JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As long as you don't tattle on yourself even the dumbest of the dumb public defender should be able to clear your name. But, you also can't take a plea, must be willing to sit in jail for 2ish years, and be completely invested in your own innocence. YMMV

Should I waive my right to a speedy trial?

The "2ish years" comes from the waiver of your right to a speedy trial that apparently every defense attorney wants you to agree to. If you don't, I believe it puts the state on a very tight timeline- like a couple of months tight.

If you have a simple defense, I can't see any benefit to waiving it- you don't need much time to prepare, and it forces the gov to make you a top priority or go forward with a crappy case.

I read a story about guys in NY jail for crap like shoplifting who didn't make bail and have already spent more time there than the maximum possible sentence while waiting for their trial. Made me wonder just how useless their attorney was.

So I guess this seals the deal on the 4473 with that little box.

Lie about using and your gonna be in trouble if they press the issue.

My brother has been a heavy pot smoker most all his life including addictions to various other drugs. He has bought firearms many times by lying on the 4473.
The form is one part. You stil have to pass the actual background check. If you have a criminal record it is supposed to show up. If you have never been charged with a drug crime, you don't do drugs.

The form is one part. You stil have to pass the actual background check. If you have a criminal record it is supposed to show up. If you have never been charged with a drug crime, you don't do drugs.
He's never been charged with anything, and now that MJ is legal in Oregon, his Rockwood rental house grow operation is (apparently) not on anyone's radar.

He's never been charged with anything, and now that MJ is legal in Oregon, his Rockwood rental house grow operation is (apparently) not on anyone's radar.
But it's still a federal crime to use in Oregon and falsify "No" on the form. I don't agree but that's not the issue. This is what we have to deal with as long as we have law makers with no courage. The people who yell MJ is not dangerous yell, you can't have it and own a gun. What? Obviously it's rarely enforced. Just when government has egg on their face they have to do "something". This is "something".

Reporting today saying that the shooter had cocaine on him and in his system. It also says:
In addition to the body armor and magazine, Kollie also purchased for Betts an "upper receiver of the AR-15 weapon," according to a criminal complaint.
What a moron.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR