JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing you will have to be careful about in the county is that unless the State Police and the city police are on board with this, and I doubt the State Police will be, is that they can still enforce these laws. Just hope and pray that you only get stopped by the county.

Michelle Duncan for governor!

Message from Sheriff Michelle Duncan on Ballot Measure 114:

Unfortunately, we are seeing the passage of Ballot Measure 114, which creates a required permitting system in order to purchase firearms AND bans gun magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds. This is a terrible law for gunowners, crime victims, and public safety.

I want to send a clear message to Linn County residents that the Linn County Sheriff's Office is NOT going to be enforcing magazine capacity limits.
This measure is poorly written and there is still a lot that needs to be sorted out regarding the permitting process, who has to do the training and what exactly does the training have to cover. In the coming days, I will work with other law enforcement partners, elected officials and community members on the best course of action to take on permitting. I want to ensure anything we do or don't do will not hinder gunowners' rights to purchase firearms, intentionally or unintentionally.

Although, I am hopeful that the passing of this measure will result in an immediate lawsuit against it, as it should, there is still going to be a lot to sort out on how this will impact our residents, the Linn County Sheriff's Office and other police agencies in Oregon.

I will continue to inform the public as decisions are made.

Sheriff Michelle Duncan

Don't know what the big deal is. They're simply stating the obvious. They don't have the resources to enforce the permitting system so can't do it. Sheriff Duncan said it depends on the money they get from the state, whether or not they can participate in the permitting process. FFL's still need the state police for approvals and the sheriffs aren't in that loop.

Magazine size limit will be upheld by suppliers. Might be some local stores still selling standard mags without fear of arrest, but it's really a drop in the bucket. FFLs will still be going out of business.

I appreciate they have the stones to say FU, but it really doesn't help us much.

I'm going on the assumption that 99% of the people aren't changing their carry behavior anyway so most are unaffected.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top