JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I am just throwing out a couple of ideas as a long time "lurker" turned supporter.

First, keep the site free, I cannot speak for everyone but this for me was the initial draw, a place to learn, discuss, buy, and sell.

Second , how about arrangements with local ranges as NWFA range day, open to both range members and the public with a percentage going to funding NWFA site? As an example, I live near Douglas Ridge, but have never used their facilities simply because I am unsure what they have to offer. An open partnership with a local range would give an opportunity for the range to aquire members while NWFA picks up a few bucks, plus it's an opportunity for members to meet each other.

Third, vendors discount. I am far from a business major but I do know people love discounts. Different membership levels get you various levels of discounts. Here is where I am lost without knowing the numbers.

Example:

Offer a "XX%" discount at Kurts for member level "XX". After "X" numbers of transactions have occurred Kurts ads run for free on the site. After a few purchases at participating shop the membership pays for itself, the business owner gains sales within margin and with enough sales receives free ads.

Everyone wins.

I woke up this morning and I'm still in disbelief. I really don't know what else to say or how to say it. Thank you all so much for your generosity. You guys have no idea how much of a blessing this is.

Kojak.jpg

I am now a supporting member, I wish I could afford much more but that's all I can at this time.

I will upgrade and donate when I can. I love this site, I look forward to going on it everyday!

Thanks @Joe Link

Joe,

Hard times for all these days.
While I'm in absolutely no position to make donations to anyone right now, I too want to keep this site alive.
Check your donation box tomorrow. I'll leave you "a little sumthin'".
Good luck bud, and thanks for all your hard work.
I think I speak for all of us when I say, we really appreciate it.

Dean

First how do I "upgrade" my membership to supporting? Second Have you thought of enlisting other groups assistance in the way of membership? I know it doesn't exactly dovetail perfectly with your aim here but there is a new group on facebook called "Oregonians against the "assault weapons" ban". This group has for good reason grown very rapidly. Many in the group are afraid for good reason that facebook will shut down any pro 2A discussion and the group will be left out in the cold. Would it be possible to offer NWFA as a backup? After all if that law or really any version of it get passed we are in dire straights to say the least. As has been said here many times we need to stand TOGETHER. Just a thought. Also it has been my observation over the hears although I am sure some won't care for it that people tend to value things they pay for more than things that are free. A nominal membership donation?

First how do I "upgrade" my membership to supporting? Second Have you thought of enlisting other groups assistance in the way of membership? I know it doesn't exactly dovetail perfectly with your aim here but there is a new group on facebook called "Oregonians against the "assault weapons" ban". This group has for good reason grown very rapidly. Many in the group are afraid for good reason that facebook will shut down any pro 2A discussion and the group will be left out in the cold. Would it be possible to offer NWFA as a backup? After all if that law or really any version of it get passed we are in dire straights to say the least. As has been said here many times we need to stand TOGETHER. Just a thought. Also it has been my observation over the hears although I am sure some won't care for it that people tend to value things they pay for more than things that are free. A nominal membership donation?

towards the top of the page on the right side you will see in big bold lettering YOU BROKE THE METER right under that is the donate button and that will bring you to the proper page so you can choose your supporting member status and pay for it. Hope that helps.;)

We should maybe think about adding something to that donate area, like a subscribe button, or become a supporter button or upgrade, something more obvious.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads