JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I still don't think kids buying guns between 18 and 21 is the problem. Time and time again the guns are stolen from family or had on the black market. I just don't think preventing 18 year olds from buying a gun is going to make an impact.

Maybe not, brother. I don't know, I was just asking opinions that's all. As stated before I've got girls in HS and it sickens me to think that there's any possibility it could happen to them.........

Right, but what can we do as a society to keep these nuts from doing harm if they are really set to do it?

1st, you can only have the means to defend yourself. 2nd we need to stop releasing violent offenders, if we cant trust you with a gun you don't go free. 3rd we need better mental health care and programs that reach out to those struggling with violence or violent thoughts, depression, meds, abuse, neglect etc. etc. (this is something the antis should really be spending all their millions on if they really cared). 4th America needs to put down their smartphones, web forums (cough), playstations and televisions and start having family time again.

and probably in that order.....

Oh believe me, I am in NO WAY for any kind of ban or otherwise. I own 5 AR's myself, and have a new Liberty safe being delivered tomorrow morning so I can house them all plus more. I'm just saying that I have stepdaughters in HS and one is a senior and almost 18 so I've been around their friends and such. I have YET to meet any of them that I thought could be a responsible gun owner at age 18. Staring at their phones like zombies and babbling about who dissed who on Facebook or whatever. Different times, brother. Different times.

Those are the kind that may have an "accident" with a gun. They also should not be allowed behind the wheel of a car. What I am saying is those immature kids would not just pick up a gun and start murdering people. That takes a special kind of twisted mind. Problem is you notice these twisted minds still have enough moxie to seek out a place where the people they are shooting can not shoot back? Amazing how that works. They supposedly don't "understand" what they are doing. Yet they never try to do a mass shooting where some there are armed. They seek out a place where it's shooting fish in a barrel.

Maybe not, brother. I don't know, I was just asking opinions that's all. As stated before I've got girls in HS and it sickens me to think that there's any possibility it could happen to them.........

Wife and I have been kicking this around since it happened. I really think the best way to protect the kids is to lock the schools down, control the access points and have armed security and/or teachers to protect those entry points. My fear is any attempt at trying to restrict access to guns will fail in a number of ways - such as those gun owners that don't adequately secure their firearms, allowing the kids to have access. We have to stop them from getting into the schools to begin with - gun free zones/soft targets are just too much of a risk these days. Time to lock them down. Like it or not, we have to accept the new 'normal' :mad:

How about the drug companies and the government start being honest about the effects of all the stuff being prescribed to kids and young adults.
Thats the study I want to see...How many of these sh#@bag killers were off thier meds.
Oh but we can't know that because of HIPAA. My bad

Those are the kind that may have an "accident" with a gun. They also should not be allowed behind the wheel of a car. What I am saying is those immature kids would not just pick up a gun and start murdering people. That takes a special kind of twisted mind. Problem is you notice these twisted minds still have enough moxie to seek out a place where the people they are shooting can not shoot back? Amazing how that works. They supposedly don't "understand" what they are doing. Yet they never try to do a mass shooting where some there are armed. They seek out a place where it's shooting fish in a barrel.

Yeah, good point. And now dickwad's lawyers are saying "Yeah, he did it. But we don't want the death penalty". F him. He's admitted it, so have his lawyers. I say 48 hours for the "trial" and then feed him to a wolf pack.

I still don't think kids buying guns between 18 and 21 is the problem. Time and time again the guns are stolen from family or had on the black market. I just don't think preventing 18 year olds from buying a gun is going to make an impact.

The only thing laws like that would "help" a little with is accidents. Keep people who are not mature from getting a gun and they may not shoot their buddy playing with the new gun. It will do zero for the twisted minds who seek out others to murder.

I agree with the above, but I'm just gonna say I know quite a few 19-21 YO's that have the maturity level of a HS freshman.

As a high school freshman I had been hunting big game for 3 years, I was a second class Boy Scout and spent dozens of hours at Camp pioneers rifle range using ammo I brought from home and I was on the Salem Boys Club Indoor rifle team. My frosh speech in English was on how to field strip and clean a M1 Carbine I took the rifle to school on the bus and kept it in my locker. The two rules laid down by the Vice principle were no live ammo and I couldn't walk around the halls with it between class.

Got an A on the speech.

My son passed his Hunters safety course when he was 12. He could have done it at 10 but the club he took it through would not allow at that time anyone that young to do the course.

Both my kids were shooting regularly by age 6

so what was that about the maturity level of a freshman?

I'm not stupid, and I know that guns can be had illegally. I don't think it's THAT easy. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to buy one illegally nor would I try. Did I ever say anything about AR's specifically? Nope. I said rifle.

I bet you could figure out where to steal one if you tried.

As a high school freshman I had been hunting big game for 3 years, I was a second class Boy Scout and spent dozens of hours at Camp pioneers rifle range using ammo I brought from home and I was on the Salem Boys Club Indoor rifle team. My frosh speech in English was on how to field strip and clean a M1 Carbine I took the rifle to school on the bus and kept it in my locker. The two rules laid down by the Vice principle were no live ammo and I couldn't walk around the halls with it between class.

Got an A on the speech.

My son passed his Hunters safety course when he was 12. He could have done it at 10 but the club he took it through would not allow at that time anyone that young to do the course.

Both my kids were shooting regularly by age 6

so what was that about the maturity level of a freshman?

Good for you and your son. Really. But is that today's "normal" or an exception to it?

How about the drug companies and the government start being honest about the effects of all the stuff being prescribed to kids and young adults.
Thats the study I want to see...How many of these sh#@bag killers were off thier meds.
Oh but we can't know that because of HIPAA. My bad

Almost every one of these kooks was on some kind of heavy duty psychotropic drugs. Many of them come with warnings that they may cause just this kind of behavior. Yet we pump kids full of them rather that use simple discipline. MANY of the kids who are drugged are just boys. They get bored and act out at school. We all did. Now days instead of using discipline we turn them into zombies with drugs.

Yeah, good point. And now dickwad's lawyers are saying "Yeah, he did it. But we don't want the death penalty". F him. He's admitted it, so have his lawyers. I say 48 hours for the "trial" and then feed him to a wolf pack.

Public execution should be brought back just for stuff like this. When it's clear cut, no way some slob was convicted wrongly. Few weeks from now he should be publicly hung. Put it on PBS for all to see.

Public execution should be brought back just for stuff like this. When it's clear cut, no way some slob was convicted wrongly. Few weeks from now he should be publicly hung. Put it on PBS for all to see.
Some just want their name and pic spread all over the place. Public execution might not deter them.

Some just want their name and pic spread all over the place. Public execution might not deter them.

Might not but it will give many a second thought. This guy did not want to die. He dropped the gun and ran before the cops got there. Not to mention I just don't want to feed him the rest of his miserable like. Also how many times does some murder get out of prison after many years and soon does it again? Kill them and you will not have them making more victims later.

Depends on the method.
Real tricky there... Eighth Amendment and all that.

Might not but it will give many a second thought. This guy did not want to die. He dropped the gun and ran before the cops got there. Not to mention I just don't want to feed him the rest of his miserable like. Also how many times does some murder get out of prison after many years and soon does it again? Kill them and you will not have them making more victims later.
Depends on how many wanted to live afterwards vs how many didn't care.

I am a rough old bird and think old school on how to get a kid trained on how to join society. My methods would never be accepted because folks today just don't have the stomach to do the right thing. Kids need teaching and training and above all they need to see the consequences for their actions.

Old school driver training in my high school they had you watch a grisly film of car wrecks, close up pictures as to what happens in a car wreck. Then they put in stupid acts that got people hurt and tore off fingers and limbs and it was real carnage not computer graphics.

They won't even think about it but if they wanted kids to change their behavior they would take the school shooter to the gallows in a public setting with him crying and peeing his pants and put him to death for what he did while its' still fresh in kids memories. Consequences is what they need to learn.

Ya it's old school but it seems the only way I can see to bring back peace to this country. Brutal, savage and neanderthal but that's my opinion. Good thing old guys like me are dying off and let the world be what it wants to be.:)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top