JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
10 min to do a full strip and clean also =).

It's designed very well.

They have added what looks like 10-12 more color options for them now as well if that's your thing.

I think they are a highly underrated pistol. I regret selling mine. I will replace it, eventually.

Kentucky gun company has the Taurus 709 slim in stock for $209 with free shipping. 709B.jpg https://www.kygunco.com/taurus-709-...el-7-round-blue-steel-checkered-polymer-58545

SOAB... I was all set to purchase the M&P shield for my next EDC and now I am back to being undecided since I saw the CPX-2 :confused:

Now I am going to have to look for them when I go to the gun store.

Having got a CZ75 P01, it may take place of my Glock 19. The CZ is a little shorter in length and width, just a scosh heavier. I was surprised. The CZ fits in the G19 Kydex holster almost perfectly. Comparing the CZ's handhold to the G19, I really like the CZ. Like it was made for my hand size. One thing I don't like is having to think about the Polycote finish getting worn from the Kydex, so I've been looking into IWB leather holsters. Problem there too, I don't like leather as they're not rigid enough. If I can get past these peeves, the CZ may work it's way to becoming my EDC.

I've seen where people have cut down the grip of the G19 to 26. I like the idea. I also like the idea of cutting down the G17, to a 19 grip.

That's what I got recently. It fills the gap between my full size 1911 and a little Colt 1903 .32 ACP pocket model I have. The LC9 is the size of the little Colt, but uses a more respectable 9mm. A long T-shirt is enough cover and it's so easy to carry I forget it's there. I did order one with a thumb safety though, so that all the controls are the same as my 1911.

I'd say the next gun to add, already having an LCP and a G19, would be a G17 or a G21. You've got the small shooters, now add a full size fighting gun.

You can carry a G19 as easily as a Shield and it's a better fighting gun than the Shield from a capacity standpoint alone. If I had just an LCP, a G19 and a Shield, I'd carry the G19 each and every time. The LCP and the Shield would be safe queens.

If you had to pull the pistol and use it to fight in your defense, what pistol would you prefer to have in your hand?

Go for the G17, G21, or G22. You can easily conceal and carry these guns, as well. Mouse guns are over-rated.

Last Edited:
The Ruger LC9s is my EDC and the full size Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm is my Big City or Downtown carry. I am taking a hard look at the Glock 19 MOS with an RMR sight to fill the gap between the two.

A long T-shirt is enough cover and it's so easy to carry I forget it's there. I did order one with a thumb safety though, so that all the controls are the same as my 1911.

I gave my Glock 19 to my stepdaughter that works for the parole department and didn't have a self defense pistol. A year later I bought a Ruger SR9c to replace it. I've been happy with it for a carry gun. But because of severe arthritis in my thumb, I can't work the small and high safety with my shooting hand. So I leave it off. Now it works just like the Glock. Safe enough for me. I carry with the 10rd mag, and two 17rd mags on the offside. I put a Wilson low ride extended safety on my 2011 and it works great for me. 18rds of .45acp.

Last Edited:
Well, I have owned an xdm 9mm for a few years and has been my edc for much of the time. However, a sub compact in 9mm had its appeal, and I recently added an xds to my collection. While the shield is a viable option, I am a South paw, so the ambient mag release is a plus.
The 9 round mag and red front sight for my aging eyes also helped tip the scale. It fits in my jeans in a DeSantis pocket holster.
While I am giving up round count, sight radius and a little more recoil with the xds, I certainly don't feel disadvantaged with my single stack as long as I don't crash an ISIS picnic or something.

The wife really loves her shield, and I sure do love my PPK! Call me old school, but that little pistol sure works real nice. Nice rounded edges every where, and super reliable! Now I gotta look at that sccy, that sure would be a nice size back up piece!

The wife really loves her shield, and I sure do love my PPK! Call me old school, but that little pistol sure works real nice. Nice rounded edges every where, and super reliable! Now I gotta look at that sccy, that sure would be a nice size back up piece!

Well if you didn't live in Colorado I would offer to meet you at a range to shoot it, but your a little far away for that:(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top