JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great points.:)

I would also add that an org like OFA should offer their legal expertise in his defense. Before condemning, hear me out...

If a Pro2A org assists in the defense of what is a terribly written law, how do any of us lose? By assisting, we show compassion towards those who do not share our values. Win.

Personally, I can't argue with your logic.

It needs to go to a trial, instead of a Prosecutor dropping the charges or some trivial plea down, otherwise there is no real precedent established until there is a ruling by a Judge, as far as I know.

As an aside, just how do we know the Pastor didn't purchase the tickets to obtain the rifle for his friend, using church funds to do it? The Pastor could have taken ten minutes with a hacksaw, sledge hammer, or a torch and destroyed the rifle like he said he wanted to do, but he didn't do that. Could have even got some handier buddies over to do that for him, on camera, then put it on YouTube, but he didn't do that, either. Instead, he delivered it to someone else. Maybe I'm smelling a rat where there are no rodents, but the story just doesn't add up to me. No part of it sounds honest, from the money to the disposition to the story.

It needs to go to a trial, instead of a Prosecutor dropping the charges or some trivial plea down, otherwise there is no real precedent established until there is a ruling by a Judge, as far as I know.

As an aside, just how do we know the Pastor didn't purchase the tickets to obtain the rifle for his friend, using church funds to do it? The Pastor could have taken ten minutes with a hacksaw, sledge hammer, or a torch and destroyed the rifle like he said he wanted to do, but he didn't do that. Could have even got some handier buddies over to do that for him, on camera, then put it on YouTube, but he didn't do that, either. Instead, he delivered it to someone else. Maybe I'm smelling a rat where there are no rodents, but the story just doesn't add up to me. No part of it sounds honest, from the money to the disposition to the story.

No, this is just a case of a self-righteous, sanctimonious jerk that wanted to make a name for himself. Well, now he has! This needs to be dragged through the courts to illustrate the absurdity of the law.

As you stated, it needs to go to trial to set a precedent. Once this has been accomplished, it will illustrate how little clothing the Emperor (or Empress, as the case may be) is wearing.

A real "dog and pony show", paraded through the media is what is needed. Without the exposure, the public will ignore it.

The Pastor would have to be charged with breaking the law first, which he won't be. The DA will simply decline to prosecute.

If he does, it establishes the first precedent that people can avoid being charged under the law. Failing to prosecute will simply take the teeth out of SB941 as any person charged under it will likely turn to this case as a reason to just be left alone.

A real "dog and pony show", paraded through the media is what is needed. Without the exposure, the public will ignore it.

I think a lot less in the media about guns would be good for us. Let the morons settle down. Anything that does get the press, the media pour fuel on the fire to increase their own bottle line. There is never any good when you get in bed with the media.

Yeah, the prosecutor has discretion on if he wants to press charges. If he doesnt that doesnt set any precedent.

Not a legal precedent, but certainly something that a lawyer worth his salt could jump on. No doubt they would want reasoning behind the prosecutor's decision, such as 'intent', which is what I would guess they would cite as a reason not to prosecute. Either way, choosing to ignore what he did becomes fodder for a lawyer to use.

In fact, Tammy Fae-Baker had abused drugs earlier in her life. This resulted in a profound wrinkling of her countenance. This was the reason that he used so much makeup.

By the way, she was incarcerated for a short period, when her left eyelash fell off and killed a four-year-old child. :p :eek: :p:rolleyes:

I think it's an opportunity to show the general public that may not be as up to speed on 2nd amendment rights just how bubblegumed up SB941 is, and start a 'common sense and reasonable' discussion to repeal or 'fix' it.

I think it's an opportunity to show the general public that may not be as up to speed on 2nd amendment rights just how bubblegumed up SB941 is, and start a 'common sense and reasonable' discussion to repeal or 'fix' it.

In a sane world, that would be correct, but with the media firmly in the antigun camp, the public will never see a common sense or reasonable discussion of the law. The state will just exercise it's discretion and let the Pastor walk, and the law will await the first redneck to get caught, then drop the sword of justice on his neck.

Even a public outcry by the public over the Pastor breaking the law would just result in a minimal sentence and fine, he's one of the good guys, you know, a so-called progressive working for a progressive world. An Untoucheable.

In a sane world, that would be correct, but with the media firmly in the antigun camp, the public will never see a common sense or reasonable discussion of the law. The state will just exercise it's discretion and let the Pastor walk, and the law will await the first redneck to get caught, then drop the sword of justice on his neck.

Even a public outcry by the public over the Pastor breaking the law would just result in a minimal sentence and fine, he's one of the good guys, you know, a so-called progressive working for a progressive world. An Untoucheable.

This will, however, open a "chink" in the law's armor. Any attorney that just passed the bar will use this to challenge the law and possibly reduce it to a simple violation, or gain a complete dismissal of the case.

After that, the law can be challenged on it's merits. It can be dragged all the way to the State Supreme Court and beaten to death.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews