JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Form 4 for Trust sent on February 12, 2020
The stamp arrived at SOT FFL August 1, 2020

IN hand August 6th! (soonest I could get over there to get it)

Suppressor Day! The fastest any form 4 has gone for me. Crazy but no complaints.
View attachment 731993

Integrated 9mm. APC9-SD
It can finally be "integrated" with the rest of it just getting dust in a safe waiting for the can. I have the lock ring on the barrel now to shoot w/o the can but B&T recommends not shooting it much with that. It wants the can, it gets the can.
View attachment 731995
Funny my Suppressor form 4 Trust was submitted 1/23 still nothing for me.

Form 4 paper trust
Mailed 3/21/20
Check cashed 3/24/20
Approved 8/5/20
In hand 8/18/20

I noticed a precipitous drop in wait times on NFA tracker several days ago and had a silly idea I might get my gun in Sept. or Oct. Never was I ready for a 151 day turnaround.
Note: I sent the 24 month exemption letter instead of a copy of the trust. No idea if it had any impact on the approval time.

Last Edited:
But the exemption won't save you the background check, responsible person form, or fingerprints?

I'm not exactly sure what it does other than make the examiners job easy. The trust does not need to be picked apart for mistakes or sent in for that matter. I sent a copy of the last approved form 4 so there would be no question.

Purchased 1/31/2020
Got the call 8/21/2020
-if Oregon has their bubblegum together I'll get an instant approval, I love how a 6.5 month background check from the ATF isint good enough and Oregon has to get another background check in b

Purchased 1/31/2020
Got the call 8/21/2020
-if Oregon has their bubblegum together I'll get an instant approval, I love how a 6.5 month background check from the ATF isint good enough and Oregon has to get another background check in b
For a suppressor? That's ridiculous I didn't know Oregon did that. I don't think WA does that

That doesn't make sense

There is a reason: back before Oregon passed the law that every transfer must have BCG, NFA items had a 4473 (transaction record), but not the BGC. It says right there on the 4473 (see item 28). Afterwards, everything, including items already cleared via background also required said.

Long story short; stupid state law, not federal. (When I got setup as an 01 FFL, the ATF representative who came down from Portland went over why this seemingly contradictory direction.)

There is a reason: back before Oregon passed the law that every transfer must have BCG, NFA items had a 4473 (transaction record), but not the BGC. It says right there on the 4473 (see item 28). Afterwards, everything, including items already cleared via background also required said.

Long story short; stupid state law, not federal. (When I got setup as an 01 FFL, the ATF representative who came down from Portland went over why this seemingly contradictory direction.)
So in that case the 4473 would go straight to atf/fbi then? I'm confused. How does the atf/fbi get their "piece of the pie" so to say as far as total infringement and extended background checks lol.

So in that case the 4473 would go straight to atf/fbi then? I'm confused. How does the atf/fbi get their "piece of the pie" so to say as far as total infringement and extended background checks lol.

The Form 4473 goes no where other than the dealer's records, though it can, naturally, be reviewed by ATF. It is a transaction record. When an individual files a Form 4 for an NFA item, ATF runs a background check at that time before approval. There would be no reason to run a background check yet again when said individual pickups up the item. But in Oregon, there is a state law that all items have to have said run. The Department of Redundancy Department strikes again.

The Form 4473 goes no where other than the dealer's records, though it can, naturally, be reviewed by ATF. It is a transaction record. When an individual files a Form 4 for an NFA item, ATF runs a background check at that time before approval. There would be no reason to run a background check yet again when when said individual pickups up the item. But in Oregon, there is a state law that all items have to have said run. The Department of Redundancy Department strikes again.
Hmm. Okay I'm having trouble following I guess. So when I buy a suppressor in WA I fill out a form 4. That's it.

in your case in Oregon, you have to fill out a form 4 AND a 4473?

and before the law, you just had to fill out a form 4 only or just a 4473 only? Sorry I'm not following

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top