I think you touched on a couple of key items. I have also noticed that Form 4's whether trust or individual seem to process through the ATF faster than those submitted by sources other than Silencer Shop. This is just my personal opinion based on posts by others on public forums and 1st hand experience.I just purchased my first can using them as the broker (not my first can, just the process) and they really have their stuff together. I have really been impressed with how thorough they are with their requirements and their communications.
I wonder if they have some sort of agreement with the ATF. A nod and a wink kind of agreement based on the volume they broker. Something that keeps their submissions much closer to the shorter end of the waiting range than not.
I think these key factors helps:
- Silencershop process lends itself to fewer errors
- Forms are filled out digitally and not hand written making them easier to process/read
- Quality control is digital for finger print gathering via kiosk
- Silencershop speeds up the front end of the process over traditional methods, you go from purchase to form 4 submissions very quickly compared to other vendor work flows.
- Silencershop work flow and process is very well thought out, worked directly with the ATF and has a high level of quality control. These all contribute to faster processing and approval return.
Again, these are all my own opinion and I have no factual evidence to back up my position.