JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This really isnt about training, rather questioning people who are supporting the agencies who are actively trying to take our rights away from us. But if a Mod decides it should be in training, so be it.

I'm trying to find the best way to ask this question, so my point my not be received correctly, and may not be the most coherent, but here goes....

Why doesn't the training community, the instructors, the schools, treat LEO the same way that Barrett does? Eliminate support for them.
There's all these former "special people" that are now in the training space, working with the very govt/state/local agencies that are actively trying/succeeding to take our right away from us. Why are they not being called out? Why are the training schools/ranges allowing LEO to use their facilities at all? I see youtube channels of all these former tier 1/2 people that seem to immediately start training federal agencies while building their general public clients , but then pop off with "you have to fight for your rights". WHY then are you working directly with the people trying to take them away??

I'm reading all these complaints about stores suddenly not shipping to people in WA, and all the angry comments, saying they should take a stand. Why isn't that being asked of the ranges and instructors within the firearms community?

I guess if an individual officer wants to train, they should be paying for it themselves, using state legal weapons and magazines that the masses are allowed to use. I don't want to say that civilians can use, because LEO ARE civilians. They shouldn't be allowed any exemptions IMO.
No LEO identifiers allowed.

I'll probably re-read this in a bit, question my sanity, and rewrite it, but until then...

I guess I should also say this most certainly isn't meant to disparage LEO, the intructors, trainers, or schools, more to bring up the hypocrisy of it all.

Last Edited:
Aside from the one notorious federal agency, what state and local agencies are "actively trying/succeeding to take our right away from us?"

Did you not see virtually ALL of the country sheriffs in the state (save three, IIRC, one an interim trying to get elected, another the appointed King County sheriff and then another guy who I don't think got reelected) rise up and go on record opposing all the recent gun legislation?

When was the last time you heard a patrol cop (not an appointed chief of police) say, "Gosh, I am so looking forward to disarming all the law-abiding citizens in Washington?"

Hint: it's not the law enforcement rank and file trying to take away your rights. It's all your elected officials, representatives, senators, mayors, governors and attorney generals.

You do realize that most law enforcement officers who attend commercial training courses go on their own dime, right? As a former agency firearms instructor and tactical team member, I tried for years to get my department to pay for training that some of us went to. The only training we got for free was from Axon or Safariland (DefTec) and back in the day, Monadnock (PR-24). No good gun training.

more to bring up the hypocrisy of it all.
Just who are the hypocrites to you?

All I know is if your LEO or wear a flag on your uniform and you're going to enforce these unconstitutional laws you don't rate to wear the American flag.

Do us all a favor and quit.

Aim your anger at the Democrat Politicians that are pushing this upon us. The same politicians that voted down an amendment that would have had this law go to a vote of the people.

The cops aren't voting your rights away. It's the politicians that are getting voted into office by mail in ballots that are infringing upon your rights.

At some point folks will focus this cancel culture at the correct target, political leaders, those who vote for them, and the black robes they then appoint.

Aim your anger at the Democrat Politicians that are pushing this upon us. The same politicians that voted down an amendment that would have had this law go to a vote of the people.

The cops aren't voting your rights away. It's the politicians that are getting voted into office by mail in ballots that are infringing upon your rights.

At some point folks will focus this cancel culture at the correct target, political leaders, those who vote for them, and the black robes they then appoint.
Cops aren't voting the rights away. But who is proceeding with the arrests of unconstitutional laws?

Not saying all cops. But many will pick a paycheck over upholding the constitution.

You do realize that most law enforcement officers who attend commercial training courses go on their own dime, right? As a former agency firearms instructor and tactical team member, I tried for years to get my department to pay for training that some of us went to.

I have noticed this, that and they are usually the good ones you don't have to worry about taking your guns.

This really isnt about training, rather questioning people who are supporting the agencies who are actively trying to take our rights away from us. But if a Mod decides it should be in training, so be it.

I'm trying to find the best way to ask this question, so my point my not be received correctly, and may not be the most coherent, but here goes....

Why doesn't the training community, the instructors, the schools, treat LEO the same way that Barrett does? Eliminate support for them.
There's all these former "special people" that are now in the training space, working with the very govt/state/local agencies that are actively trying/succeeding to take our right away from us. Why are they not being called out? Why are the training schools/ranges allowing LEO to use their facilities at all? I see youtube channels of all these former tier 1/2 people that seem to immediately start training federal agencies while building their general public clients , but then pop off with "you have to fight for your rights". WHY then are you working directly with the people trying to take them away??

I'm reading all these complaints about stores suddenly not shipping to people in WA, and all the angry comments, saying they should take a stand. Why isn't that being asked of the ranges and instructors within the firearms community?

I guess if an individual officer wants to train, they should be paying for it themselves, using state legal weapons and magazines that the masses are allowed to use. I don't want to say that civilians can use, because LEO ARE civilians. They shouldn't be allowed any exemptions IMO.
No LEO identifiers allowed.

I'll probably re-read this in a bit, question my sanity, and rewrite it, but until then...

I guess I should also say this most certainly isn't meant to disparage LEO, the intructors, trainers, or schools, more to bring up the hypocrisy of it all.
Probably because many of them are cops or former cops. I would say about 50% of the guys I've taken classes from are or were cops with the other half being SOF types.

Something else to consider is the people that actually train regularly is a relatively small percentage of firearm owners. I'm not talking about the new gun owner that takes a basic class or two or even those that take a class once a year or so, I'm talking about people that train hard on a regular basis, multiple classes a year. I've heard estimates there are roughly about 10-15K people total in that category, that is a pretty tight market for guys that train for a living, so yeah their going to train cops.

Last Edited:
But who is proceeding with the arrests of unconstitutional laws?
Okay, but where are all these arrests taking place? (Aside from the debacle at the Capitol on 1/6/21, which most assuredly was not an insurrection.)

If anything, in the states that have recently enacted egregious firearms laws, law enforcement seems to be decidedly not eager to arrest law-abiding citizens.

The only people I see getting arrested these days are the truly stupid and those that deserve to get arrested.

But many will pick a paycheck over upholding the constitution.
I think you'd be surprised. No one will ever know the true number of the LEOs who resigned rather than get the jab. I knew a bunch, and some had families to support. There's always the ones with no integrity, that want to be in control, feel powerful and not forfeit all that good OT, but the stand-up guys and gals in the military and in LE outnumber the douchebags that would use force against their fellow Americans or attempt to confiscate guns from the good guys. It's almost a comfort thing; I saw it a lot when doing humanitarian operations in the military -- most folks want to help, not confront. Some of y'all may want to give your fellow Americans some credit.

Of course, some here undoubtedly will have differing opinions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top