JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I much prefer meeting my maker on my terms, ( preferably with a Size 44DD in each hand) if submitting to a warrant, illegal or otherwise, we got bigger problems then the AFT or Sheriff Joe blow showing up to shoot my dog!
That said, the conditions of the warrant are what is going to get a response from me, especially knowing I did nothing wrong and that the likely reason for anyone to attempt to serve me is likely illegal anyway, so...........

A legit situation where I may have run afowl of the law, yup. Gonna take it like a man and face the music!

Making me a fellon before I have committed a crime, all bets are off, we're going hot 🔥
At least you know that running around grabbing random 44DDs might result in your demise!

Or the feds. The feds wouldnt have him in on their party anyway. They can inform the county sheriff they will be serving a federal warrant in his county if they want to but they certainly dont have to and calling the sheriff when the fads are pushing you out of the way and entering your home isnt going to do anything. If they have a warrant theyre coming in and the sheriff isnt going to stop them.
The Feds might include locals - if the locals were friendly. Generally they are supposed to inform locals.

When we (USCG) had a supposed drug bust - the OSP, county, CGI and IIRC DEA - all showed up at the station.

But yes, cooperation by locals is not required.

When it comes to state laws, if the local sheriff is not friendly to a given law, they will just be ignored and it will be the state police who enforce the law. Generally, the state police are the right arm of the governor and AG, in OR they are very tight with the governors office (I know that because I have relatives involved at that level) so they have absolutely no issues with enforcing state laws when called upon to do so. I imagine it is the same way in WA state.

_nc_ohc=N0zy2QjweKwAX-ni7dS&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

That's a great thought process.

Let's add...the action of said LE is very obviously doing an unlawful act...does this change anything? At what point do we rally?
At one point, MI law said it was okay to resist unlawful arrest, then changed to up to but not including deadly force......Changed when MI became shall issue.
And just when do you think resisting an unlawful act by police will escalate to deadly force?
And by whom? And why?

Joe

The question was raised : At what point do we rally? "
Which is a damn good question.

With that in mind...
Trust and a common ground , so to speak must be reached.
There are many here who post thoughts , comments and the like that I agree with...
Not sure if there are the same number of folks on here who I trust.

For an individual to stand up and say : "This ain't right"...and take action to change the "ain't right" is all well and good...
But chances are they will be swallowed up by the powers that be , even if the individual is on the right , as in lawful side of things.

Support is needed....trust is needed and a common goal / ground , as well as allowing for slight differences in the "How and Why" of things.
All of which is sadly lacking among firearm owners and is shown here , on our forum , almost daily.

What point do we rally ? ...while there is a we in that question....it seems as if it is mostly an "I" statement...more than "we" statement at the moment.
Andy

The question was raised : At what point do we rally? "
Which is a damn good question.

With that in mind...
Trust and a common ground , so to speak must be reached.
There are many here who post thoughts , comments and the like that I agree with...
Not sure if there are the same number of folks on here who I trust.

For an individual to stand up and say : "This ain't right"...and take action to change the "ain't right" is all well and good...
But chances are they will be swallowed up by the powers that be , even if the individual is on the right , as in lawful side of things.

Support is needed....trust is needed and a common goal / ground , as well as allowing for slight differences in the "How and Why" of things.
All of which is sadly lacking among firearm owners and is shown here , on our forum , almost daily.

What point do we rally ? ...while there is a we in that question....it seems as if it is mostly an "I" statement...more than "we" statement at the moment.
Andy
I don't trust anyone. I have to see actions. Words are nothing.

With that being said I am even more critical of the 2A community cause my expectations are much higher.

Yet some words and statements will elicit a lasting response , mindset , opinion , etc...
Even if that occurred sometime in the past.

Andy
It's more of a respect issue than a trust issue when it comes to words/statements. A mindset can definitely tamper/destroy my trust in another individual. That's correct.

It has been said by many , that words don't matter....

I would ask those folks who think this to be true to consider the following...

