JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't use Lester's if'n you're gonna be in bear country...

Lester's.png

Add to the pile..

Did notice that it appeared the cougar had the dog by the back of the neck and/or head - which I gather is their usual MO?
Yes. In fact, people's upright posture seems to put cougars off somewhat. The cougars programming is to jump on the back of a four legged critter and grab it by the back of the neck or head. Humans who are attacked are often bending over to tie a shoe or mess with a pack or something on the ground, or on a bike that puts then in a bending over position. Or they have fallen. But no guarantees.

A great grandmother of mine who was a "school marm" on the frontier used to carry a rifle when she road her horse to and from the one--room school. The family lore says that she had to ride through deep woods, and the danger was cougars attacking the horse by pouncing down from a limb overhanging the trail. Apparently the expected form of attack was the cougar would knock the human off the horse to get onto the back of the horse and grab the horse by the back of the neck. So if the human kept the rifle in hand during an attack she could shoot cougar and save herself and probably the horse too. The horse was considered to be a much more attractive target to cougars than humans.

During the pandemic, many cougars were forced to stay in their lair and only travel locally and only on certain occasions. As the world opens up, many cougars are on the prowl. Limit your use of cologne and avoid eye contact with predatory cougars when around town. They smell weakness. Avoid imbibing too much alcohol as it lowers your overall perceptions. If you happen to be drug back to their den, wake early and slip out to safety as quietly as possible.

During the pandemic, many cougars were forced to stay in their lair and only travel locally and only on certain occasions. As the world opens up, many cougars are on the prowl. Limit your use of cologne and avoid eye contact with predatory cougars when around town. They smell weakness. Avoid imbibing too much alcohol as it lowers your overall perceptions. If you happen to be drug back to their den, wake early and slip out to safety as quietly as possible.
Too late, I got caught by one of these Felines, who is currently sharpening her claws as we speak!

I live up in the cascades just east of battleground. We have a female with only 3 legs her cubs wont leave her because of her injury so now we have a pride of 4. They are getting fairly big around 110lbs. Haven't caused any issues yet but lots of daytime sightings. Figure if she gets taken out the cubs will head out on there own. I feel totally comfortable using a 357 mag to take a cougar if i had to but given the choice i would use either my 5.56 or 308. A rifle is always your better option when dealing with dangerous game

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top