JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if a .300BLK hog-load would suffice... failing that, you'd lose a LOT of its punch out of a 10" barrel but 7.62 out of an AR10 pistol oughtta ruin its day.
300 BLK was designed for subsonic and full power loads from a 14" barrel. A 10" barrel might compromise it a bit, but if you're willing to go to a 12" barrel I would expect that to perform pretty well. Even a 10" barrel should outperform a .357, which is what I carry in the woods when I'm on foot.

I wonder if a .300BLK hog-load would suffice... failing that, you'd lose a LOT of its punch out of a 10" barrel but 7.62 out of an AR10 pistol oughtta ruin its day.
Actually, .300 BO & 7.62x39 do better out of short barrels than 7.62x51 does. Any of them would be adequate for a cougar if you chose the right ammo and did your part. Cougars are dangerous, but they are soft skinned and thin boned, so you don't need a lot to stop them.

Years ago I traveled to Los Angeles and went to the La Brea Tar Pits. It was amazing to see Saber Tooth Tigers and Mammoths skeletons. Now there is a NBC TV series called, "La Brea". I watched the first episode since my wife wanted to see it.
Well, thank heaven for tar pits! Otherwise in comparison cougars would look like Morris the cat.

300 BLK was designed for subsonic and full power loads from a 14" barrel. A 10" barrel might compromise it a bit, but if you're willing to go to a 12" barrel I would expect that to perform pretty well. Even a 10" barrel should outperform a .357, which is what I carry in the woods when I'm on foot.
Thanks for cross-checking me, guys. I was thinking something like a large-frame version of a Mk 18 or a Colt Commando, doubted 5.56 would be adequate.

👍😃

image.jpg

Even from a 10" barrel, as mentioned, I expect it would be effective at close range.
Absolutely most cougar around here are 110-150 lbs .556 is traveling faster with a crap ton more energy than a 357. My nephew took his cougar 140lbs with a 204 ruger at 50 yards lung shot. Jumped up took two steps and dropped.

I look forward to hearing about that and will book a tour.
No need on a tour, the goal would be reintroduction of the species to cull our Ambulance Chaser infestation. :) I'd say to invest in armored cars, but at the toothpoint a tyrannosaur bite had more force than an industrial waterjet cutter... now think on the fact that that kind of musclepower had primate-class brainpower (roughly comparable to a chimp) controlling it.

No need on a tour, the goal would be reintroduction of the species to cull our Ambulance Chaser infestation. :) I'd say to invest in armored cars, but at the toothpoint a tyrannosaur bite had more force than an industrial waterjet cutter... now think on the fact that that kind of musclepower had primate-class brainpower (roughly comparable to a chimp) controlling it.
Great news!!!! I will enjoy having the new creatures with me in the woods.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top