JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No Charges

upload_2016-9-15_12-40-43.png

https://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2016-09/1002/97737/OSP_Report.pdf

https://www.flashalertnewswire.net/images/news/2016-09/1002/97737/Clackamas_County_DA_Letter.pdf

This law has set a precedent that nobody will be prosecuted if they disobey this law so hey Oregon, have at it I know I would if it was law up here. Just tell them you bought it to save people to get those EBR'S off the streets!!!!

Last Edited:
This law has set a precedent that nobody will be prosecuted if they disobey this law so hey Oregon, have at it I know I would if it was law up here. Just tell theme you bought it to save people to get those EBR'S off the streets!!!!

Yep, time for EVERY GUN OWNER IN OREGON to start flooding the office of every state rep and senator and tell them that SB941 is meaningless and unenforceable. And that they need to immediately rescind said law since they have no plans to actually enforce it. Link to that very story and ask them why he gets a pass on a clear violation of the law. And, if anyone EVER gets arrested under SB941, find an attorney that will ram this case right up the prosecution's backside and take it all the way to the state supreme court since a precedent has just been set that SB941 is unenforceable.

So basically you can violate SB941 now and not worry about being prosecuted, as they've just set the precedent. Just keep your mouth shut...

Agree with @etrain16, time to start flooding those who represent us with demands to repeal SB941 as unenforceable based upon this case and the states position...

Hell, any first year law student will offer the State Police response to an patently obvious flouting of the law, and the case will, more than likely, be summarily dismissed.

After all, the precedent-setting case was a flagrant violation with plenty of visibility in the mainstream press to reinforce this position.

Set, Point and match!

I highly encourage you to read the documentation on the links posted above. Very sad to see someone, in this case a pastor, can clearly break the law, even admitting it in public, and have nothing done about it.

I would have thought the lack of cooperation would have been considered to be an obstruction of justice in the very least... Perhaps if that were you or me it would be...

But the precedent has been set and it'll be nearly impossible for the state to ever prosecute anyone under SB941, thanks to this investigation and lack of charges...

A gift before the election!

Reading the statement from OSP, the fact that he is not being charged comes down to one thing - they had no actual proof that the transfer took place between the pastor and the parishioner. What that means is that for anyone to be charged under SB941, someone other than the parties involved would have to physically witness the transfer and be able to provide some actual proof that it happened. Clearly 2nd hand accounts and even the transferror's own words (the pastor himself said/admitted he delivered the rifle to someone else) are not enough evidence to go after someone.

So I guess it's now okay in Oregon to do a private transfer, SB941 be damned, so long as no one actually witnesses you doing it. Sounds about right to me.

Big surprise that an anti-gun state like Oregon would pass such a B.S. law and the first person caught under it, who should have been prosecuted, but is on the side of the anti's, is let off the hook. This is clearly partisan protection of a favored person/ideology. The folks in Salem have some explaining to do.

"Being someone who has just come into possession of an AR-15 and it being a very public possession, I have to tell you I don't think it's anyone's business where this gun is," Lucas told KATU News after winning the AR-15. "If the Oregon State Police or whatever investigative body wants to ask me about it, I'm happy to tell them."

LOL (but not really).

You guys are crazy!!! Heck no don't prosecute him. We have had that stupid law for two years now. Not one case has gone to court. LEO's do not want to enforce it. You guys sound like the dumb pukes who wrote ATF over the Sig Brace to the point that they said heck no you cannot shoulder the thing. Wake up MORONS, you are just as dumb as the Democrats that want to take your guns. Wow I don't believe what I am reading here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top