JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Thinking that those who sell in the classifieds should pay a fee for selling, probably based on the dollar amount of what's being sold. Joe is managing the classifieds which takes a lot of work and should be paid for the service in my opinion. o_O

I suggested that as well, but looking at other places that do something similar it tends to drive people away. Our truly free classifieds bring in a large portion of our members. :)

I've used this site long enough for free to sell and buy stuff. Hate to see it go away. Donated by upgrading to Silver...

Excellent! That's how I have always felt too. I've used the classifieds for over 50 successful transactions. The least I can do is support Joe and NWFA back!

I can't do anything this week but I will figure out how to get some money funneled into this site.

It might not all be cash but I'll make sure I'm doing some leg work to bring in some advertisers. I have a friend opening a Tattoo parlor in Vancouver very soon, I'll talk with him as well even though he will just be starting a new retail storefront.

Love it here and have made many good lifelong friends.

@Joe Link I have a suggestion regarding ad blockers. I run an ad blocker normally although I have Northwest Firearms whitelisted. Some sites that I visit have a banner that pops up when they notice you have an ad blocker. The banner asks you to consider whitelisting the site. The sites normally let you view the content even if you elect not to whitelist. But the banner does raise awareness that sites depend on ad revenue for support. I think you should do this on Northwest Firearms.

Last Edited:
I am actually one that has been building websites for along time more then I would care to say :)
Just finished another client last week, but I digress.

I will be renewing my membership soon I think its ready to expire.

If I may make three suggestions :

1. No more free firearms sellers, the bulk of allot of bandwidth is used by those ads. Its impossible to collect after the fact as you would need FT staff to collect. But two things would help A: sellers buy tokens to sell items on the site. or B: There is a sellers paid group. A person pays XYZ a year to be able to sell on here. The site has more then enough reputation and giving away for free just is not always great business. MHO. ( you could allow other non-firearms for free but firearms should be a fee of some kind.
  2. Raffles or Give Away's are not successful in a article if i recall was FB and end of an era explained how websites could not compete with FB by gaining revenue why FB gain revenue by buying and selling. Some of the largest gun groups are on FB. While prizes are great they in the long run do not increase membership and if they do its only during the raffles time frame.
  3. NWFA need to take a stand, things are tough here financially because this site is basically entertainment. While there are some community projects the fact NWFA doesn't take a stand or represent a stand hurts the view. I know others will argue otherwise but other large sites like this continue to grow because they also make progress politically. It may not be what NWFA wants but it will have a up hill battle until the day in Salem a petition from all the members with Joe Link at the top saying we wont stand for this. Well until that day..... NWFA will struggle to move along.
This has to be in the top 5 large firearms sites on the west coast, but politically speaking its not even on the map simply because there is no unity or organized meeting of the minds.

Dismiss this if you like, but this is what I do and only giving this advice because I have been here awhile watching the struggle so thought now was time to say something and for free none the less.

Done. One thing I have done a few times that others could try. When cleaning out the "junk boxes" anything I found that looked like others could use I put up here for free to anyone who was supporting. One new member joined just to get something I was giving away a while back. Another did just a week ago to get some mags I offered for this. So get those junk boxes down. Old holsters and such that you no long use? If they look like others would offer them up here for a donation instead of cash.

I know those pop up notifications telling you to turn off adblocker are super obnoxious, but I think there is sympathy for sites like these. I did not even realize I had it turned on for this site until I saw today's message.

I don't post a lot here but I do read a lot and this forum is genuinely appreciated by yours truly.

Why, it's almost as fulfilling as new ammo or shiny gun parts! :D

I've met some of the members here, done some deals with a few and I've always been treated right. I've learned quite a bit while reading and I've enjoyed keeping up to date on the latest liberal trends, which are so ably reported here. :)

I'm here for the long haul and my donation has been made. I hope it can be put to good use.

Michael

Dude I drank $30 worth of whiskey Saturday night alone! Add Friday to it and OH BOY!! :p:D
Now that Boys & girls is..."Livin' the High Life"
Done. One thing I have done a few times that others could try. When cleaning out the "junk boxes" anything I found that looked like others could use I put up here for free to anyone who was supporting. One new member joined just to get something I was giving away a while back. Another did just a week ago to get some mags I offered for this. So get those junk boxes down. Old holsters and such that you no long use? If they look like others would offer them up here for a donation instead of cash.
Fantastic Idea. How'd you know I have a collection of never used holsters?

I keep telling everyone I meet about this excellent community and try to convince them to join but it seems people on this side of the snake say "it's more of a Washington/ oregon focused site"

Well how the heck do you think Idaho representation is going to grow ??

Anyway, I thought I'd let you know that I've got this site on blast in order to grow our numbers eastward.

I completely agree! I just told a friend of mine in Idaho to join a few days ago!

I suggested that as well, but looking at other places that do something similar it tends to drive people away. Our truly free classifieds bring in a large portion of our members. :)

Just opinion, I see guys with a heck of a lot of adds that could pay something for the classifieds. Maybe set it up as a membership right that charges by the month or by the sale and what Joe gets is considered as a supporter. Heck there are guys selling guns for huge bucks so you would think they could chip in some profit to joe.

I go to a national site that does a fund drive every quarter for $90,000 a quarter and there are no classifieds sales there. It's been run for a long time and people love the place because it gives the best info around on today' s happenings..

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR