JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You could easily set up a hunters safety course that a young person must pass to have a gun which includes profiling the individual to see if they are mature enough to have a gun. If they fail then they work harder to get better. It's just a matter of working in the system to make people safe but it will be hard to get it done because of politics.

About any old gun hand can profile a kids maturity and if the kid fails the parent will have to bring the kid along to mature enough to own a gun.o_O

You can teach a kid a lot in a hunters safety course.

Again another law. So anyone capable of doing this is going to be stopped because of a law? All the illegal guns will vanish?

Ya another law but its' one that educate kids on guns as a mandatory act. Stupid kids left to their own will hurt people, might be time for gun owners to demand training in safety.

I'm not stupid, and I know that guns can be had illegally. I don't think it's THAT easy. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to buy one illegally nor would I try. Did I ever say anything about AR's specifically? Nope. I said rifle.

I really don't know how to buy one illegally either. Never wanted to. The difference is you and I are not going to do this. Anyone capable of doing this is capable of getting the tool to do it. The reason I brought up the AR is law makers and such are racing to every camera they can find saying banning the AR is the answer to this. They are using the same words you used. They are just not comfortable that people can walk into a shop and buy an AR. So they want a new law too. No more AR's. Its the exact same "logic". Pass a new law and these kooks will not shoot kids.

I don't claim to have the answer Alex. I'm just tired of reading about POS's killing kids.

If we're going to have that discussion, based on maturity level, then we should reconsider the driving age - we allow 16 year olds behind the wheel of 2,000 lb vehicles, easily, and more likely, to cause injuries and death. We may also have to reconsider voting age since the maturity level certainly isn't there to make informed, rational decisions.

I don't know how I feel about it. As I recall, most of the past shootings by kids under 21 were using guns they took from their parents - not guns they bought themselves. I'm not sure such a plan would have a great deal of impact overall.

I stand undecided, but open to hear arguments for/against.

Yep remember the school shooing in AR IIRC, where the one shooter was like 9 or 10 and his buddy was 13? Pulled the fire alarm so the kids would line up outside and he opened up on them. He stole the guns from his Grandfather using a cutting torch to get into the safe.

Guards in the schools. I don't want to hear that they don't need em cause they're places of education. Hospitals have security. Patients can't defend themselves, neither can the students.

Especially not the ones who think it was a good idea to snapchat the shooting as it happened.

Guards in the schools. I don't want to hear that they don't need em cause they're places of education. Hospitals have security. Patients can't defend themselves, neither can the students.

Especially not the ones who think it was a good idea to snapchat the shooting as it happened.

Snapchatting the shooting.....another prime example of the maturity and "numbness" of kids today. :rolleyes:

I don't claim to have the answer Alex. I'm just tired of reading about POS's killing kids.

I hate it too. What I hate more though is to see gun owners start joining the left with "well we just need a few more laws". Remember Newtown? The one guy I worked for knew I was a shooter. After that he was asking me about this. He was a no guns guy. Wanted to know why I did not agree with banning the AR. I told him the kid walked in with several guns. Started shooting unarmed people. So how would having say a few wheel guns have made it different? I told him that in that case a couple adults tried to protect kids and were of course shot. So if the kid had a few wheel guns how would it make a difference?
Want to see this stop? There is only one real way. When was the last time there was a mass shooting at say an NFL game? why not? If they want to make schools safe from this it can be done. The left does not want to. When gun owners start trying to compromise with them nothing happens except the law abiding get punished.

I say those young men and women that are brave enough to enlist are the least of my worries. And they don't "own" the firearm nor allowed to just carry it around unless in a war zone.

So why no handguns before 21 then?

I gotta be honest, I'm really torn that this high school kid was able to buy a rifle legally guys. Especially since he was reported to the FBI more than once. Yeah, they sure screwed the pooch on that one but even still...

That's the problem, "they" didn't do there job. Enacting more Rules and regs will not solve the problem of crazy.

No gun until 21? A criminal does not care about laws, so a sociopath with evil intent will not either.

Saw a blip on the news earlier about a teacher getting arrested today for bomb making, with his brother, where they supposedly paid students $50/hr to help them out.

Evil is going to evil.

Ya another law but its' one that educate kids on guns as a mandatory act. Stupid kids left to their own will hurt people, might be time for gun owners to demand training in safety.

Safety training will prevent accidents. This was NOT an accident. He knew exactly what he was doing. He did not go there thinking the guns were not going to kill. He tried to hide his identity. After shooting he dropped the guns and ran. He tried to blend in with the kids running. Safety training will not make some kook like this not kill. He wanted to kill. He was trying to get away with murdering these kids.

I hate it too. What I hate more though is to see gun owners start joining the left with "well we just need a few more laws". Remember Newtown? The one guy I worked for knew I was a shooter. After that he was asking me about this. He was a no guns guy. Wanted to know why I did not agree with banning the AR. I told him the kid walked in with several guns. Started shooting unarmed people. So how would having say a few wheel guns have made it different? I told him that in that case a couple adults tried to protect kids and were of course shot. So if the kid had a few wheel guns how would it make a difference?
Want to see this stop? There is only one real way. When was the last time there was a mass shooting at say an NFL game? why not? If they want to make schools safe from this it can be done. The left does not want to. When gun owners start trying to compromise with them nothing happens except the law abiding get punished.

Oh believe me, I am in NO WAY for any kind of ban or otherwise. I own 5 AR's myself, and have a new Liberty safe being delivered tomorrow morning so I can house them all plus more. I'm just saying that I have stepdaughters in HS and one is a senior and almost 18 so I've been around their friends and such. I have YET to meet any of them that I thought could be a responsible gun owner at age 18. Staring at their phones like zombies and babbling about who dissed who on Facebook or whatever. Different times, brother. Different times.

there isn't much maturity difference between 18 and 21 with regards to a mentally ill person. Gun control doesn't work when someone makes the premeditated determination to kill.

this wont stop until the left stops focusing on the tool and starts focusing on the person. What would this guy have chose if hypothetically all guns were banned or gone?

there isn't much maturity difference between 18 and 21 with regards to a mentally ill person. Gun control doesn't work when someone makes the premeditated determination to kill.

this wont stop until the left stops focusing on the tool and starts focusing on the person. What would this guy have chose if hypothetically all guns were banned or gone?

Right, but what can we do as a society to keep these nuts from doing harm if they are really set to do it?

I still don't think kids buying guns between 18 and 21 is the problem. Time and time again the guns are stolen from family or had on the black market. I just don't think preventing 18 year olds from buying a gun is going to make an impact.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top