JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a new slide with an optic cut. Its order page only said "RMR slide cut" so I assumed it would fit Trijicon RMRs (what Id like to put on it eventually).
It arrived today and inspecting the slide I found there are no forward recoil lugs.

Will this still work with Trijicon RMRs? What kind of optic will fit this cut?

1715134001938.jpeg

The heightened screw slots are supposed to act as your recoil bosses.. as well as increasing thread hold. How well/tightly they fit though is the question. If the cut itself is a nice tight fit, and all the forces are being evenly applied to the sight plate, then "theoretically" the bosses are not "required".

Personally though.... unless it's a custom job cut precisely to fit my sight... I want the bosses. Even with the heightened screw mounts it's still putting recoil on the screws themselves and I only want the screws acting as hold down... all recoil getting eaten by the bosses... but that's just me.

The heightened screw slots are supposed to act as your recoil bosses.. as well as increasing thread hold.
I get it now.... I figured it wasnt a deal breaker but I agree I like the normal recoil bosses.
That said, I also like the extra thread or two on the mounting screws, especially for the thread thats over the extractor hole.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews