JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
whats the point of serializing a piece of metal or plastic that can be shipped straight to you anyway? isnt the point of finishing an 80% the ability to give the middle finger to the govt by exercising your rights...the right to keep and bear arms...the right to build your own firearms...the right of the people to keep the govt in check?

until background checks dont include gun serial numbers i still wont believe that there is no national registry.
Fun fact: Some guns don't have S/N and when doing a transfer NSN is used (no serial number). Cause some guns were made before a S/N was needed. Also, if you built an AR using an 80% lower but decided you don't want it anymore, it still doesn't require a S/N unless the state requires it. Only manufacturers have to put a S/N on a gun.

Of course some people engrave a S/N anyways when they do that, but its not required by federal law.

Fun fact: Some guns don't have S/N and when doing a transfer NSN is used (no serial number). Cause some guns were made before a S/N was needed. Also, if you built an AR using an 80% lower but decided you don't want it anymore, it still doesn't require a S/N unless the state requires it. Only manufacturers have to put a S/N on a gun.

Of course some people engrave a S/N anyways when they do that, but its not required by federal law.
i have some oldies with no serial number that have someones SSN on them

i have some oldies with no serial number that have someones SSN on them
:(

If I were to make any gun that had no serial number, which is unlikely cause I don't have the need to get more ARs (more FALs or AKs otoh...), I'd never put a S/N on it.

Though it annoys me people think it requires a S/N at federal law, its only state law where it'd matter currently. Some people destroy AK receivers to sell their build as a parts kit because "omg no S/N!" Though to make matters worse, THE TRUNNION HAS A S/N!! :mad:

I made up a SN for the build I sent to my daughter in ARK. Because it was going across state lines, I had to ship it to an FFL. Even with a SN on it, his reaction blew my mind... he called his local ATF and they set him straight, but he still wasn't happy. We don't use him any more.

I made up a SN for the build I sent to my daughter in ARK. Because it was going across state lines, I had to ship it to an FFL. Even with a SN on it, his reaction blew my mind... he called his local ATF and they set him straight, but he still wasn't happy. We don't use him any more.
Even across state lines, no s/n needed federally.

Even across state lines, no s/n needed federally.

That's fine. As I said, I did it because I had to ship it to an FFL, which is required for shipping across state lines AFAIK. (The shipping, not the SN) Even then, the FFL lost his schlit because he thought an 80% could not be transfered/sold.

No, but its easier to report a s/n if someone stole it from her. Plus some ffls might throw a fit.

True. I didn't even think of that.

The SN I made is: my two initials, her birthdate digits, and her two initials... she likes it. It was a pink Polymer80 lower that I Duracoated to be purple, then purple coated all the furniture... girly gun. :D The FFL did not have anything nice to say, couldn't figure out why he didn't just keep his mouth shut.. if he didn't like something, it certainly wasn't any of his business!!!

True. I didn't even think of that.

The SN I made is: my two initials, her birthdate digits, and her two initials... she likes it. It was a pink Polymer80 lower that I Duracoated to be purple, then purple coated all the furniture... girly gun. :D The FFL did not have anything nice to say, couldn't figure out why he didn't just keep his mouth shut.. if he didn't like something, it certainly wasn't any of his business!!!
I've dropped FFLs for less. Personally if I did engrave a S/N it'd be 8008135. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top