JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0140:

Because all the criminals pay attention to the laws regarding obtaining weapons....

From the ATF's Website:

A person may transfer a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his or her State, provided the transferor does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the transferee is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. There may be State laws that regulate intrastate firearm transactions. A person considering transferring a firearm should contact his or her State Attorney General's Office to inquire about the laws and possible State or local restrictions.

Generally, for a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of State, the firearm must be shipped to a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) within the transferee's State of residence. The transferee may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check.

A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he or she or she does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. Another exception is provided for transfers of firearms to nonresidents to carry out a lawful bequest or acquisition by intestate succession. This exception would authorize the transfer of a firearm to a nonresident who inherits a firearm under the will of a decedent.

A person may transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C 922(a)(5) and 922(d); 27 CFR 478.30, 478.32]

US codes come from laws. You can't change the code without changing the law.

So does this mean I become "in the business" of selling furniture if I sell my couch on Craigslist? Do I then become "in the business" of selling vehicles if I sell my boat and car on the Internet?

This why you have to have a license, place of business and transact a certain amount of guns before you are considered "in the business" of selling guns.

Dumbfudgeknuckle President in Name Only Obumbler should look before he leaps.

Last Edited:
I still think it is a non-issue. The ATF is already willing to smash down your door if you are selling guns for profit if you dont have an FFL whether or not you are not "selling from your personal collection"

I predict it will be just as notable as his last firearm related executive order. Everyone remember what that one did? yeah, Me neither.

Once enough states adopt the laws that WA and OR and other states have,it will become a federal law soon after anyway.
If the laws aren't repealed and kept out of other states it will only be a matter of time

Another bloviation from the nation's leading supplier of hot air in order to enact a solution in search of a problem.

What we have in America, is a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem; not the other way around.

I'm pretty tired of this rhetoric on gun control that the Liberal Demacraps are pushing. The number of gun sales over the last month are pretty good indication of just how well their plan is NOT going to work.

Forcibly removing from office is always an option...

Imagine a couple million well armed militia showing up to clear the Capital and White House????

I have a dream, and it's not
My fathers!!!!
Unfortunately the Dems would have no compunction about slaughtering very one of them. My BIL in Hawaii saw the prez's motorcade go by with a Hummer with a turret mounted weapon. They don't think twice about abortion so killing their own citizens isn't far fetched.

Brutus Out

Two things seem apparent to me:

1) "They" (not just Obama, but anyone in power) want the nationwide BGCs so that all gun transfers are logged somewhere, so that they have de-facto registration (you can bet that just like WA and OR they will require the serial #, make and model). Once they have that registration in place and they let it run for a while (maybe a decade or more) to collect a significant percentage of firearms in possession, then you will eventually see confiscation efforts.

The thing that has stopped confiscation so far is that the vast majority of firearms in private possession are not registered anywhere, so "they" do not know who has what, which makes it hard to hold owners accountable for what they own and who they transferred to in a court of law when the owners plead non-possession (whether they actually transferred them or just put them in a hole they dug somewhere).

2) Obama wants to do this now, before the election, so that the next President (presumably a Democrat, but even if it is a Republican - two heads of the same snake) doesn't have to pay the political capital to get it done, and can just leave it in place, saying it is "reasonable", and that he/she has better things to do even if it only takes a few minutes to revoke it.

Brutus, The real question - Is our government prepared to use weapons of mass destruction against their own people?

And if they are what makes our leadership any different than those that we topples in Iraq or Libya?

Last Edited:
Not sure of mass destruction but I bet this clown would have no issues calling in UN troops to take on the fight
At times I feel really sad for my grandparents and parents that entire generation the gave so much for us to have it PISSED AWAY by those that have gave nothing :(

Is our government prepared to use weapons of mass destruction against their own people?

