JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's real easy to have a strong (or at least 'vocal') moral or ethical stance when you don't have any skin in the game or the subject of your stance is, at least for the time being, theoretical.

So like I could go outside right now and start screaming at the top of my lungs how I object to the ongoing Uyghur genocide and how the international community should condemn and sanction China for it.

Would I do that in Beijing? lolz, H, E, double hokey sticks, NO! I would not. Doesn't mean my stance on the genocide isn't the correct one, just that the risk to my skin goes way up depending on location.

My bet (and fervent hope!) is that we will never need to find out if the folks in your quote will have to make the choice, but :s0092:
It's obvious people took my comments to an extreme, but then I posted extreme questions and thoughts.

My hope is the same, we will never have to go there. That folks drawn to any LE agency, beit local or federal, are of good moral character and will stand up for the rights of the people through the constitution.

Also hoping the same for humanity...

It's obvious people took my comments to an extreme, but then I posted extreme questions and thoughts.

My hope is the same, we will never have to go there. That folks drawn to any LE agency, beit local or federal, are of good moral character and will stand up for the rights of the people through the constitution.

Also hoping the same for humanity...
One can dream….

One thing is for certain...

It is not in your best interest to go on a social media platform and state that you intend to :
Break the law...
Or...
Disobey Law Enforcement...

Ironically actions like the above are best done like when one concealed carries...
Concealed means concealed for more than one reason.... :D
Andy
I agree...but then I still work with and train LE folks...yes, even some of the alphabet agencies.

I know ....read your postings before.
Still doesn't change what I said and think.
Andy
Appears the thoughts are spreading...

Screenshot_20220727-201150_Signal.jpg

Now for why I post what I did...food for thought and pondering, nothing more.

Apparently I've poked the nerves of a few, was never meant to...just meant to think, what actions you are prepared to take, and actions you may want to avoid.

Am sure alot of people here have thought about what has been posted here at some point.

We read about gun confiscation, registration, and bans etc , in Australia and other countries, and often wonder what we'd do in the same situation if faced with it.

I have provoked thoughts and a bit more, even took a pointless jab of idiocy and tough guy...yes, flattery will get you everywhere.

Research where your line will be drawn, workout plans for such things...not as it's happening.

All plans look great until you get punched in the face.
I agree. While I have a large number of guns, I don't think I would have triggered a visit. I have not bought multiple guns at the same FFL on the same day in a while, or even one gun. Still if I did I would not let them in. I have a wrought iron gate protecting my front doorway. I would first ask to see his/her credentials, a badge does not cut it, he needs ID that says he is a authorized ATF Agent or Officer, once identified, I would ask which gun he wanted to see first. Then get it and let him see it. even hold it. after he confirmed that one, ask what he wants to see next. And so on.

When I'm working with LE and good American people, I teach critical thinking.

One must know why they do, what they do. When presented with a task or manipulation, if all one can do is...that's what I was told, or that's the way it's always been done, and not question byt continue blindly, one needs to look deeper.

Last Edited:
When I work with LE folks and good American citizens, I teach critical thinking.

One must ask yourself, why you do what you do. If you can't answer any better than...because that's what I've been told, or that's the way it's always been done...one needs to look deeper.
Critical thinking and decision making requires a mental function without the influence of emotions. A lot of people can't remove their emotions. Therefore their emotion whether it be fear, anger, sadness, etc. will control their actions. Emotions are worn on the sleeve and can easily be manipulated.

Don't be a victim.

I guess that's only allowed if you're a Sheriff...point taken.
Honestly I hope it all works out well for him and others who will no doubt go along with his actions.

I agree with the "non-enforcement" of certain firearm laws that harm / deny citizens of firearms and or firearm usage ...
That many in Law Enforcement seem inclined to do.

Non-compliance can be a useful tool...if used wisely ...as well as if used by enough folks.
Andy

We have worked together, shown up for each other, and support each other...hope more Sheriff's sit up and take notice...

He is the reason why state firearms laws such as 597, 1639, and the magazine ban will not be enforced in my county

Will not be enforced by him.

Don't pretend that they won't be enforced should the state wish them to be.

Critical thinking and decision making requires a mental function without the influence of emotions. A lot of people can't remove their emotions. Therefore their emotion whether it be fear, anger, sadness, etc. will control their actions. Emotions are worn on the sleeve and can easily be manipulated.

Don't be a victim.
...and you saw it here on this thread.

I threw out some extreme points of view on purpose to elicit such a reaction. Is it emotional or is it critical thinking.

We've seen both. Some posted emotional thoughts first, then as time went by they became more critical...others like @Andy54Hawken were critical from the get go.

But in the end, sometimes it's hard to separate the two...but am impressed with how many are able to do it. It's an extreme act of discipline, but it can be done.

These are unprecedented times, I think it best we all think and ponder our actions...yes, even said Sheriff's.

...and you saw it here on this thread.

I threw out some extreme points of view on purpose to elicit such a reaction. Is it emotional or is it critical thinking.

We've seen both. Some posted emotional thoughts first, then as time went by they became more critical...others like @Andy54Hawken were critical from the get go.

But in the end, sometimes it's hard to separate the two...but am impressed with how many are able to do it. It's an extreme act of discipline, but it can be done.

These are unprecedented times, I think it best we all think and ponder our actions...yes, even said Sheriff's.
I'll keep my thoughts in regards to specific responses to the OP to myself as it's better that way.

Will not be enforced by him.

Don't pretend that they won't be enforced should the state wish them to be.
Or the feds. The feds wouldnt have him in on their party anyway. They can inform the county sheriff they will be serving a federal warrant in his county if they want to but they certainly dont have to and calling the sheriff when the fads are pushing you out of the way and entering your home isnt going to do anything. If they have a warrant theyre coming in and the sheriff isnt going to stop them.

When someone says "No", stands against tyranny, does not comply, resists, makes "them" work for it, refuses, makes their stand, then comes here to tell all that they are doing it, now, will any of you believe, will any of you rally with?

Joe

When someone says "No", stands against tyranny, does not comply, resists, makes "them" work for it, refuses, makes their stand, then comes here to tell all that they are doing it, now, will any of you believe, will any of you rally with?

Joe
You mean like drive over to their house and shoot at the police and go down in flames with them? I'd probably take a hard pass.

Last Edited:

Joe
That's a great thought process.

Let's add...the action of said LE is very obviously doing an unlawful act...does this change anything? At what point do we rally?

Let's expand on this to a Red Flag Law.

LE arrives at the house of @wired to confiscate all his firearms, because someone falsely reported him...rally to help?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads