JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why carry extra mags in Kali? You can't carry anything to use them in.
Two rolls of quarters, each wrapped in duct tape to keep them together as a cylinder, inside a double-upped tube sock...

That's the way Charles Bronson would handle hoodlums like that, non-leathal, but opens up a whole bunch of hurt...

Might not be able to carry a sidearm, but there's lots of ways to defend oneself...

Two rolls of quarters, each wrapped in duct tape to keep them together as a cylinder, inside a double-upped tube sock...

That's the way Charles Bronson would handle hoodlums like that, non-leathal, but opens up a whole bunch of hurt...

Might not be able to carry a sidearm, but there's lots of ways to defend oneself...
Yep after a Mag dump lol

I grew up near there, and rode BART pretty regularly as a kid.
I distinctly remember a large black teen with no shirt, dragging a large knife across his chest drawing blood and saying "Ozzy Osborne" when he found out we were on our way to a "Day On The Green" concert at the Oakland Coliseum in 1978 (yes, I'm old).
There's NO WAY I would be on a BART train in, or near Oakland at 9:30 on a Saturday night:eek:

Out and about in America there have been few places I have been alone that I have feared for my life unless crashing a motorcycle, car, etc. Once was elk hunting headed back to camp in the dark walking down a logging road after seeing fresh cougar tracks....

The other time was driving through Oakland as a young Naval Reserve LT. (Interim Wing Air Intelligence Officer) heading to Alameda from Miramar to do an ADMAT Classified Library and Security inspection 30 years ago. I was thinking, "Lord, do not let me have a FLAT TIRE now." Because at the time I had no EDC. As the old saying goes: "The Lord takes care of fools and children.:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

I'm just going to toss out a favorite quote from an old friend and leave it hang here...

"Mister Atta, I'll see your box cutter... and RAISE you three feet of American hardwood."
--Massad Ayoob, on the cane as a close-quarters improvised PDW

My adult nephew flew into PDX a couple years back and caught MAX to meet me downtown after work.

Halfway here, he watched 7-8 loudmouth teens with sagging drawers and boxers on display board the train, pull bandanas up over their faces and mime gun shapes in the pockets of their hoodies. Much shouted profanity for the benefit of other passengers, menacing behavior (mostly just towards each other) and laughter. Guess it was all just a "joke."

Were they contemplating an actual bad scene and decided not to go through with it for some reason? Who knows?

Maybe trying to emulate behavior of established cats they look up to as role models? Probably.

Were the legit passengers (including my 6'3" 220# nephew) scared sh!tless? Absolutely.

I'd like to think that similar escalated episodes for each of those oxygen bandits resulted in nightly slumber parties with bigger inmates - or better yet, Darwin Awards.

My adult nephew flew into PDX a couple years back and caught MAX to meet me downtown after work.

Halfway here, he watched 7-8 loudmouth teens with sagging drawers and boxers on display board the train, pull bandanas up over their faces and mime gun shapes in the pockets of their hoodies. Much shouted profanity for the benefit of other passengers, menacing behavior (mostly just towards each other) and laughter. Guess it was all just a "joke."

Were they contemplating an actual bad scene and decided not to go through with it for some reason? Who knows?

Maybe trying to emulate behavior of established cats they look up to as role models? Probably.

Were the legit passengers (including my 6'3" 220# nephew) scared sh!tless? Absolutely.

I'd like to think that similar escalated episodes for each of those oxygen bandits resulted in nightly slumber parties with bigger inmates - or better yet, Darwin Awards.
See, the problem with doing something like that, they might encounter one or more CHL holders... Then what?

Out and about in America there have been few places I have been alone that I have feared for my life unless crashing a motorcycle, car, etc. Once was elk hunting headed back to camp in the dark walking down a logging road after seeing fresh cougar tracks....

The other time was driving through Oakland as a young Naval Reserve LT. (Interim Wing Air Intelligence Officer) heading to Alameda from Miramar to do an ADMAT Classified Library and Security inspection 30 years ago. I was thinking, "Lord, do not let me have a FLAT TIRE now." Because at the time I had no EDC. As the old saying goes: "The Lord takes care of fools and children.:rolleyes:

Brutus Out
Oh you Brute, though I'm 3rd gen Oregonite, I've spent many a year on Oahu (racist central) and right around in Oakland CA. Yep, I've had many a scare.. and given plenty back. ooya
nothing but a thing
and I hate to say the obvious but the first thing through my mind upon reading (didn't click) "40 to 60 teens swarm train, rob weekend riders" is that that'd be pretty hard to do with a hole through your head.

Last Edited:

Do they allow CHL holders to carry guns on the MAX trains in Portland? I know in Chicago you cannot carry guns on public transit even with a permit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top