Two words: Waco, Texas

branch_davidian_compound_with_tanks.jpg

09d2245b19ebb085267e963a3498c4f9.jpg

OB-WL016_howjen_P_20130221133209.jpg

branch_davidian_compound_with_tanks.jpg

09d2245b19ebb085267e963a3498c4f9.jpg

OB-WL016_howjen_P_20130221133209.jpg

then you will eventually see confiscation efforts.
Nope.
Too much red...running in the streets.
They will cut off the parts and components for commercial loading and personal reloading
They will do their best to shut down firearm manufacturing except military.
It will be done by attrition not force. There are WAY too many armed citizens for them to try it.
I don't believe there are enough troops in the world that would really want to come here to try it.
OK the Chinese and the ruskies maybe

Obama to use executive action to tighten gun laws, focus on small-scale sellers

President Obama is set to use his White House powers to tighten gun control next week, including placing more restrictions on gun sellers, according to a new report.

Obama will use executive actions to expand licensing requirements for small-scale sellers, Politico reported.

Such a change would result in more sellers having to conduct background checks but wouldn't completely close the so-called "gun show loophole," which allows for firearm purchases at such venues without a check.

The White House declined a request by Fox News late Thursday to comment on the story.

However, principal deputy press secretary Eric Schultz acknowledged that the president has asked his team to "scrub existing legal authorities" to see whether he can take additional administrative action" and that Obama expects the work to be completed soon.

Schultz also essentially repeated what the White House has previously said about trying to end gun violence in the absence of action on Capitol Hill.

"The president has made clear the most impactful way to address the crisis of gun violence in our country is for Congress to pass some common sense, gun-safety measures," Schultz told Fox News. "The president has made clear he's not satisfied with where we are."

The proposed action follows a recent flurry of gun violence including an allegedly racially-motivated June 2015 incident in which a 21-year-old gunman killed nine people inside the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, in Charleston, S.C., and last month a husband-wife Muslim couple fatally shooting 14 people at a holiday party in San Bernardino, Calif.

The most recent efforts to tighten gun-ownership laws were largely sparked by a 2012 incident in which a gunman killed 20 children and six adults inside Sandy Hook elementary school, in Newtown, Conn.

Politico reports the president is trying to make changes before his presidency ends in January 2017 and before the 2016 White House race further dominates the news and Americans' attention.

The administration is also expected to impose tighter rules for reporting guns that get lost or stolen on their way to a buyer, according to Politico.

Obama also reportedly will tighten the definition of being "engaged in the business" of selling guns.

Existing law states those who sell guns with the "principal objective of livelihood and profit" have to get a dealer's license through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. That means they also have to conduct a background check on buyers no matter where they sell, including online or at a gun show.

Everytown, the pro-gun control group led by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, has reportedly recommended adding to the definition the selling guns in their original packaging and reselling a gun shortly after acquiring it.

Another new, likely requirement is that licensed dealers and manufacturers will have to report to federal authorities guns that are stolen in transit to a buyer.

ATF first proposed the new regulation in August 2014, but the gun industry successfully argued that voluntary reporting program was sufficient.

Nope.
Too much red...running in the streets.
They will cut off the parts and components for commercial loading and personal reloading
They will do their best to shut down firearm manufacturing except military.
It will be done by attrition not force. There are WAY too many armed citizens for them to try it.
I don't believe there are enough troops in the world that would really want to come here to try it.
OK the Chinese and the ruskies maybe
Maybe.

Or it might be something in between or a combination of things.

I don't think they are putting a priority on BGCs as just a political move - they know it is a useless gesture to prevent crime and terrorism. The fact that most if not all BGCs include the serial number and other info on the firearms speaks loudly as to their intentions IMO.

They may try to make an example of isolated gun owners to attempt to coerce others to comply. What amount of success that has is a matter of debate, but I believe that is their intention nonetheless.

Actions speak louder than words.

The other tactics you mentioned may be used prior to a confiscation effort.

One thing I have learned in my six plus decades is not to expect others to think the way I do (much less think rationally) - i.e., if I would think or do something one way, the best assumption is to believe they will do the exact opposite.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top