JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
@Joe Link
I have a idea that may or may not make sense, as I do not know very much about the economics of internet advertising. But here goes...
What if we were to use advertising that was accessible from this sites that we actually use?
I receive mailerer from sites like Palmetto State Armory, SGAmmo, Target sports, Slick Guns, Midway, etc... and I rely on these mailers to see what they have to offer and frequently click on links from them as well. I occasionally buy from these mailers.
I would love to be able to support the site here by using the advertising mechanics of NWFirearms rather than their company mailers.
If I could only see advertising here that was "preferred", I would actually seek it out. But if it's just random advertising for some unreasonably priced obscure or oddball item or service, it then just becomes advertising to me and ignored. Such as the "CCW certification" link below.
I have noticed that there is a lot of members here that are not aware of current pricing and realistic values in the classified section. It sure would be nice and beneficial for all to have some of these retailers advertised here. Could that possibly increase the capitalist economy for everyone involved?
Hope my rambling makes sense, and I will be sending in a donation soon :)

Upgraded and sent one time . Donation lol can't let this site go down .I WON'T HAVE ANYONE TO TALK TO WHEN I DRINK MY BEER . HAHAHA

There is no limit to what people will take for free. Being a free forum has allowed the membership to easily grow to about 42,000. I'll sign up as a sponsor, but I will bet that most will not. Rather than a few carrying the load and probably continuing to struggle, can you get everyone to kick in $10 / yr.? That is a small price to pay for such a great forum and it would give you plenty of revenue. If this is your full time gig you should Ibe paid for it. It is a business and should be treated as such. I have no problem paying my way. That being said, i have to assume that you are pounding the pavement to find advertisers. I think people shy away if they have to pay to get in and see if they like it first. One suggestion would be to allow 1-3 month membership for free. Don't make them give a credit card initially. Make it easy and free to sign up. Then after the introductory period, they lose access if they don't pay. Make it easy and they will come.

Just bumped my support level up a notch, I hope it helps. If most folks that regularly used the forum could try and make at least bronze level support happen, I'm sure that would help. $30 a year is something I'm betting at least 50-75% of the folks that regularly use this site could do. As @SKrueger noted, I've met some very fine folks on this site, folks I do consider friends. Worth keeping things up and running here. No doubt the anti's would count it a big victory if this site had to shut down.

I'd hope all who get enjoyment, friendship or just a good kick in the bubblegum from time to time can contribute.

Just think how this site allows folks to learn, sharpen their wit or get encouragement from seeing & hearing from others of like mind, then imagine if one day you logged on and this forum was gone...

And if NWFA went down, you'd find me wandering the streets dazed and confused because I couldn't find my home!!

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top