The Preamble to our Constitution , The Bill of Rights , The Oath of Enlistment to the military....
All of the above have words and phrases...
Powerful words and phrases....designed to provoke thought as well as action.
Yet without those same words and phrases.....would we who have experienced the above , be the same...?

Even common every day happenings are caused by words or phrases...
Just how many times have you ( the general you , not anyone specific you ) have been :
Angered by a post or thread here....?
How many times have you smiled and laughed due to a post , comment or thread....
How many times have you posted a reply to the above...?
Words...that was brought to you by words and phrases.

It pays well to use words and phrases wisely.
Andy

When rallying, we can't do it blindly.

A couple years ago, Antifa was supposedly headed to the Hood River Oregon area from Portland. A lot of people converged on the town to help defend it. I got a few calls asking if was going to respond, my answer was no.

The next day I got calls back from the same people. They told me what went on etc., but finally asked why I didn't go.

My short answer...because I didn't know the people around me...who they were, their temperament, and training.

I didn't want to get caught up into something that didn't need to happen because someone jacked their jaws...or have to save someone or myself because of it...and of course things can get worse with firearms involved.

Knowing whom you're getting involved with is key...just like a fire team, assault team etc. Over time a bond is formed that can't be easily done with a one night gathering.

It has been said by many , that words don't matter....

I would ask those folks who think this to be true to consider the following...

The Preamble to our Constitution , The Bill of Rights , The Oath of Enlistment to the military....
All of the above have words and phrases...
Powerful words and phrases....designed to provoke thought as well as action.
Yet without those same words and phrases.....would we who have experienced the above , be the same...?

Even common every day happenings are caused by words or phrases...
Just how many times have you ( the general you , not anyone specific you ) have been :
Angered by a post or thread here....?
How many times have you smiled and laughed due to a post , comment or thread....
How many times have you posted a reply to the above...?
Words...that was brought to you by words and phrases.

It pays well to use words and phrases wisely.
Andy
Words followed by action mean something. Otherwise they are just words. Just letters group together to make a sentence that holds no weight.

We all reply to things sitting behind a phone or keyboard. And yes sometimes things can rub one the wrong way. We may call each other names and hurl out insults but still those are just words….. there is no follow through.

The 2A community is an emotional group that is tough in their own safety but tends to submit when there is any sign of struggle/conflict of security.

Words followed by action mean something. Otherwise they are just words. Just letters group together to make a sentence that holds no weight.
True....and no argument from me against that.

However...
Actions without thought or planning , which takes words....is just as meaningless.

In any event....my words have caused a thread drift ... :D
To which I apologize to the OP.
Andy

When rallying, we can't do it blindly.

A couple years ago, Antifa was supposedly headed to the Hood River Oregon area from Portland. A lot of people converged on the town to help defend it. I got a few calls asking if was going to respond, my answer was no.

The next day I got calls back from the same people. They told me what went on etc., but finally asked why I didn't go.

My short answer...because I didn't know the people around me...who they were, their temperament, and training.

I didn't want to get caught up into something that didn't need to happen because someone jacked their jaws...or have to save someone or myself because of it...and of course things can get worse with firearms involved.

Knowing whom you're getting involved with is key...just like a fire team, assault team etc. Over time a bond is formed that can't be easily done with a one night gathering.
Pffft

Joe

What I meant is....
When someone says "I am doing something, RIGHT NOW" will any one believe him?

Joe
You mean like if Randy Weaver called me up and told me he was making a stand against tyranny? I'd probably tell him to knock it off and do the Due Process bit before he gets Vicki killed 'cause those guys outside are killers and they dont care. . .

This sounds like some of the same threats that were going around for not shutting down a business, or not wearing a mask for covid. Fear of fines or arrest etc., and people gave in....because they agreed to do so.

People truly know if they've done wrong...but the intimidation factor is strong with the gov.
You are correct

Spiffy's restaurant tried that exact same posturing and you see what happened to them. They were forced out of business because they couldn't afford to go the distance in the courts.
I supported their defense budget but unfortunately there was not enough exposure or interest that could match Turd's or Jay's assault for noncompliance to an unjust mandate.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top