JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You are correct

Spiffy's restaurant tried that exact same posturing and you see what happened to them. They were forced out of business because they couldn't afford to go the distance in the courts.
I supported their defense budget but unfortunately there was not enough exposure or interest that could match Turd's or Jay's assault for noncompliance to an unjust mandate.
In situations like Spiffy's, where the wrong of the government can be clearly seen, is where continued rallying needs to happen...unfortunately it doesn't happen enough.

I was threatened with the loss of my biz license and fines. Told them I would still operate, and won't pay their fines...Ball was in their court...never heard another word...and have kept their threatening letter as proof. Wish I could have recorded the phone call.

There was a mini mart in my area that was threatened because of workers not wearing masks. According to the owners, they were fined twice. They never paid the fines, they're still in biz.

True....and no argument from me against that.

However...
Actions without thought or planning , which takes words....is just as meaningless.

In any event....my words have caused a thread drift ... :D
To which I apologize to the OP.
Andy
No apologies needed, this is great conversation that needs to happen. Flesh this stuff out...thank you for posting

Don't forget the Hair place down here in Salem! The Gov'ness took a special interest in the owner and set about making an example of her so she used the OHSA to issue fines over $48000 against the business owner, and then made it personal! Don't know if the owner paid the fines of not, but packed up and moved out of State! I suspect it will go away, but the owner lost her business's and livelihood because of it! She stood up and had plenty of folks ralling behind her, but Gov'ness K8 went full retardo on her and took her down! You think K8 will be held accountable, absofookinlootly not!

In situations like Spiffy's, where the wrong of the government can be clearly seen, is where continued rallying needs to happen...unfortunately it doesn't happen enough.

I was threatened with the loss of my biz license and fines. Told them I would still operate, and won't pay their fines...Ball was in their court...never heard another word...and have kept their threatening letter as proof. Wish I could have recorded the phone call.

There was a mini mart in my area that was threatened because of workers not wearing masks. According to the owners, they were fined twice. They never paid the fines, they're still in biz.
I guess you could say that Spiffy's was a martyr because they blatantly ignored Gehy Jay and his turd… :(

You are correct

Spiffy's restaurant tried that exact same posturing and you see what happened to them. They were forced out of business because they couldn't afford to go the distance in the courts.
I supported their defense budget but unfortunately there was not enough exposure or interest that could match Turd's or Jay's assault for noncompliance to an unjust mandate.
Hard to follow, but I think Stuffy's played the same game and is making ground. I hope they are, anyway. Assuming it takes some connections to play the long game.

You can call it going against the government or going against the law, or whatever...but the thought is the same, and people need to band together to stop it...and voting doesn't stop it soon enough. The government will always have the upper hand, as they have our money to fight us with.

And me thinks it will come again soon with the monkeypox or whatever the virus or the variant of the month is....

My short answer...because I didn't know the people around me...who they were, their temperament, and training.
And this might be the reason a lot of us are simply keeping our powder dry. you stated a few pages back about how you know your local LEO's and some in your court system. Many of us don't have that kind of luxury, and that turns out to be a big deal. We had a local play the tough guy game about a year and a half ago. His house was burned down and he is in the slammer. So any sort of "2a community help" from him is no longer an option. Being smart is the key.
Not calling you out by any fashion- I admire your posts, wisdom, and training opportunities (hoping to take advantage of..), but all in the 2A community are not in the same boat. Where I think the community is lacking, is in a "community organizer", so to speak. I feel a lot of us have the basic skills and such, but there is no organization.
For context, I often make fun of the gay pride organizers, not because they are gay, but because they "discriminate" against other gays, namely gay LEO's, which seems to be a massive irony. E Pluribus Unum looks to be a lost concept, even amongst our own community. Isn't that where our strength comes from?

And this might be the reason a lot of us are simply keeping our powder dry. you stated a few pages back about how you know your local LEO's and some in your court system. Many of us don't have that kind of luxury, and that turns out to be a big deal. We had a local play the tough guy game about a year and a half ago. His house was burned down and he is in the slammer. So any sort of "2a community help" from him is no longer an option. Being smart is the key.
Not calling you out by any fashion- I admire your posts, wisdom, and training opportunities (hoping to take advantage of..), but all in the 2A community are not in the same boat. Where I think the community is lacking, is in a "community organizer", so to speak. I feel a lot of us have the basic skills and such, but there is no organization.
For context, I often make fun of the gay pride organizers, not because they are gay, but because they "discriminate" against other gays, namely gay LEO's, which seems to be a massive irony. E Pluribus Unum looks to be a lost concept, even amongst our own community. Isn't that where our strength comes from?
Unfortunately it's who you know...Sheriff Bob Songer and most of the Deputies. In fact one of the Deputies is an instructor for me, a Marine with 3 tours in the 'box.

As for the court system, I mentioned that in conjunction with search warrants, as I know their signatures, so would be able to tell if the warrant was legit or not. Continuing with search warrants, local L:E meaning city, county and state has to have the warrant signed in the county they wish to serve it. As for Federal, the local magistrate in the Federal district...which I think is Yakima for my area.

As was mentioned earlier, by I think @Andy54Hawken , he and others mentioned lack of organization within the 2A community. But as things get tougher, we'll organize...and yes, strength in numbers and unity.

Okay, I LOLd!

Joe
It's all for the lols...deadly humor!

lo-l.jpg

It's sad to note that I have known several Pink Pistols types who have told me that the shooting community was far more accepting of them as LGBT than the Rainbow Flaggers were of them as Wrongthinkers--including one full-on sissy-in-dress who routinely outshoots mosstoothed Bubbas with a Remmy 870. (Oh, "Max" used to be funny, particularly dealing with whiners: "Grow a pair, I'm a sissy b--ch who takes it up the *** and LIKES it and *I'm* more man than you are right now...")

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top