JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
358 Win Mod 88, gone now. I still cry.
284 Win, Mauser action, really not too rare
41 mag, it's the long barreled thing at the top of my avatar
303 was my first rifle I bought and owned
My MT husband not my late husband owned (Sold now.) 2 of your firearm calibers for sure and I saw them before he sold them.

One was in a .358 caliber rifle. I remember that number. I think that was the rifle that Hank Williams Jr. owned and my husband bought it at the old Brady's store that is now closed. (HW had it on consignment many years ago and my husband bought it. He still owns property here in MT too. I think but I am not positive.) My husband reloaded for it too.

The 41 magnum was a really beautiful, CLASSIC, older Smith and Wesson d/a revolver. My husband reloaded for that too.

I do not know if he had your other 2 caliber firearms off hand and he is sleeping now.

There was another MARLIN (CT) rifle that he had for some time in a 336C (Walnut/blue.) and it was in a 35Remington caliber. When he sold it - 2 men wanted it and they were friends with one another. The one man told the first man, buyer, that IF he ever wanted to sell it that he should sell it to him. The buyer ended up buying the RCBS DIE so that he could reload for that rifle too. My husband sold DIES that he no longer loaded for when he downsized and consolidated a BUNCH of his firearms. My husband has seen that man, the buyer, on and off at the range and he still loves that rifle. He was very HAPPY with that purchase.

My MT husband has had a BOAT LOAD of cartridges and shotgun shells (LOL) that he used to reload for from a to z. Handguns, rifles and shotguns since the early 70's.

Take care.

Cate
PS: I do NOT reload but I did BRIEFLY think about getting into it when my late husband was alive. Right before his cancer discovery.

Last Edited:
I never owned a rare caliber firearm.

I DELIBERATELY bought ALMOST ALL of my firearms that could 'share' ammunition with one another. Mainly CF and RF handguns and, later on, 3 RF rifles back east.

Fifteen or so guns back east.

One black powder s/a revolver that I almost always forget about and gifted. I never shot it and I got it right before my late husband's cancer was discovered. I had the replica Italian made 'Navy' s/a revolver and the STUFF to shoot it with on hand but I never did. I gifted it to a close friend/Veteran before I moved out west. He was like a nephew to my late husband and me.

I never owned or bought a CF rifle until I moved out west.

I never owned or bought a shotgun back east or out here - west.

My late husband owned VERY FEW guns in his entire life. He ONLY owned 2 firearm calibers too. On purpose! They were in 22lr and 357Magnum.

He did end up getting some 38Special ammunition to have on hand too.

He never owned a shotgun.

He owned more boats (Sail and power.) in his life than he did in firearms.

Cate

.40-50 Sharps Bottleneck
.276 Ackley Magnum
.25 Bullberry
.257 Colton Magnum
.25 Pronghorn Pursuit Cartridge

All significantly more "obscure" than my mundane, common, garden variety .256 Winchester Magnums.

The most obscure cartridge (and gun) we have is 9mm Makarov.
There's also a 303 British in the safe. Which used to be pretty common, but seems like the odd duck these days.

Also an Ackley, but that's my own fault.

My Remington #1 rolling block originally came in .38 Long Rimfire.
Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 7.19.54 PM.png

At $3 each I decided to rechamber it for .357 Mag.

Model 95 Winchester in 30-40 gov.rare as in you can't find store bought ammo for it ever.
Most obscure firearm is my model 55 Winchester .22 a semi auto single shot.

Wow. After my last post, I looked online to try, once again, to find a rear sight for the Vetterli rifle.

I found one.

I emailed the guy with my phone number, and he called back within 5 minutes.

I now have a rear sight inbound. :s0023::s0053::s0056:

i have 2 guns that fit the bill, one I know I'll never shoot, because the condition is beyond my level of repair.

first being my late grandfathers 25-20 lever action. I have a partial box of ammo, and the last box I seen for sale was 100 at the last gun show.

the other is a Lefaucheux pinfire revolver. I dont know a lot about it, but is sure is neat.
[h3][/h3]

Years ago I collected Oregon Kimber rifles. I has a 6x45, 6x47 and a few usual 22 cals. But the one in 5.6x50 magnum was a rare one. I just don't hear about this cartridge. I still have 100 new brass cases somewhere.

221 cub cadet?? doesn't even show up on a google search.

WINNER WINNER
Sure it does...I think the poster was thinking this was for the most obscure snow blower model owned.;)

I have a couple that I recently acquired being the 218 Bee and 9.3x57 (still waiting for dies on that one). I don't own it (belongs to my boss) but do reload a 22 Savage HP. It's pretty fascinating that there are a ton of calibers (some pretty popular) that we (people who spend time looking at this stuff on the interwebs) have never heard of before. Or at least it happens to me quite frequently during random gun conversations with other enthusiasts proving time and again I don't know crap about the subject.

i have 2 guns that fit the bill, one I know I'll never shoot, because the condition is beyond my level of repair.

first being my late grandfathers 25-20 lever action. I have a partial box of ammo, and the last box I seen for sale was 100 at the last gun show.

the other is a Lefaucheux pinfire revolver. I dont know a lot about it, but is sure is neat.
[h3][/h3]
I was gonna mention .25-20 also, as I have a Savage Sporter in that caliber. Used to a very common round but not anymore and yes, ammo is expensive. The last two boxes I bought were around $50.00. I think I asked or Bi Mart to order it for me.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews