JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For reference, video on 1966 Austin texas clock tower sniper. Worst mass shooting up to that date. Guy was normal, intelligent, married. For a long time prior he couldn't figure out why he wanted to kill people. Even got professional help. An autopsy afterward found a brain tumor was pushing on his amygdala.

Not related to that other than brain function in general, I wonder if hormone treatment might be a factor in some of these shooters. If hormones are screwed up people do weird things. Heck, when my cat is in her heat cycle she keeps trying to hump the base of my office chair. Of course some are born with brain imbalance and need meds to cope and if meds they are psycho. I remember seeing an interview with a 3 year old that said she wanted to kill her parents with a hatchet. She was born with an imbalance.

From me:
It's sad to read these articles and to imagine the pain of the families and loved ones of the dead and injured, but poor (and sensational) reporting does nothing except fan the flames of fear and misplaced outrage. To wit:

From the article:
"The US has suffered at least 162 mass shootings in the first 15 weeks of 2023, according to the Gun Violence Archive. That's an average of more than 1.5 mass shootings every day so far this year.

The archive defines mass shootings as those in which four or more people are shot, excluding the shooter."

Back to me:
So, CNN pumps up the fear and outrage by using a source that defines nearly any discharge of a firearm to qualify as a "mass shooting" so they ensure the clicks roll in. Both CNN and the GVA (all MSM, really) should try and do just a modicum of serious research and at least note the FBI's (non-official) definition of "...four or more people are killed, excluding the shooter..."

But we all know that wouldn't generate near enough clicks and misplaced outrage (against guns, not the shooter) as just being shot would. We know that's a fact because there's a mass shooting (as defined by the FBI) nearly every day in Chicago and you never hear about them, until it's a massacre on a weekend...

Last Edited:
From the article:
"The US has suffered at least 162 mass shootings in the first 15 weeks of 2023, according to the Gun Violence Archive. That's an average of more than 1.5 mass shootings every day so far this year.

The archive defines mass shootings as those in which four or more people are shot, excluding the shooter."

So, pump up the fear/outrage by using a source that defines nearly any discharge of a firearm to qualify as a "mass shooting" so you ensure the clicks roll in. The GVA should try and do a little bit of serious research and at least note the FBI's (non-official) definition of "...four or more people are killed, excluding the shooter..."

But that wouldn't generate near enough clicks and outrage as just being shot. We know that cuz there's a mass shooting in Chicago nearly every day and you never hear about them until it's a massacre on a weekend...
Too bad they don't tell the truth, "US has had 3 non-gangbanger mass shootings since Jan. 1"

Too bad they don't tell the truth, "US has had 3 non-gangbanger mass shootings since Jan. 1"
That's precisely what I mean. But... not enough clicks and faux outrage when they (if ever) do factual "reporting"...

It's coming.....

"The investigation has progressed to the point where the Covenant shooter's writings are now being reviewed for public release," the Metro Nashville Police Department told Fox News Digital. "This process is currently underway."

A specific time frame for the release was not yet available, a police spokeswoman said.

Taken from :

Aloha, Mark

It's coming.....

Taken from :

Aloha, Mark
It's been released! Heavily redacted though.
6raonm.jpg

:s0111:

Just to make a point, was watching a 60 Minutes video from the early 80s, showing US government officials covering up Nazi officials being brought into our government agencies.

That coverage named names and asked direct questions. Even those reporters we now know were heavily biased, still respected actual news to some level.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top