JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
whats the point of serializing a piece of metal or plastic that can be shipped straight to you anyway? isnt the point of finishing an 80% the ability to give the middle finger to the govt by exercising your rights...the right to keep and bear arms...the right to build your own firearms...the right of the people to keep the govt in check?

until background checks dont include gun serial numbers i still wont believe that there is no national registry.

whats the point of serializing a piece of metal or plastic that can be shipped straight to you anyway? isnt the point of finishing an 80% the ability to give the middle finger to the govt by exercising your rights...the right to keep and bear arms...the right to build your own firearms...the right of the people to keep the govt in check?

until background checks dont include gun serial numbers i still wont believe that there is no national registry.
What about those states where one's CC permit or license exempts the person from a background check?

For me, it's a 50/50... half being the unregistered/non-serialized aspect, the other half being the hobbyist fun of a build project.

What about those states where one's CC permit or license exempts the person from a background check?
sure, and i understand that some states are like that. Oregon used to be...what about CHL being an infringement on your 2A rights? ive heard the argument that the 2A doesnt say anything about concealed carry...and i have to disagree. the 2A guarentees our right to bear arms for 2 reasons...to keep the government in check and self preservation. to me, that means bearing arms any way we wish to.

sure, and i understand that some states are like that. Oregon used to be...what about CHL being an infringement on your 2A rights? ive heard the argument that the 2A doesnt say anything about concealed carry...and i have to disagree. the 2A guarentees our right to bear arms for 2 reasons...to keep the government in check and self preservation. to me, that means bearing arms any way we wish to.
My point was that any " national registry" would necessarily be incomplete because not all FFL transfers involve a background checks. Given that my preference is concealed carry and the fact that I have an Enhanced ID permit, which is not required, and an OR CHL, thanks to a friendly OR sheriff, whether it is a right or privilege makes little practical difference. No debate on why the 2A was added.

My point was that any " national registry" would necessarily be incomplete because not all FFL transfers involve a background checks. Given that my preference is concealed carry and the fact that I have an Enhanced ID permit, which is not required, and an OR CHL, thanks to a friendly OR sheriff, whether it is a right or privilege makes little practical difference. No debate on why the 2A was added.
I love idaho. lol i could retire there.

Man, there is an obsession on gun registries. Here is Hawaii, instead of actually answering the phone at the unemployment office they are working on a bill to require that firearm be registered again when they permanently leave the state. Register when you buy one, show your registration when you buy ammo (soon only allowed to buy ammo for the gun you have registered) and then register it again when you permanently leave the state. Its is just beyond comical how useless government has become.

Register every substance with a hardness scale over wood that is at least 4x10" as a potential gun.

I bought several 80% lowers just to expend my middle finger a bit farther.

but if they aren't illegal then they should eat a weenier.

with all the absurdity going on, chaos, anarchy.
it's going to get real bad real soon.

It is always hilarious when an advancement in technology drives the mouth-breathers in the political class into a tizzy. (The crypto wars were good fun back in the day. :s0112:)

Bolus,

Does the state insist you notify your intention to leave permanently?

I know of no other state doing this nor any law backing up this baloney.

You want to leave your current residence for another state...just do so.

WTH can the state of Haw. do about not giving them a head's up...nothing.

Bolus,

Does the state insist you notify your intention to leave permanently?

I know of no other state doing this nor any law backing up this baloney.

You want to leave your current residence for another state...just do so.

WTH can the state of Haw. do about not giving them a head's up...nothing.
Especially if the person moves from Hawaii to Idaho or one of the other 7 states that prohibit the registration of firearms.

DC doesn't expect to win the case in the courtroom. They expect to win by bankrupting Polymer80 with vexatious litigation.
THIS!!!:s0101:
When WA started this nonsense a few suppliers of 80% said they would no longer sell here. A few shooters jumped up and down and yelled it was the Co's fault and they should be boycotted by everyone. There was no reaching these guys with reason. Trying to tell them the problem was not the Co refusing to sell. The problem was the state. The people in charge here have unlimited money to cause trouble for anyone who sells here. The people in charge do not care how much money they blow this way as people here are out of work and told too bad we can't pay you. The Co's do not have unlimited tax funds to fight this stuff. Even if they win how much are they out compared to what they make selling these here? So they tell the people in WA if you don't like this VOTE.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top