items to him....then in that case ...I still say maybe...
It all depends on the case at hand....and only by looking at all the variables in the case or context , will I say more...

One can only be responsible for one's one action...to be held accountable for the actions of others , is not something that I am interested in.
Andy

My brother has been a heavy pot smoker most all his life including addictions to various other drugs. He has bought firearms many times by lying on the 4473.
I bet it makes you cringe a little when he does that. It is hard to watch someone close do things you might think are harmful to them. You are nearly powerless to help.

How many on here have to keep parts and guns away from their spouses because their spouses or partners didn't want them to buy more?

"Lie to no one. If they are important, you're gonna ruin it with a lie. And if they're a stranger, who the @#$^&! are they, that you have to lie to them." Willie Nelson to James Caan in Theif.

Well I hope they finally give these people what their due.

How many times do we see straw buyers or the like getting away with jack squat for jail time, or just probation, while they cry for more laws.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews