JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Daniel defense dropped their new pistol NW Armory has them in stock 1299 ouch. You guys buying or pass?

IMG_2012.jpeg

Pass. If you had use it for self defense you'll need to surrend it for likely months (or longer).

Moreover, at that price you could take a two-is-one, one-is-none strategy with two pistols such as Glock 19 or M&P 2.0.

I regret not picking up a genuine Hudson in a package deal that included a pile of mags for $800 a few years back. That was right after the company folded too.
Theyre a niche gun but a neat design that scratches a particular itch, forgottenweapons has a great series of videos covering them.
I think DD will struggle to sell many at this price and in this current market, but I respect them for trying.

At that price it's a maybe from me. Wouldn't be the first thousand dollar handgun I purchased. I'd pass above 1500 on it, though...

The mags are a concern, in that they're not compatible with anything else so that kinda blows

It's too expensive Pete.
For $300 more I can get an IWI Carmel that is how I put it into prospective for myself. I have so many guns that need optics I would rather work on that than a Gucci pistol. I feel like you can only do so much with a handgun but tell that to those stacatto boys dumping $2k into a stock pistol lol

At that price it's a maybe from me. Wouldn't be the first thousand dollar handgun I purchased. I'd pass above 1500 on it, though...

The mags are a concern, in that they're not compatible with anything else so that kinda blows
The mag compatibility and availability will be a problem. I have not looked at the prices but I can only imagine the mag being $50+ specially when they just got released and there is no compatible with the Hudson. Ouch

For $300 more I can get an IWI Carmel that is how I put it into prospective for myself. I have so many guns that need optics I would rather work on that than a Gucci pistol. I feel like you can only do so much with a handgun but tell that to those stacatto boys dumping $2k into a stock pistol lol
But can you actually FIND a Carmel? Anything coming out of Israel can't be easy to get.

But can you actually FIND a Carmel? Anything coming out of Israel can't be easy to get.
Yes I can there are a few retailer that have them for $1650 out the door. I was going to buy one but… that Sl8 deal at PSA for $999 I couldn't pass up! If it is still available in 2 months I'll be getting myself a real nice birthday present! That IWI Carmel is America built so I don't know how much Israel is doing in regards to parts I know they have their name on it lol

For me, if I want a 1911.
I will buy a 1911.

If I want a striker fired pistol, I will purchase one of them.

I don't really have a want or need for a hybrid 1911 Glock that is quite spendy.
But I am also not into buying the expensive guns out there for my image.

For me, if I want a 1911.
I will buy a 1911.

If I want a striker fired pistol, I will purchase one of them.

I don't really have a want or need for a hybrid 1911 Glock that is quite spendy.
But I am also not into buying the expensive guns out there for my image.
That's how I feel about 2011s. if I have a 1911 it's for nostalgic purposes. I don't need a double stacked optics ready 2011. I have a bunch of optics ready Glocks that are double stacked. IMO a 1911 should stay a 1911 if that makes any sense. I try to keep my guns as stock as possible. Those jack of all trades master of none guns I don't see the appeal but that's just me to each is own. I'm sure there are plenty of guys that would argue the opposite. Really just have to figure out your needs over something that just catches your eye lol

The Hudson H9 interested me enough - never bought one, but looked into it before they folded. I'd probably consider buying one. It's a neat design, would probably make a good competition gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top